STEAM!

Gorth

Is Deus Ex anything more than an over hyped Alpha Protocol? I still need to finish that game, and the characters atleast seem a lot better than what I see in previews for Deus Ex.

It's got pro's over DX and con's over DX. But IMO AP is better.

Of course countless reviewers and gamers disagree.

Well I think I'd be disagreeing with them. I'll take a game that does one thing great over one that does many things but isn't great at any, and almost fails at a few.

Actually, as I did pick up DE:HR in the aforementioned Amazon sale, but haven't gotten to playing it yet (thanks to Shogun 2, Frozen Synapse, and a strategy-gaming itch that needed scratching), I should ask: Is the DLC particularly worthwhile or indispensable?

Is Deus Ex anything more than an over hyped Alpha Protocol? I still need to finish that game, and the characters atleast seem a lot better than what I see in previews for Deus Ex.

Uh? Nope. Completely different type of approach to level design/problem solution. Deus Ex actually has good gameplay too, so that's a plus.

Question: Is Dead Island any good? What's the closest game to compare?

Chess with jelly babies.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Still haven't gotten anywhere in the missing link. Having my carefully crafted build ruined and having to do it all over again just didn't seem that interesting. The vanilla game is the best of its kind in a while.

Meh, you just have to think of it as a separate (mini-)game, which is what it really is. I liked it, mostly because I was better at the game at that point and so enjoyed going at it without super powers. Also, I wanted it to be the first game where I get and maintain 100 % on the PS3, and thus had to do it Factory Zeroed. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They ran out of third party prizes. If you go for any gift pile achievements, you can only get valve coupons and games now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tried out a bunch of demos. After playing them all for at least 5 minutes each, I ended up buying 2 games. Rochard was a must (got the version including the awesome soundtrack). Just plain fun. Secondary choice was Divinity 2 The Dragon Knight Saga (2 games in one)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I still can't play it and neither can any of my friends.. the forums are flooded with people having issues.. thank god everyone is being fairly civil about it though. But I think it's gonna take at least 6 months before the game is playable.

Fortune favors the bald.

Is Deus Ex anything more than an over hyped Alpha Protocol?

I didn't realise the two games had anything in common. Wait, I still don't. :down:

Nothing? Seems a fair bit to me - crappy tactical shooter mechanics tacked onto an RPG with your stat based upgrade system that tries to do everything but isn't great in anything, and oh yeah, embarrassing boss battles. Alpha Protocol does do one thing pretty great though, the dialogue system, including it's decent characters. Deus Ex looks like a similiar experience with weaker character interaction, the sole thing that makes Alpha Protocol enjoyable.

Question: Is Dead Island any good? What's the closest game to compare?

Borderlands. Just like Borderlands you have to play it in coop mode or you will probably hate it. Initial impressions of Dead Island were bad for me as the characters are all d-bags and the game isn't all that great in single player. Once I joined someone's game I started having a lot of fun. Still very early in game but I'm glad I got it so far...

I went a bit nuts with the steam sales... :down:

While I'd rather play Arkham with a gamepad, it works well with M+K, too. In some ways it becomes easier to combo.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: