this game is crap dungeon siege 3 is crap

Even on Amazon the console versions of DS3 are averaging 3/5.

Yeah, they slipped since I originally looked.

HOWEVER:

The ratings on consoles are 2 stars higher than they are on PC, yes? Same game, yes? I may have had a point, yes?

We argue too much on this forum.

Reviews typically reflect the bias of the reviewer more than the actual game itself. Reading reviews as gospel is foolhardy. The fact is that DSIII was nothing like the players expected, and initial reviews carry this as a negative. It is a different game than what DS1 and DS2 would have you expect. People are Jonesing for a game like Diablo 2, Sacred 2, Dungeon Seige... and they didn't get it in DS3. That's why it gets bad reviews.... it's being compared with people's expectations rather than on it's own merit.

THANK YOU!!! :huh:

Even on Amazon the console versions of DS3 are averaging 3/5.

Yeah, they slipped since I originally looked.

HOWEVER:

The ratings on consoles are 2 stars higher than they are on PC, yes? Same game, yes? I may have had a point, yes?

We argue too much on this forum.

No, not really. You are talking about a few user ratings on a single website...that's not the reviews people are referring too. Dungeon Siege III reviewed pretty similarly across the board across all platforms (negative and good reviews alike).

Edited by Renevent

I disagree wholeheartedly with your thoughts, TC.

Honestly, I find Dungeon Siege III to be a challenging and worthwhile role-playing game of the isometric dungeon crawler variety.

I keep hearing so much negativity, yet I can't really understand most of it. Sure, there are legitimate complaints, no doubt; however, I do find it quite peculiar when someone goes as far as saying it's "crap" or whatever; there's legitimate gripes, then there's hyperbole.

Edited by Libertarian

No, not really. You are talking about a few user ratings on a single website...that's not the reviews people are referring too. Dungeon Siege III reviewed pretty similarly across the board across all platforms (negative and good reviews alike).

You're wrong. Have fun with that.

Remember me saying people argue too much on this forum? Yeah. :lol:

You're wrong. Have fun with that.

Remember me saying people argue too much on this forum? Yeah. ;)

Keep telling yourself that...I already proven you wrong. 20 user reviews on Amazon isn't the bad reviews people were referring to in the first place and it isn't a indication of any huge bias of PC gamers like you want to pretend. Dozens of reviews aggregated across the board prove this without a doubt. There's a very slight deviation but nothing anywhere near to the 1/5 and 4/5 gap you were trying to make out as a norm.

Dungeon Siege 3 got mixed reviews (user and professional) across the board...deal with it.

To hammer the point home here's more:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dungeon-sie...ult%3Btitle%3B0

out of 600+ users review on PC: 5.8

out of 18 professional reviews on PC: 7.2

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/dungeo...ry%3Buser-score

out of 200+ 360 user reviews on 360: 7.0

out of 39 professional reviews on 360: 7.2

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/dungeon-siege-3/index.html

out of 140+ user reviews on PS3: 6.6

out of 32 professional reviews on PS3: 7.2

It's a one point spread in user reviews and practically identical for professional reviews. Sorry, there's no PC gamer conspiracy bringing the game down. Bottom line is a handful of user reviews on Amazon is the worst place you could go for a good indication of a video games reception by the gaming community at large and it wasn't the bad reviews people were referring to anyways. Dungeon Siege III has the same mixed reaction regardless of the system as a whole.

Anyways that's all I will say on the subject...if you want to go on believing there is some huge bias against DS3 (mostly 1/5 reviews) on the PC and on the consoles it's getting mostly 4/5 reviews even in the face of overwhelming evidence...hey...have at it man. You win in your own mind I guess lol.

Edited by Renevent

It's a really streamlined game. The online MP is a copy of the couch co-op experience ... lazy. The game is short and short on quests and sidequests. The game features corridor maps that feel cramped. The game is a massive departure from previous Dungeon Siege titles. Some people think the double dragon combat makes up for all of this, some don't.