STEAM!

Gorth

I enjoyed Borderlands immensely in single player.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i liked it as single player too, but not nearly as much as splitscreen multiplayer.

still, for 8 bones it seems more than a good deal, even if you get bored you'll still probably get 20 hours out of it, which is a pretty good fun-money ratio

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's quite fun with friends. But it's too grindy to be a good singleplayer game.

I disagree. It's very fun, at least for one playthrough, as a singleplayer game. Even better on the harder difficulties - at least as a Hunter or Siren (imo). It's just that the very very ending kinda sucks.

Respawn rate made it fun to run over the same idiot bandits near a town, over and over and over again, sometimes. :sorcerer:

I was looking at that Halloween sale yesterday, thinking about using it to take a look at the action games I'd never pay full price for, but I'm so indecisive, even for 6-10 bucks.

L4Dead series, single player? ( I know they use AI for the others)

Deadscape?

Bioshock series?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

left 4 dead is absolutely fantastic multiplayer coop (and versus) but pretty lackluster single player, you'll probably get 4-8 hours out of it in single player before you get tired of it.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

Well since all the Fallout New Vegas dlc is out and on sale, I've decided to pick them up finally.. now I just need to be in the right mood to replay the game again...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

just bought:

Gemini Rue and Avadon

waiting for better prices on a few other things, i've got about 8 games i'm waiting to hit that magic $5 price point.

Should I get Sam & Max complete...

I mean, I have all the games. But I have two seasons on Steam, two from Telltale. It'd be nice to have them all in one spot.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hm, New Vegas is a good deal at that price. Was curious about Sniper :Ghost Warrior as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, almost bought Lonesome Road yesterday for -50% but I had a feeling it would get -75% sale during the week, gonna pick it up later. After that I have them all and didn't pay full price for any of them muahaaha! I even got Dead Money for free because Tale is awesome :)

Bought La noire 13 days ago.. it's not working and now it's 50% off.. I feel robbed.. Also gotta be some kind of record, half price in less than 2 weeks I guess Rockstar realized how ****ty their port was and wants to make a quick buck.

Fortune favors the bald.

Bought La noire 13 days ago.. it's not working and now it's 50% off.. I feel robbed.. Also gotta be some kind of record, half price in less than 2 weeks I guess Rockstar realized how ****ty their port was and wants to make a quick buck.

Yeah that happened to me with BFBC2, heh. Gotta learn to only buy when it's at $10 :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why does Steam make it so difficult to send gifts to multiple people? I want to send out four copies of FO:NV. I have to select each recipient, write them out a message, go back and select a new one, write them out a message...

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yeah, almost bought Lonesome Road yesterday for -50% but I had a feeling it would get -75% sale during the week, gonna pick it up later.
Thought so, too, and we are right. I bought all the DLCs now. :) Wonder when I can play them any time soon, though >_<

PS L.A. Noire is half price but I would wait for better deal this time...I don't have time for gaming atm, anyway.

Heh, bought all the FO:NV DLC's and installed them. Found the place under data files where I had to select them and loaded my current game in progress (still my first playthrough). Didn't have time to play at all, but just wanted to check it worked.

(Insert sound of Gorth being crushed under 3 tonnes of concrete here)

Should have had a warning label on the tin that says something like 'Consuming content may result in considerable weight gain' :)

Long live companion inventories.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein