STEAM!

Gorth

Do you need a special one for PC or is it USB. Actually with all the cords under my table the wireless one sounds good.

It's USB. Actually, it's the reason you'll never find a wired one at gamestop, they stopped makin em and people either kept em for pc gaming pads, or gave em away with the systems that they traded in.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Do you need a special one for PC or is it USB. Actually with all the cords under my table the wireless one sounds good.

A normal 360 pad works, there are official PC drivers on the MS homepage. There's also a wireless version bundled with a WLAN adapter for PC, though it's a bit more expensive.

Don't go with a no-name or PS controller, as these ar often not recognized by games. There are work-arounds, but these are not always optimal.

Edited by Morgoth

A normal 360 pad works, there are official PC drivers on the MS homepage. There's also a wireless version bundled with a WLAN adapter for PC, though it's a bit more expensive.

Don't go with a no-name or PS controller, as these ar often not recognized by games. There are work-arounds, but these are not always optimal.

Microsoft's own xbox360 controller for PC's is almost too well recognised by games. I've had quite a few where I needed to physically unplug it because the game refused to use my joystick settings, despite selecting that as input device ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got L.A. Noire too. Haven't tried it yet though.

People had issues with AA with keyboard and mouse? What else would one use? It was pathetically easy (on normal) to fight. Then again sneaking was the main difficulty, where fighting controls don't matter.

DX:HR's convo-battles are some of the best parts of the game (the worst? Boss fights). Also, both AP, DX and DX:HR share... Pistol is overpowered. Why get a machinegun when it's soooo much more powerful?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Nothing? Seems a fair bit to me - crappy tactical shooter mechanics tacked onto an RPG with your stat based upgrade system that tries to do everything but isn't great in anything, and oh yeah, embarrassing boss battles. Alpha Protocol does do one thing pretty great though, the dialogue system, including it's decent characters. Deus Ex looks like a similiar experience with weaker character interaction, the sole thing that makes Alpha Protocol enjoyable.

What a joke. Deus Ex is enjoyable for it's game play, story and dialogue. AP is a tedious game with good dialogue. Also AP boss battles are worse then DX:HR. The reason DX:HR bosses are so heavily criticized(and rightfully so) is because the rest of the game is so much better.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

By default, wireless 360 controllers do not come with a charge cord or rechargeable batteries. You have to buy a "plug and play kit" for that. Some controllers may be packaged with a plug and play kit, but you'll have to double check.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I assume the PC one works on the Xbox as well ?

Yes.

Does the one with a wireless adapter have a power cord or is it just a small usb dongle type thing. Are the batteries rechargable ?

No. Btw, I was wrong when I said they come bundled. The WLAN adapter is a seperate device, you can get one very cheaply on ebay if you want. The wireless 360 pad needs 2 AA batteries, or alternatively, the a charging Kit (akkumulator with USB cord, ~20 bucks).

Is Deus Ex anything more than an over hyped Alpha Protocol?

I didn't realise the two games had anything in common. Wait, I still don't. ;)

Nothing? Seems a fair bit to me - crappy tactical shooter mechanics tacked onto an RPG with your stat based upgrade system that tries to do everything but isn't great in anything, and oh yeah, embarrassing boss battles. Alpha Protocol does do one thing pretty great though, the dialogue system, including it's decent characters. Deus Ex looks like a similiar experience with weaker character interaction, the sole thing that makes Alpha Protocol enjoyable.

I dunno, I disagree with everything you say here. The two certainly play completely differently. And I actually like them both.

If gaming's become such a chore, maybe you should pick up knitting or zumba. :o

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What a joke. Deus Ex is enjoyable for it's game play, story and dialogue. AP is a tedious game with good dialogue. Also AP boss battles are worse then DX:HR. The reason DX:HR bosses are so heavily criticized(and rightfully so) is because the rest of the game is so much better.

Looks like a **** game that only fanboys could enjoy.

I didn't realise the two games had anything in common. Wait, I still don't. :ermm:

I dunno, I disagree with everything you say here. The two certainly play completely differently. And I actually like them both.

If gaming's become such a chore, maybe you should pick up knitting or zumba. ;)

Or I could pick up you and body slam you.

Funny coming from someone like you.

:ermm:

Are you a child?

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

AP was fun to play, but I don't think it compares well to DX:HR. Oh well, maybe some day Obsidian will do it, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i remember Alpha Protocol having very clunky shooting and stealth mechanics, Deus Ex HR felt much smoother to play. I also hated choosing stances in Alpha Protocol, I prefer being able to choose what my character actually says.

still, AP wasn't a terrible game, and with better design from the ground up it could have been great

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

DXHR was a more polished game and it had a better combination of features that interlinked together. AP was more schizophrenic, more up and down, and sometimes downright odd. That said, I had a lot more fun with AP, the nonlinearity it provided was really unique these days and the combat also had its fun moments, especially with explosives and the like. I also found the DXHR story/dialogue pretty dull, it flirted with transhumanism stuff but never really got interesting stuff out of it. AP's story wasn't anything special either but it had interesting delivery.

Both good games, maybe one thing AP could have learnt from DXHR is the larger and impressive level design, DXHR from AP the nonlinearity.

DX:HR was pretty bland overall, and didn't really have anything memorable about it. All I remember of the game was Garrett or somesuch (what was the protagonist's name again anyway) acting like a complete idiot in cutscenes.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

DXHR was a more polished game and it had a better combination of features that interlinked together. AP was more schizophrenic, more up and down, and sometimes downright odd. That said, I had a lot more fun with AP, the nonlinearity it provided was really unique these days and the combat also had its fun moments, especially with explosives and the like. I also found the DXHR story/dialogue pretty dull, it flirted with transhumanism stuff but never really got interesting stuff out of it. AP's story wasn't anything special either but it had interesting delivery.

Both good games, maybe one thing AP could have learnt from DXHR is the larger and impressive level design, DXHR from AP the nonlinearity.

This is the best comparison here, I have to say.

Funny coming from someone like you.

:(

Are you a child?

Not a child but me brain hurts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxSbOQBde58

I didn't realise the two games had anything in common. Wait, I still don't. :(

If gaming's become such a chore, maybe you should pick up knitting or zumba. :rolleyes:

I don't even need to think of a witty answer to this, you've already ridiculed yourself. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I also hated choosing stances in Alpha Protocol, I prefer being able to choose what my character actually says.

While Dx:HR used the same system, that hovering over it actually displays the line (or 2) Adam says afterwards really helps.

With the "ME-conversation wheel" becoming more common ( :( ) I wish they would all do something like that.

Then again, why use that stupid wheel then in the first place... :rolleyes:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

First time I felt that the holiday sales on Steam was a disappointment. I think I got maybe 2 or 3 titles and I already forgot which they were' I only bought them because they were cheap, not because of interest.

I bought Avadon: The Black Fortress.. and Dungeons of Dredmor (which I love). Other than that? No idea.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!