Prototype Rifle

clwinters

Question

How do you get the prototype rifle? I have gotten the blue crystals destroyed except for the one where the rifle is supposed to be. How do you destroy the last crystal? Got the cannon to destroy all the others but it doesn't touch this last one. What's the secret?

8 answers to this question

How do you get the prototype rifle? I have gotten the blue crystals destroyed except for the one where the rifle is supposed to be. How do you destroy the last crystal? Got the cannon to destroy all the others but it doesn't touch this last one. What's the secret?

I beat on it for 15 minutes and it didn't budge.

You sure you're hitting the right crystal cluster? Where the rifle is located, I believe there's also a cluster of crystals right in the corner that can't be broken. The crystal you need to break is to the left of that unbreakable cluster.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You sure you're hitting the right crystal cluster? Where the rifle is located, I believe there's also a cluster of crystals right in the corner that can't be broken. The crystal you need to break is to the left of that unbreakable cluster.

If you use the letter "R" it gives you the direction and has an arrow pointing at the cluster that I've been beating on for an hour. I can't budge the thing.

It should smash in one go, though as GhostofAnakin says, the ones right next to it can't be. And when you do smash it, the rifle is simply on the ground to pick up. Can you maybe take a screenshot of what you're swinging at? Use FRAPS or just PrntScrn then paste onto Paint or something.

It should smash in one go, though as GhostofAnakin says, the ones right next to it can't be. And when you do smash it, the rifle is simply on the ground to pick up. Can you maybe take a screenshot of what you're swinging at? Use FRAPS or just PrntScrn then paste onto Paint or something.

Here is a jpg of the area I'm in

post-32916-1310864629_thumb.jpg

Edited by clwinters

Odd, certainly seems to be that one. There's a chance that whatever cheat/trainer you're using is screwing with the game, but that would be a weird sort of bug for the cheat to cause. Can you remember if Katarina has said anything about getting out of there? When you do pick up the rifle, your companion makes an appropriate comment - i.e. let's get out of here now we've got what we wanted.

I assume you've already tried reloading.