What was the FULL story of the Black Hound?

Cutlock

Now I know some of you might make fun of me or get mad at me for posting this, but I have searched far too hard and have come up with barely anything. I want to know the full story of Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound, not the factions getting mad at you. I want to know who the main antagonist, all the factions and the endings.

This is all I've garnered up and some of it may not even be correct, probably will not be correct: May Farrow and her gang of raiders have spent weeks tracking down the black hound, the essence of May's guilt for unleashing a great evil. The player character is resting by the firelight in an old barn to hide from the storm outside when a black hound arrives and after being shot twice by an arrow, it cries one last time before it dies on the player lap. May almost kills the player, accusing him of being in league with the dog (meaning she thinks your another essence of her guilt) and almost kills you before the Riders of Archendale save you. They question you, take you to the magistrate, who question you further and inform you not to leave the areas of North Sembia, Archendale, Battledale and Deepingdale. Whenever the player then approaches somebody with great guilt, the black hound appears to him and eventually the players actions make the player the essence of guilt throughout the four areas mentioned above. As the player unravels more secrets, he learns that he cant kill guilt, thus he cannot kill the black hound or what he has become (the player can physically die, but people wont forget about the player did). Eventually he learns the tale of a widowed farmer's wife, taking great guilt in her husbands death as for some reason she believes its her fault, she tries to resurrect him. She succeeds but finds him to be an abomination and cannot stop him, despite him being very weak at the time. Through the course of the game, the farmer is growing stronger and stronger of the guilt absorbed by the black hound through the player. The player learns of this wife being May Farrow, who believes killing the hound would be a way to stop the farmer, the hound however latched its soul onto the player and uses him as a guilt tunnel.

Then, depending on the player's actions, much like Mass Effect, the story of the sequel would have been shaped.

So who is the main bad guy: The Farmer or May Farrow?

Is this part of the story right?

What happens at the end?

Now I know some of you might make fun of me or get mad at me for posting this, but I have searched far too hard and have come up with barely anything. I want to know the full story of Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound, not the factions getting mad at you. I want to know who the main antagonist, all the factions and the endings.

This is all I've garnered up and some of it may not even be correct, probably will not be correct: May Farrow and her gang of raiders have spent weeks tracking down the black hound, the essence of May's guilt for unleashing a great evil. The player character is resting by the firelight in an old barn to hide from the storm outside when a black hound arrives and after being shot twice by an arrow, it cries one last time before it dies on the player lap. May almost kills the player, accusing him of being in league with the dog (meaning she thinks your another essence of her guilt) and almost kills you before the Riders of Archendale save you. They question you, take you to the magistrate, who question you further and inform you not to leave the areas of North Sembia, Archendale, Battledale and Deepingdale. Whenever the player then approaches somebody with great guilt, the black hound appears to him and eventually the players actions make the player the essence of guilt throughout the four areas mentioned above. As the player unravels more secrets, he learns that he cant kill guilt, thus he cannot kill the black hound or what he has become (the player can physically die, but people wont forget about the player did). Eventually he learns the tale of a widowed farmer's wife, taking great guilt in her husbands death as for some reason she believes its her fault, she tries to resurrect him. She succeeds but finds him to be an abomination and cannot stop him, despite him being very weak at the time. Through the course of the game, the farmer is growing stronger and stronger of the guilt absorbed by the black hound through the player. The player learns of this wife being May Farrow, who believes killing the hound would be a way to stop the farmer, the hound however latched its soul onto the player and uses him as a guilt tunnel.

Then, depending on the player's actions, much like Mass Effect, the story of the sequel would have been shaped.

So who is the main bad guy: The Farmer or May Farrow?

Is this part of the story right?

What happens at the end?

That actually sounds pretty interesting. It reminds a bit of Mask of the Betrayer.

The basics are correct, the specifics a little mixed/muddled -- not that they're important at this stage. But yes, the black hound was a hound of ill-omen (in the lowercase sense) and reminder of guilt. Its physical death at the opening of the story was when its spirit latched onto your character, using him or her as a guide through the world.

WOW! I did not expect J.E. Sawyer to comment on this thread. I thought there would just be people like on my other threads.

WOW! I cant believe the basics of that are right!

So I guess that is the plot then, as Mr. Sawyer said, the specifics do not matter at this point.

So then fans, we are left with one question: Who is the bad guy? May Farrow, the Farmer or the player themselves?

I would have it be the Farmer.

Relating to Baldur's Gate, on my own Dark Alliance remake, I have finished the city of Baldur's Gate and the Elfsong Tavern.