MultiPlayer Healing?

So my wife and I are trying to enjoy a very very different Dungeon Siege than we are used to. My question is:

I am playing as Lucas and she is playing as Katarina. I am the host and she joins.

I am able to heal using Graceful Repose which states that it heals the entire party. Katarina never heals on her own.

Are we doing something wrong? Katarina has her own passive heal ability, but it never invokes.

Thanks for the help

To use the healing power you need to trigger it. If on a PS3 or Xbox 360 you need to use the left trigger located underneath the left bumper button.

Once using that you need to press the x or square button depending on the system to activate the healing power.

If on a PC I suggest consulting the PC manual to figure it out.

To activate the group healing power first you need to master a certain characters healing power. This is done by using it 150 times in game. Once mastered, you can activate the group effect but it can only be activated by doing it in a certain way. On the 360 it's hold down left trigger, hold down right trigger, then press x button

On PC it's probably different.

Oh your wife can activate her own healing power while playing Katarina the same way you do in the game.

Hope this helps.

To use the healing power you need to trigger it. If on a PS3 or Xbox 360 you need to use the left trigger located underneath the left bumper button.

Once using that you need to press the x or square button depending on the system to activate the healing power.

If on a PC I suggest consulting the PC manual to figure it out.

To activate the group healing power first you need to master a certain characters healing power. This is done by using it 150 times in game. Once mastered, you can activate the group effect but it can only be activated by doing it in a certain way. On the 360 it's hold down left trigger, hold down right trigger, then press x button

On PC it's probably different.

Oh your wife can activate her own healing power while playing Katarina the same way you do in the game.

Hope this helps.

She can activate hers, but on Graceful Repose it says "The Benefits of Graceful Repose are applied to the party when the ability is empowered". It most definitely does not.

Nor is there any mention on getting to a certain mastery level to invoke party healing, it says this from the start.

Yes PC user here, forgot to mention that, sorry.

Edited by Docmhz

It says "when the ability is empowered". That means the normal version of Graceful Repose only heals you - the empowered version of Graceful Repose heals everyone.

Empowered abilites are only available when you have mastered that ability. You master an ability by using it a lot. You can check how far away you are from mastery through a long horizontal progress bar below the ability name, in the ability screen. You use Power, not Focus, to use empowered abilities (check the keybinding screens for how to use them).

If you are early in the game, don't worry for now, or just frequently use Graceful Repose - when you unlock your first empowered ability, the in-game floating tool tips will tell you this has happened and how to use it.

The same goes for every single ability in the game - once mastered, the empowered version does something different and more effective. This info is also found in ESC -> Help.

It says "when the ability is empowered". That means the normal version of Graceful Repose only heals you - the empowered version of Graceful Repose heals everyone.

Empowered abilites are only available when you have mastered that ability. You master an ability by using it a lot. You can check how far away you are from mastery through a long horizontal progress bar below the ability name, in the ability screen. You use Power, not Focus, to use empowered abilities (check the keybinding screens for how to use them).

If you are early in the game, don't worry for now, or just frequently use Graceful Repose - when you unlock your first empowered ability, the in-game floating tool tips will tell you this has happened and how to use it.

The same goes for every single ability in the game - once mastered, the empowered version does something different and more effective. This info is also found in ESC -> Help.

That makes more sense, some very poor wording in my opinion, but I understand now.

Thanks