New Game+?

I'm wondering if Obsidian has any intent for DLC that adds a new game+ feature?

I found the game most enjoyable, the combat system and scenery were absolutely de-lightful. But, when finally beating the game only to find out I couldn't use my main character to tackle the hardcore difficulty, it was a huge letdown. When selecting games to buy I always consider it's replay value, and without a new game+ that really killed it for me. It's my own fault really, I could have easily came to these forums or googled to see if that option was available. I automatically assumed DS3 would have that feature in place considering the type of game it is.

I found the game most enjoyable, the combat system and scenery were absolutely de-lightful. But, when finally beating the game only to find out I couldn't use my main character to tackle the hardcore difficulty, it was a huge letdown. When selecting games to buy I always consider it's replay value, and without a new game+ that really killed it for me. It's my own fault really, I could have easily came to these forums or googled to see if that option was available. I automatically assumed DS3 would have that feature in place considering the type of game it is.

You are not alone. I also was surprised when I found no NG+ options after beating the game. IMO it's an industry standard for RPGs now, has been since ChronoTrigger IMO.

It's probably the second most requested addition to the game. The first being new camera angles and zooms.

You are not alone. I also was surprised when I found no NG+ options after beating the game. IMO it's an industry standard for RPGs now, has been since ChronoTrigger IMO.

It's probably the second most requested addition to the game. The first being new camera angles and zooms.

New Game+ is not a standard feature in the genre. At all.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

For Action RPG's it is a standard feature and every game that doesn't support said feature is SUB-standard.

This just in: Bloodlines, Witcher, Witcher 2, Torchlight, Risen, Gothic 2, Morrowind, Divine Divinity, and Divinity 2 are all SUB-standard games.

SUB-standard!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This just in: Bloodlines, Witcher, Witcher 2, Torchlight, Risen, Gothic 2, Morrowind, Divine Divinity, and Divinity 2 are all SUB-standard games.

SUB-standard!

I need to remove such sub-standard games from harddrive immediately!

Hate the living, love the dead.

Look, I don't know about the sub-standard argument in this thread, BUT you missed the part where I said... "IMO (in my opinion)" twice to reaffirm that it is in fact... my opinion that it is a standard feature.

In defense... morrowind was hardly what you would call an ARPG. You could play for an hour easily between any combat at all. The problem is that people have different definitions of ARPG and what constitutes the standard. I'd put Diablo 1,2, Titan's Quest IT, Dungeon Siege 1&2 and Sacred 1 and 2 up as standards... even Borderlands. These all allow play after completion of the game. So it's not a requirement, but it is a common feature in the genre. I don't see DS3 as needing it... there's not enough character developement or item hunting to make replay have much value.

SUB-standard!

Meh... Those are all good games, but none of them are couch co-op ARPGs like DS3. =P

SUB-standard!

The only title in your list I would put int the same category as DS3 is Torchlight. Torchlight doesn't have Newgame+ but it does have the ability toretire characters and heirloom an item. It also doesn't need Newgame+ for your current character because it has a procedurally generated Shadow Vault for endless dungeon delving.

If you call everything that isn't turn based an ARPG then how about I choose a new name like Diablo-type-action-rpg-looting-level up game.

• 2 weeks later...

Demon's Souls has a New Game+ and also an Action RPG.