STEAM!

Gorth

Haven't bought anything on steam yet this christmas. Either I've got the games already or I find them ****ty or too expensive for their ****tyness.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Bought Dawn of War II for $6.79 on today's deal. I'm not really a warhammer/40k fan, but I like the first dawn of war game and also heard the mechanics of II are different so I held off on getting all three games.

Honestly, DoW2 was enjoyable to me, but Chaos rising was just.... boring.

It basically is a squad tactics game in the vein of myth, just without a lot of the "Casualties!" calls.

There's a lot of promise, but it seems to not have been capitalized on, much like the Space Marine game. One thing I wanted was a "Horde Mode" where each member picked a squad type, and tried to deal with ever more powerful waves of enemies. And we KIND of got it in Chaos Rising as "Last Stand" but instead of being a "Pick a squad" it's "Pick a hero" with only certain "builds" being viable to each hero (for example, a teleport/doombolt build for the Chaos Sorc is one of the most dangerous things to play, but does incredibly well in the hands of a micromanager).

Personally if they had put it in with the selection of a scout, tactical, devestator, and assault marines, and had players pick which one they used with a small loadout choice, then built a map around fighting off waves of enemies from one direction (like the defense missions in game) you'd probably see some more interesting play. Although the current incarnation of Last Stand can be pretty crazy when you've got like 8 dreadnaughts running around in one of the final rounds of the primary map.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I got a couple of things, AVP and Arkham Asylum being the big names and a few indie/low budget games for good measure.

Most of my Steam stuff is probably from the 4 humble bundles that I've bought and redeemed the codes for. Still bought a few things this December though. Grotesque Tactics 2, Plants and Zombies GOTY Edition, UFO Extraterrestials Gold (just to satisfy my curiosity), Worms (one of the best games ever), the Dungeon Siege III DLC and Skyrim which I still haven't gotten around to play yet).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I got a couple of things, AVP and Arkham Asylum being the big names and a few indie/low budget games for good measure.

If more people have bought AVP we should game some time.. none of my friends want to play against me anymore. ;)

Fortune favors the bald.

Most of my Steam stuff is probably from the 4 humble bundles that I've bought and redeemed the codes for. Still bought a few things this December though. Grotesque Tactics 2, Plants and Zombies GOTY Edition, UFO Extraterrestials Gold (just to satisfy my curiosity), Worms (one of the best games ever), the Dungeon Siege III DLC and Skyrim which I still haven't gotten around to play yet).

Yeah, the humble bundles are probably what got me hooked on buying up cheap stuff on Steam ;)

If more people have bought AVP we should game some time.. none of my friends want to play against me anymore. :(

To be honest I only got it to see what all the DX11 fuss was about, I don't know if the game will hold my attention for very long, I get this issue with all FPS's, RPG's suck my life away though...

Forgot to mention Dungeon Defenders. One of those easy to learn, hard to master things. The demo did something unusual and actually sold me the game ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've just gotten Hard Reset so far - kind of nice for what it is, straight shooter with good gunplay in a Blade Runner setting. It's pretty shocking that a budget title such as this, one which I've yet to see a fellow human character in game, can feel more alive than most AAA titles.

...then I still prefer big business "bombast" games over indie "creative" trash.

Though it couldn't hurt to have them both combined.

I wasn't trying to imply that one was superior by definition .. and while I realize it's your personal opinion, calling indie titles trash seems a bit harsh.

The modus operandi is simply different - again generally speaking, the primary focus in big business in making money via a hopefully creative product and the primary focus for indie developers is the creation of a product that hopefully makes money.

Fortune favors the bald.

They ended up selling me on Guardian of Light yesterday, Binding of Isaac and War in the North today. Yeah, I'll never get around to playing all I've got.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They really want to sell me TW:Shogun 2 with that price. ;) I just don't know when i'd be able to play it. o.o

SOn, and this is exactly why I stopped getting "mistreated" (tortured? Raped?) by these Steam Sales. I just don't buy into them anymore, 'cause I know most of these games are gonna bore the **** out of me anyway. Only game I bought during the Holidays was Hunted, and that should keep me entertained for a while. You feel so much more less burdened when you know you don't have a huge staple uf unplayed games in your Steam account. I feel like I'm a new person now.

Edit: "You feel so much more less burdened"

Lol, I always write nonsense like that if I'm sober.

Edited by Morgoth

Deus Ex HR is a decent price too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I paid 20 euro for my Augmented Edition about a week or 2 ago, so cheaper. Still;

Fallout: New Vegas

4.99 EUR

Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money

2.49 EUR

Puzzle Agent 2

2.49 EUR

Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC

2.49 EUR

Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues DLC

2.49 EUR

Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC

2.49 EUR

Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal

0.99 EUR

Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash

0.49 EUR

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC

3.73 EUR

Total

22.65 EUR

:)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Generally speaking, big business is good at making bombastic titles, small business is good at working creatively with their limitations.

Agreed there. I'm not sure if I'll ever buy a big game title again until one of those select few come along that are worth it(which is what I've been doing for the last few years anyway).

Is Deus Ex anything more than an over hyped Alpha Protocol? I still need to finish that game, and the characters atleast seem a lot better than what I see in previews for Deus Ex.

It's got pro's over DX and con's over DX. But IMO AP is better.

Of course countless reviewers and gamers disagree.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee