I want to work for Obsidian Entertainment

Prosper

I pioneered the first proof of concept for Fallout 3 Multiplayer. (http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_Fanmade_Multiplayer) - some info on wikia is out of date.

I have done a tiny bit of assembly language programming. NASM/MASM.

I am most familiar with C/C++, but have experienced with managed languages. Python , C#.

I have done a fair share of hacking single player and online games. Not for destructive ends, but just to goof on people.

I have had many revisions to my multiplayer project for Fallout 3. However I have since given up on that project. But I urge anyone interested in a continuous development of multiplayer for Fallout 3 and New Vegas to look around. THERE IS A SITE, but the developers aren't me.

In the realm of Reverse Engineering of Software we use Debuggers and/or Decompilers. The discussion of which is not illegal, as these tools are valuable in many more areas of software development than cracking. But more to the point I want to make, you will have to deal with Assembly Language. The line by line instructions that have everything to do with how the software works. Knowledge of both Assembly and RE can lead to some interesting results when applied to select applications. I am not advocating anyone break the license agreement of the software they purchased. It is quite handy and educational if your target is your own software too.

So a serious game hacker would learn about RE and Assembly Language . Although it is not completely necessary. The secondary point for picking C/C++ was so I could do neat patches/hacks to games. Beyond simple memory edits or trainers, you can hook functions of the game and call them at your own freedom. Some functions have the responsibility of initializing major interfaces. You could detour and return your own pointer to your own interface, or modify the interface to be slightly different and so on.

Cool stuff. But can be difficult. In one project I wanted to create a TV Screen that could payback a chosen movie. But this would be impossible to even demonstrate with a game like Fallout 3. For regular modding, one could add a texture flipper to a 3D Object, but it is much more difficult than you think and wasteful. You also couldn't easily play a different movie .

It all boiled down to getting a pointer to the game's graphic device. With a detour to a few of its functions like , EndScene, BeginScene, DrawIndexedPrimitive, one can easily setup additional code to change the drawing process.

This gets maybe to technical. But DIP is called more than once per frame. You can deduce from the details of what it will draw; like Vertex Count, Primitive Count, and Stride what sort of mesh it is drawing. Stride is the common identification a meshe's function. The Stride for Movable Statics and simple Statics will be different. But whatever stride you have, you go by the Vert Count and Primitive count in addition. In 3D Editors you can find out info such as Primitive Count and Vert count, so if it is a mesh you made, you rarely have to look further for that info.

Right, we can find a specific mesh. Now you just set its texture each frame so that it changes as the movie would change frames. This produces the effect of a movie playing, but in place of the default texture of your object. Sadly I don't have the videos I have made demonstrating it.

Whatever it was cool. Fallout 3 had no such thing. Especially a way to just change a path to point to any AVI which would then be the movie that is played on your object in your game.

That will have to be it for projects and programming. I can say a lot more, but this isn't even an interview yet.

ART

I make my own 3D models, I can do custom rigs (for New Vegas and Fallout 3, which is a rare skill in the Bethesda modding community), textures, animations, and adjustments with Nifskope + Setting up the creature or weapon in GECK. But I have rendered out my 3D critters to 2D and subsequently imported them into some Fallout game.

e.g.

Fallout 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKwkhmbyC_Y (there is one other demoing without the gun animationS)

I am not sure if it is still a working link, but go to NMA and you can find my FOT Tile pack. Although I have made tons more than what is shown in that pack. Including a few vehicles and plants.

http://nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?act...mp;file_id=1285

Check my youtube if you want to see all that and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/BLUEEYESSEVEN?feature=mhee

optional further investigation

Interplay's Project V13 Gen Discussion or Concept Art subforum. (most are hand drawn works, not production models)

Edited by Prosper

redacted

You'd probably like SPU coding.

cool. can you link my greatest pieces? i also think about user interface design a lot. i miss my days wherei would try to edit the INTRFACE.frm and others of Fallout 2. it is hard because i can only change the artistic design not the actual locations and functions. man i miss fallout. i would be happy enough to just juggle my items in a room and inventory screen. that WOULD BE FALLOUTY enough, and new. i think i will record a video talking about my old old pr ojects for fallout. ones most people don't know about.

redacted

You'd probably like SPU coding.

cool. can you link my greatest pieces? i also think about user interface design a lot. i miss my days wherei would try to edit the INTRFACE.frm and others of Fallout 2. it is hard because i can only change the artistic design not the actual locations and functions. man i miss fallout. i would be happy enough to just juggle my items in a room and inventory screen. that WOULD BE FALLOUTY enough, and new. i think i will record a video talking about my old old pr ojects for fallout. ones most people don't know about.

Now you're making less sense.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

He makes as perfectly sense as prosper can.

Well, I don't think he's game dev material myself, too much of a tinkerer to be a builder.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!