STEAM!

Gorth

I'm glad you all understand my woes, my true friends.

Also trying to get some books to read during the summer, and it turns out getting English copies of Bakhtin and Weber in Seoul can be difficult.

Excuse me while I break down and cry a little bit.

Screw that, I bet they have great comic books in Korea.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Anyone having trouble going in offline mode? Not once have I had this problem before but now it won't let me use it.

The last time I tried, maybe a month ago, I had to physically remove my wireless USB for it to activate Offline mode, otherwise Steam would be in continuous search for the connection even though I couldn't connect to the internet.

Woo, sale, the only time worth considering buying stuff. That Square Enix pack does look tempting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Crusader Kings is $10, Sword of Islam is $2.50.... I paid $60 for both. I don't regret it, but thems are big sales.

ok for today got crusader kings 2 (so i can play with the game of thrones mod) and legend of grimrock

i also have about 12 games on my wishlist all in the 25-40% off range, and will wait for those to get their daily sales (hopefully in the 66-75% off range) before buying. if they never get daily sales, then i'll buy most of them on the last day.

and then my backlog will have over 50 games in it.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

and then my backlog will have over 50 games in it.
Is... that supposed to be a lot? Steam lists me as 320 games. And stops showing that I've played them at about 150. :(

And I'm still eyeing to buy Geneforge and Walking Dead. I need an intervention.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have 81 games in my Steam list and always when I check the steam shop, I find nothing of interest. To me it almost feels like I bought everything on Steam that is interesting to me. :>

Though, I might buy Batman Arkham City, tested the demo and it seems to be worthy of my money. Let's wait for the special sale then.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Good list of 'hidden' deals - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2799277

Hard Reset is at a nice price. Raven Shield as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I picked up Crusader Kings 2 and Lost Horizon.. Put a couple of things on wishlist so I'll see if they go into daily deals at any point soon..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

With you + 3 friends, it is quite fun for a while. With you + 3 ai follower it is quite boring.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yes it is, it's one of the best co-op shooters ever (and if you like to play adverserally then "Vs. mode" lets 4 players play as survivors and 4 players take on the role of special infected which are zombies with horrible mutations like being able to spit pools of acid or tie up survivors with a lassoo-like toung). It forces teamwork by design, if an enemy pins you (and that will happen frequently) then you're helpless unless a fellow survivor saves you. It's been surprisingly effective at getting random people to work as a proper team. You get all of the left 4 dead 1 campaigns in l4d2 because valve patched those in freely and there are a ton of community maps available as well. The weapons and enemies all feel great, the levels are well designed and themed, there's plenty of funny banter between the survivors. You will have so many great stories where something has gone horribly wrong or is about to go horribly wrong and what is left of your team is staggering for the safe-house with bad wounds, no medical supplies or ammo and then at last minuet something amazing happens that either saves or dooms you all. I'd suggest at least early on playing with friends though and preferably ones who are also new to the game for the best experience when you're all learning the maps and what the monsters can do but even so l4d2 is one of the games where you are most likely to have a good time playing with complete strangers.

edit: Ah, well it's a blast as a multiplayer game but it's rubbish if you're playing by yourself.

Edited by Serrano

Hmm thanks for that. I thought it would be a fun MP game but I like to be able to play SP too. I might get Modern Warfare to see what all the fuss is about.

FFS get he first one. The second is very very very over the top meh, and was part of what led to IW getting canned because they sabotaged the product.

*clicks the store button* Space marine, Max Payne 3, tribes, all on the chopping block

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hm, might nab it. Not really burning to play it though, so maybe will wait for a lower price.

Max Payne 3 is 50% off. Anybody who doesn't get it at this point is not a gamer.

Am clearly not a gamer, as I don't like R* games at all.

I don't know what I am if I'm, not a gamer, though. Steam shows me putting in the hours an' all.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

I wish I was a gamer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."