DLC or expansions

I'm glad it's an actual story-esque DLC, rather than just an item pack DLC. I'll definitely be picking it up now.

So does this mean Square Enix is happy enough with the sales of DS3 if they gave the green light for a DLC? :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm glad it's an actual story-esque DLC, rather than just an item pack DLC. I'll definitely be picking it up now.

I feel like an item DLC for that game would have been destroying any reputation you had for no good results. The loot is not good in that game and weapons lack personality. That's not the kind of game you do an item pack for!

Hooray!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The greatest treasure of the Azunite Faith? Wait, could it be... THE SHIELD?!

Now that I think of it, actually, in Broken World the main character no longer had the shield with him/her right? I wonder what happened to it. It's pretty useless anyway without the Agallan pillars.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Now that I think of it, actually, in Broken World the main character no longer had the shield with him/her right? I wonder what happened to it. It's pretty useless anyway without the Agallan pillars.

However it HAS Drevin's medallion crafted into it, and it was last seen in Zaramoth's Horns, so it seems unlikely to be found in Ehb.

BTW what the hell was that creator god anyway? I don't remember no creator god from ds1-2.

Guest RytGansta

However it HAS Drevin's medallion crafted into it, and it was last seen in Zaramoth's Horns, so it seems unlikely to be found in Ehb.

BTW what the hell was that creator god anyway? I don't remember no creator god from ds1-2.

Before the battle with Valdis at the end of DS2 begins, the Azunite Scholar reveals himself to be the Overmage of the Cinbri and how he used both the PC and Valdis to get the Shield. When the sword of Zaramoth breaks after hitting the Shield and therefore starting the Third Age, the Overmage grabs the Shield and disappears, leaving the PC to fight Valdis. In the end sequence, it is revealed that the Sword is still 'alive', meaning its true power was unlocked due to the souls of the Uthgard giants having been awakened.

Later in Broken World, we see that the Overmage is in possession of the hilt and half the blade of the Sword in a staff-like fashion, yet neither the Shield or the rest of the blade is seen. By the end, whan he becomes Zaramoth Reborn, wielding both the broken Sword and a Glaive (which must have been the other half of the blade that, together with its other half, were reforged by the Glorydeep dwarves he had imprisoned as stated by Yoren-Celeb'hel banter) and even after defeating him and speaking to Kirani, THE SHIELD IS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN.

That's why I thought 'the greatest treasure of the Azunite Faith = the Shield of Azunai the Defender'. Somehow it all fits just right...

As for the Creator God, they always existed in DS mythology, but they were thought dead a long time ago. The purpose of the Creator God was to introduce a new world-threatening force of destruction, considering that...

- The Seck and their Demigod King Gom = The bulk of the Seck died during the Battle for Aranna on the Plain of Tears. Gom's forces survived because they were at Ehb at the time, but were later wiped out by the Farmer and the Heroes.

- Shard Souls = They were all freed when the Second Age ended and the Third began.

- The Shadowjumper = Killed in LoA. Surprisingly, we never saw the Utraeans ever again...

- Valdis = Killed.

- The Morden = Mostly killed and the rest died out due to the Sword of Zaramoth's shattering and its consequent magical disruption and the Morden Ravagers also died out when the Vial of the Overmage's Blood was depleted.

- The Cinbri Dark Wizards/Cinbri Archmage/Overmage of the Cinbri-Zaramoth Reborn = All killed by 'Azunai Reborn' and his/her companions.

- As for Throne of Agony, I cannot provide any information since I couldn't play it, which I deeply regret (I sometimes have the urge, but a PSP isn't exactly 'affordable' where I live).

On a completely unrelated side note, I see what Bartholomew did there with the 'repeating rifle prototype'. One of these days the Third Age (or maybe the Fourth, idk) will see the birth of modern warfare.

I'd better take my nerd hat off...

Edited by RytGansta

The purpose of the Creator God was to introduce a new world-threatening force of destruction, considering that...

I wouldn't say that. I'm not an expert in DS1+2 but DSIII pretty strongly hints in other directions and does not (just) portray them as doombringers.

Edit: Or I may just get that sentence wrong. If so, forget it. :) Nice write-up anyway. :)

Edited by C2B

Guest RytGansta
The purpose of the Creator God was to introduce a new world-threatening force of destruction, considering that...

I wouldn't say that. I'm not an expert in DS1+2 but DSIII pretty strongly hints in other directions and does not (just) portray them as doombringers.

Edit: Or I may just get that sentence wrong. If so, forget it. :) Nice write-up anyway. :)

Thank you and my apologies, I forgot to add that this Creator God in particular (the last of his kind or perhaps a product of Jeyne's desire for revenge using the tree in the Rukkenvahl) should be looked at as a doombringer considering the fact that Jeyne corrupted him, the revided Archons and the revived Daevas.

In any case, the Shield should be at the other side of the world somewhere. If it somehow ended up in Ehb, there should be quite the explanation for it.

Or maybe it will soon enough. The Shield could be anywhere and the Overmage never hinted or implied anything. And who said it has stayed in the same place for the last 150 years?

Edit: 100 years. There's a 50-year difference between DS1 and DS2.

Edited by RytGansta

Guest RytGansta
Edit: 100 years. There's a 50-year difference between DS1 and DS2.

~100 years between DS1 and DS2. So ~50 between DS2 and DS3.

Jeyne was born 2 years after DS2

You are so right I feel like head-desking like there's no tomorrow. I was thinking ABOUT DS1 INSTEAD OF DS2. Mostly sorry for this slip-up. Although this means that the Battle for Aranna took place in 243 PF (The DS2 intro states that 'a thousand years years ago, when Aranna was young but not innocent, the First Age of Man came to an end by the meeting of the Sword... and the Shield'). Anyone know what PF stands for by any chance?

From the Kingdom of Ehb timeline posted in the DS3 official website...

1144 PF: Dungeon Siege I - The Seck Resurgence. The evil Seck are accidentally released from the Chamber of Stars, and they raise an army of beasts to wreak vengeance upon the 10th Legion and the people of Ehb. But a red-haired farm-girl gathers a band of heroes to oppose them. She confronts the demigod-king of the Seck and slays him, ending the war and saving the kingdom.

1243 PF: Dungeon Siege II. The Second Cataclysm devastates the eastern half of the continent. Greilyn Isle sinks beneath the sea, and the coast of Ehb is struck by a massive tsunami. Lescanzi travelers report widespread chaos in the east. In the decade that follows, Ehb's borders are assailed by brigands and marauders, but the Legion stands firm, and the kingdom remains intact.

1245 PF: Birth of Jeyne Kassynder. For the early years of her life, Jeyne is a ward of the Azunite Church - a common story for many orphans of unknown parentage. She is raised at a Church school in the eastern city of Bisselberg, the traditional seat of the faith. By all accounts, she excels in her studies and is possessed of certain "divine gifts," though Church records provide no additional details.

1294 PF: Present day. The Venerable Odo - rumored to be the last survivor of the old Legion - calls a gathering of Legion descendants in the north, in an effort to rebuild the Legion and take back the kingdom of Ehb...

So yes, the Shield could have changed its location in the last 50 years.

Guest RytGansta

Three posts ago I forgot to mention the Familiar Surgeons and the Bound, who were all wiped out by the Mercenary and his/her companions (Broken World).