STEAM!

Gorth

Are the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games anything like New Vegas? (No VATS, I know that much.)

The games look very interesting, but I'm not a big fan of first person perspective. Does it play more like a shooter, or can you actually survive even if you suck at FPS games?

Huh, at least 2 games I own on Steam've had Mac versions added since the last time I booted the thing (witcher and kotor). Unfortunately NWN2 platinum isn't one of them. Still, any game that doesn't require me booting into an inferior operating system has a considerably higher chance of getting playtime.

(Edit: To make the above seem less fanboyish, the final version of Windows I have a license for is XP. Now you'll have to worka bit more for your clever comeback)

p.s. WIth all the "EE"s games are getting, KOTOR2 really should be (the) one to get such a treatment.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Are the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games anything like New Vegas? (No VATS, I know that much.)

The games look very interesting, but I'm not a big fan of first person perspective. Does it play more like a shooter, or can you actually survive even if you suck at FPS games?

The strength of the series is in the feel, the level design and the exploration but appart from that its a shooter and it gets quite challenging at times.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Huh, at least 2 games I own on Steam've had Mac versions added since the last time I booted the thing (witcher and kotor). Unfortunately NWN2 platinum isn't one of them. Still, any game that doesn't require me booting into an inferior operating system has a considerably higher chance of getting playtime.

(Edit: To make the above seem less fanboyish, the final version of Windows I have a license for is XP. Now you'll have to worka bit more for your clever comeback)

p.s. WIth all the "EE"s games are getting, KOTOR2 really should be (the) one to get such a treatment.

As bad as windows is my experience of MacOs is that everything has large shiny buttons, there is no context menu on the right click button and you can't do anything if you are not signed into Itunes. Can you even still install from disk or is it all Appstore now.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Depends on what you want from it. It has some of the most realistic shooting mechanics ever seen in a video game, but that also makes gunfights incredibly challenging at times. It's not an FPS like call of duty where you're being shot at 99% of the time, so to some people that comes off as "slow".

The game is technically open-world but the game world itself is not seamless, rather it's a bunch of huge maps that are connected by a number of paths. That said, if you like exploration in your games you're in for a treat here.

Huzzah TLJ won the community vote, although I guess those here that would play it already have.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Only gotten Saints Row: the Third so far. It's ok, but it boggles my mind why there's no camera toggle. The camera is too damn close in and it feels cramped. Also, I don't like the way these type games only have a mission based save game feature. I just don't get it - some game designers just seem to be about airheaded - cramming in a lot of features no matter how superficial but leaving out some basic but pretty essential things.

Question about Anno 2070 for those who have played it/ Wanted to ask how it compared with previous Anno games and if it brought some new things to the table besides just the setting. Seems rather interesting and Gamersgate has it for $20 right now. I knwo that Steam only went down to $25 and while I'd like to just get it from Steam, wanted to ask first.

Question about Anno 2070 for those who have played it/ Wanted to ask how it compared with previous Anno games and if it brought some new things to the table besides just the setting. Seems rather interesting and Gamersgate has it for $20 right now. I knwo that Steam only went down to $25 and while I'd like to just get it from Steam, wanted to ask first.

Gameplay is a lot like Anno 1404, but there are of course some tweaks here and there. I think the production chains are a little bit more complex in the later part of the game. There will be an expansion pack in autumn, which will expand the third faction and the underwater setting.

Edited by Bendu

*cough* TSLRCM 1.8 *cough*

Got E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy for cheap myself...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Only gotten Saints Row: the Third so far. It's ok, but it boggles my mind why there's no camera toggle. The camera is too damn close in and it feels cramped. Also, I don't like the way these type games only have a mission based save game feature. I just don't get it - some game designers just seem to be about airheaded - cramming in a lot of features no matter how superficial but leaving out some basic but pretty essential things.

It saves pretty regularly on the autosave spot, when you exit shops or your homebase.

Fortune favors the bald.

It saves pretty regularly on the autosave spot, when you exit shops or your homebase.

Yes, I also save it quite regularly on my own. Do you mean you can't save in the middle of missions? I've never seen that as a big problem, the missions are all pretty short.

Beyond Good & Evil is on flashsale, ridicilously cheap. Go get it if you haven't played it yet, won't regret it (especially at that price)!

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Depends on what you want from it. It has some of the most realistic shooting mechanics ever seen in a video game, but that also makes gunfights incredibly challenging at times. It's not an FPS like call of duty where you're being shot at 99% of the time, so to some people that comes off as "slow".

The game is technically open-world but the game world itself is not seamless, rather it's a bunch of huge maps that are connected by a number of paths. That said, if you like exploration in your games you're in for a treat here.

Yeah, STALKER was a very good game, very different from most shooters. I liked it a lot. It also has an atmosphere that is amazing (I really like how people just sitting around talking in the background actually speak russian)

Bought the entire pack now, mostly because I never did get clear sky and call of pripyat.

It's actually one of the most difficult FPS series I have ever played! There was a night battle in a hospital in the rain in Call of Pripyat.. zero visibility, severely outnumbered, low on ammunition and health and a maze of a building to navigate. I have no idea how I ever got through that, but maybe this is the reason why it's also my favourite FPS series ever.

Guess if I am disappointed there will be no Stalker 2.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Blah.

As bad as windows is my experience of MacOs is that everything has large shiny buttons, there is no context menu on the right click button and you can't do anything if you are not signed into Itunes. Can you even still install from disk or is it all Appstore now.

1) Yes there is a right-click context menu 2) hyperbole 3) sure, you can install from disc if you for some perverted reason want to, I don't think I have anything apart from Office which I've actually gotten on a disc (instead of, say, download directly from developer or steam).

i dont know much about macs, but every person i know who owns a mac (3 people) does not have the ability to right click. they also use itunes

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Blah.

???

^

Blah.

???

!!!

A mod for my disc and windows bound version is not what I'm looking for.

It's also working for mac though... so, again

???

And nothing too interesting anymore on the sale, seems just the same old ones done over again, and all the interesting I already got of course...

^