in everyones best interest

trueRPGfan

ill be blunt, fallout 3 was great... new vegas was lacking in several ways. (open ending?) just one example. obsidian needs to gtfo of Bethesda's way and let them do what they do best, make rpg's. to everyone at obsidian, sorry but dungeon crawlers just aren't good enough to qualify you to play with the big boys in the rpg community.

thank you

sam

First of all, I understand that, for whatever reasons, you dislike the game. Okay.

I just want to clarify that they've already explained many times why they don't let you play after the main quest is over. I personally don't understand why this is such a big deal.

As for Obsidian needing to "gtfo Bethesda's way", I think you should know that it's Bethesda who contracted Obsidian to make New Vegas for them. That basically means Bethesda chose to have Obsidian "in their way".

Edited by taviow

First of all, I understand that, for whatever reasons, you dislike the game. Okay.

I just want to clarify that they've already explained many times why they don't let you play after the main quest is over. I personally don't understand why this is such a big deal.

As for Obsidian needing to "gtfo Bethesda's way", I think you should know that it's Bethesda who contracted Obsidian to make New Vegas for them. That basically means Bethesda chose to have Obsidian "in their way".

1) said it was lacking, it turned out to be an ok game after they patched the major holes. the open ending was one thing it even said in op

2) from what I found Bethesda most definitively did not go find obsidian ( why would a company as good at rpgs as bethesda go find a the guys that make second rate dungeon crawlers to help them?)

2) from what I found Bethesda most definitively did not go find obsidian ( why would a company as good at rpgs as bethesda go find a the guys that make second rate dungeon crawlers to help them?)

It's such an impressive rant, it's almost a shame to throw facts in the way of it... Hines said Bethesda approached Obsidian to work on the title. "We've really been enjoying working with [Obsidian] on it," he said, adding, "That is all we're going to say about it right now."

Since this isn't really going to lead to any constructive criticism, I'm locking it, as experience has show little useful debate follows from such premisses.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein