DLC or expansions

The DLC also adds in various new abilities and raises the level cap from 30 to 35. There'll be new monsters to fight and items to pick up, and a new Enchanting system that lets players enhance their weapons and armour.

Very cool.

As an aside, on the eurogamer link, there is an advertisement for DSIII offering the physical copy for one price and the downloaded copy for less. I dont know which country the ad comes from but is that a common practice in Europe?

Good news! I hope we will get to learn more soon!

How do you play it if you already finished the game?

The way it sounds, we will take the Causeway to that new place. It's far enough from the regions seen in the original game to imagine that we can't see the various consequences of our choices, so I see no reason why it couldn't be set right after the game has ended.

Treasures of the Sun seems pretty hefty for the price. A new area, higher level cap *and* rebuild capability? I will so buy this. More DS3 is definitely good. :)

I hope the new abilities will be for the existing characters and not the abilities of a new character.

As an aside, on the eurogamer link, there is an advertisement for DSIII offering the physical copy for one price and the downloaded copy for less. I dont know which country the ad comes from but is that a common practice in Europe?

They're different companies, so that explains that. I think one of those only sells the activation code for Steam.

I very much doubt the abilities are for a new character, otherwise the bullet point would have been something like:

* A WHOLE NEW CHARACTER: GROMNIR, THE SCHIZOPHRENIC ORC-BARD, WHO SWITCHES BETWEEN AN AGGRESSIVE ARGUMENTATIVE STANCE, AND A MORE THOUGHTFUL SARCASTIC STANCE, WITH A WHOLE NEW SET OF ABILITIES AND ITEMS.

How do you play it if you already finished the game?

The way it sounds, we will take the Causeway to that new place. It's far enough from the regions seen in the original game to imagine that we can't see the various consequences of our choices, so I see no reason why it couldn't be set right after the game has ended.

But the last save is just before the last boss fight, how do you take the causeway from there? Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

But the last save is just before the last boss fight, how do you take the causeway from there?

"Endgame autosave" is in the Causeway, actually. The final autosave is marked "East Forest". It could work if someone isn't the type to delete saves as they go.

But the last save is just before the last boss fight, how do you take the causeway from there?

"Endgame autosave" is in the Causeway, actually. The final autosave is marked "East Forest". It could work if someone isn't the type to delete saves as they go.

Good point, may be that's why they did it that way.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan