Have they fixed these Co-op Issues Yet? ETA?

Some issues I need fixed before I start playing this game co-op with friends, which is the only reason I bought the game in the first place.

1. Local Character Saves for the Client. I don't want my character saved on my friends computer.

2. Disproportionate Item Drops. It's my understanding that the Host gets way more and better stuff than the Client.

3. Shared Camera. Not as important but extremely annoying.

Does anyone know the state of these issues? Are they being worked on? Are any of them fixed yet? With no patch release notes on Steam it's hard to keep track of what has been fixed and what is still a problem. Thanks.

The save for the client on your friends computer is because when you drop in you are playing one of the 3 companions to their main companion. When you leave their game they still have your character in their game fighting along side the but only controlled by the AI instead of a human being. So they won't be getting rid of that feature.

As for disproportionate item drops. That is untrue. Everything that is dropped goes into the group inventory. So if your friend who is playing DS3 as say Anjali and you are playing as Lucas, if your friend picks up a sword meant for Lucas, you still have access to it from the item equip screen or the item menu. There is no disproportionate item drop.

As for the shared camera. That is annoying as hell because if you are trying to dodge around the screen and avoid being killed but someone is playing a melee character and in the thick of it you get pulled to them automatically and either end up taking lots of damage or dying.

I hope they fix the camera issue. The other two issues won't be fixed because they aren't needed to be fixed.

+1 to fix the camera. Very hard on my wife playing Katarina and I'm playing Lucas.

Yeah I hope they fix the camera issue. It's a pain in the rear. I mean even Fable 3 with their online co-op feature fixed that issue. Fable 2 had this same issue but never got fixed. Hoping for a fix here for DS3 for online or even couch co-op.

+1 on shared camera too. It works in local but in online its pretty bad.

Looking at the game I actually think it would have been better to cut the half baked online mode. As a couch co-op game its tons of fun. In online there are a lot of annoyances. Its still fun if you can co-ordinate each other otherwise it gets reallly annoying.

Edited by C2B

I wouldn't count on any of those issues being fixed on this iteration of Dungeon Siege. The "fix" Fable had used required massive changes to the engine and a brand spanking new squeal.. So, uh, for a more pessimistic ETA for the fix from some random who doesn't know a thing: In the distant future when Dungeon Siege 4 is released.

It costs a lot to put in a new feature post-release; more than this game is worth I'll bet (Think of it as "upgrading" a sea faring ship while it's in use across the pacific ocean sort of expensive)

I wouldn't count on any of those issues being fixed on this iteration of Dungeon Siege. The "fix" Fable had used required massive changes to the engine and a brand spanking new squeal.. So, uh, for a more pessimistic ETA for the fix from some random who doesn't know a thing: In the distant future when Dungeon Siege 4 is released.

Fable not the same as DSIII. We don't really how hard it would be in the end. Granted the change from a shared camera is big but you could still improve the camera in different ways.

The problem is, that the publisher is Square Enix. We might get the same problem as Supreme Commander 2..

Before Obsidian can create an patch to the game, Square Enix has to order it, then they get a limited time.

If Square Enix dont have interest in the game anymore, just an SC2 - the game just dies. :huh:

Fable not the same as DSIII. We don't really how hard it would be in the end. Granted the change from a shared camera is big but you could still improve the camera in different ways.

Still going to go with "In the next iteration of the game" for any sort of Camera fix. If it were simple (And cost effective); it would have been done already.

The save for the client on your friends computer is because when you drop in you are playing one of the 3 companions to their main companion. When you leave their game they still have your character in their game fighting along side the but only controlled by the AI instead of a human being. So they won't be getting rid of that feature.

As for disproportionate item drops. That is untrue. Everything that is dropped goes into the group inventory. So if your friend who is playing DS3 as say Anjali and you are playing as Lucas, if your friend picks up a sword meant for Lucas, you still have access to it from the item equip screen or the item menu. There is no disproportionate item drop.

As for the shared camera. That is annoying as hell because if you are trying to dodge around the screen and avoid being killed but someone is playing a melee character and in the thick of it you get pulled to them automatically and either end up taking lots of damage or dying.

I hope they fix the camera issue. The other two issues won't be fixed because they aren't needed to be fixed.

Yerah the other tw issues DO really need to be fixed. none of these issues will be fixed though. The game is what it is and it isn't going to change anymore.

+1 on shared camera too. It works in local but in online its pretty bad.

Looking at the game I actually think it would have been better to cut the half baked online mode. As a couch co-op game its tons of fun. In online there are a lot of annoyances. Its still fun if you can co-ordinate each other otherwise it gets reallly annoying.

OMG! Hater!

Still going to go with "In the next iteration of the game" for any sort of Camera fix. If it were simple (And cost effective); it would have been done already.

There will be no Dungeon Siege 4.

Point. Missing it.

The point is that you are dropping in on THEIR game. Meaning you are dropping in and taking the place of their companion character. As such you do NOT get to have the save on your machine because you aren't importing your own character into their game.

That is the point and why it won't and does not need to be fixed. Why would you want to have a save of a companion character on your console that cannot be used? It makes no sense.

Also as I stated there is NO disproportionate item drops. All drops are the same. All money goes into a group wallet, bank, whatever it's referred to. All items go into a group backpack. There is NO disproportionate item drops I state again.

So you are missing the point of my first two explanations. Seriously if you cannot grasp the concept that YOU are dropping in on someone else's game then you really need to wake up and figure it out. That is why there is no save state on your machine.

Also if you cannot grasp the concept about all loot going into one bag, all money go into one place again you need to wake up and figure it out. There is no issue of loot drops because it all goes into one place.

As for dungeon siege 4, we don't know if there will be another one or not. Not until Square Enix or Obsidian say other wise.

The answer is persistent character saves like every other ARPG (diablo - like) on the market. A character save that can be used for single or multi player ... you know one of the major complaints of things lacking in this game. I think it is YOU who doesn't really understand and just wants to be contrarian for the sake of it.

There ARE disproportionate item drops because almost everything is geared towards the host ... most testing has shown about 75% geared towards the host's character archetype. So if the host is playing Lucas, then more stuff drops for Lucas. Again it is YOU who lacks understanding. Plenty of members on this forum besides myself have come to this conclusion.

Edited by MonkeyLungs

Indeed ML! heather legane: Yeah gold goes to group "bank". That's okay. But since when was gold=gear?

Yeah all items go to the same inventory: except that Luke's stuff can't be used by anjali, and if luke is the host, then there is a higher percentage of good luke items dropping than good anjali items. Then no matter of the shared inventory, Anjali can't use all those cool and awesome luke items, coz she is... well, anjali and not luke.

Get it?