What you did today

Tale

Woke up today feeling especially demotivated, although considering my normal levels that doesn't seem possible. But at least the weekend's sort of close.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Woke up today feeling especially demotivated, although considering my normal levels that doesn't seem possible. But at least the weekend's sort of close.

What ails you my son?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Ever seen Office Space ? :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm heading out to Tahoe for a hockey tournament this weekend. I'm bringing the RV and no family, so we have a lot of beer packed. Should be fun!

Do have fun!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Have a grinding headache that's kicked in something chronic over the afternoon which hasn't been the most fun, and the weather's turning grey and a touch grim.

Also, my graphics card has crashed one time too many. So I think I'm going to have to give in to the inevitable before it damages my mother board and go out and pick up a new one manana. The joys of the credit card and then breaking into some of the savings.

Of course, my sister returns home with the dogs this weekend as well after a week away, so I guess it's a good idea to be able to put in new hardware without the furbags around and getting in the way.

But for the moment, i think a fresh cup of tea and some paracetamol.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Paracetamol's generally not that good for headaches, at least if they are muscle-based. Anti-inflammatory stuff, generally ibuprofen around here, tends to work a lot better.

Of course, if it's a migraine, then you're buggered.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Paracetamol's generally not that good for headaches, at least if they are muscle-based. Anti-inflammatory stuff, generally ibuprofen around here, tends to work a lot better.

Of course, if it's a migraine, then you're buggered.

Well technically, they're a paracetamol, aspirin & caffeine combo. Pretty much just a general pain relief masking the symptoms and letting you get on with the day rather then curative :)

Edit: 200mg paracetamo, 300mg aspirin, 45 mg caffeine, and some sorbitol.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

They put me on voltarol for my back. Although that made me giddy as a schoolgirl, so I stopped taking it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They put me on voltarol for my back. Although that made me giddy as a schoolgirl, so I stopped taking it.

Diclofenac is another one of those that has never really worked on me properly. Ibuprofen's really popular around here, and it has always done the trick for me. I got some Arcoxia when my back was carved open and still keep some around - but I think it's banned in the US, at least...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ever seen Office Space ? :thumbsup:

Nein?

Oh well then, just usual workplace soul sucking or intense apathy. I also have 5 bosses now, w00t.

Edited by Malcador

I'm heading out to Tahoe for a hockey tournament this weekend. I'm bringing the RV and no family, so we have a lot of beer packed. Should be fun!

Ive always wondered this about RV's, isnt whatever you save in lodging costs surpassed by your fuel and campground costs?

That's is a good question. I get 10 mpg or so, which can be pricey. Alternatively I get 20 in my family SUV, so I fill up twice as often in the rv. So a weekend trip isn't a great deal of savings. But if I go somewhere for a week, I save much more. An average hotel is $100 while a campsite with hookups is $40. So a hotel for 5 nights will run $500 while a campsite is $200.

Where I really save, though, is the food. I might eat out twice on a weeklong rv trip, but in a hotel you have no alternative. Same with lunch and breakfast.

Add in the fact that my rv is my bed and all my comforts of home, and it is a great choice for travel.

Ive always wondered this about RV's, isnt whatever you save in lodging costs surpassed by your fuel and campground costs?

That's is a good question. I get 10 mpg or so, which can be pricey. Alternatively I get 20 in my family SUV, so I fill up twice as often in the rv. So a weekend trip isn't a great deal of savings. But if I go somewhere for a week, I save much more. An average hotel is $100 while a campsite with hookups is $40. So a hotel for 5 nights will run $500 while a campsite is $200.

Where I really save, though, is the food. I might eat out twice on a weeklong rv trip, but in a hotel you have no alternative. Same with lunch and breakfast.

Add in the fact that my rv is my bed and all my comforts of home, and it is a great choice for travel.

If you really want to make that a fair costs comparison, you've got to include the amortized cost of purchasing/renting the RV in the calculation.

Got diagnosed ( yesterday ) with stage IV kidney cancer.

Beat that Forumites! :wink:

Presently enjoying a delightful mix of percodan and rum and coke. Tomorrow's schedule is a fast from midnight ( 1 1/4 hrs from now ) til 2 PM or later while they drill out a biopsy to decide if/what they are going to do. Surgery presently scheduled for Tuesday the 23rd.

Pictures at 11. :wink:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Presently enjoying a delightful mix of percodan and rum and coke. Tomorrow's schedule is a fast from midnight ( 1 1/4 hrs from now ) til 2 PM or later while they drill out a biopsy to decide if/what they are going to do. Surgery presently scheduled for Tuesday the 23rd.

you've probably beaten like 10,000,000 level 4s as a gamer, this one's just IRL. hang tough buddy :)

you've probably beaten like 10,000,000 level 4s as a gamer, this one's just IRL. hang tough buddy :)

:lol: Good thinkin!

Stage 4

About 1 in 4 people (25%) with kidney cancer have stage 4 cancer when they are diagnosed. This either means the cancer has grown into the tissues around the kidney or it has spread to another part of the body. Overall, with a stage 4 kidney cancer, about 10 out of every 100 people (10%) diagnosed live for at least 5 years. But this is affected very much by the grade of the cancer. With a low grade cancer and local spread, some studies show 5 year survival statistics as high as 40 out of every 100 people (40%).

:o Might only have a few games of Baldur's Gate left in me. :ermm:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

you've probably beaten like 10,000,000 level 4s as a gamer, this one's just IRL. hang tough buddy :thumbsup:

:lol: Good thinkin!

Stage 4

About 1 in 4 people (25%) with kidney cancer have stage 4 cancer when they are diagnosed. This either means the cancer has grown into the tissues around the kidney or it has spread to another part of the body. Overall, with a stage 4 kidney cancer, about 10 out of every 100 people (10%) diagnosed live for at least 5 years. But this is affected very much by the grade of the cancer. With a low grade cancer and local spread, some studies show 5 year survival statistics as high as 40 out of every 100 people (40%).

>_< Might only have a few games of Baldur's Gate left in me. :ermm:

*speechless*

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Lame. Don't leave me! I would be all condoling and sad and stuff but frankly I bet you're getting (or are going to get) quite enough of that in real life and would like a break.

I think you're pretty awesome tarna and the fight's not over yet. They can do some amazing things in medicine these days (developments in the past 10 years alone have been astounding).

I read an interesting report a few years back that linked optimism with increased cancer survival rates. Just a thought.