If you are stuck-tip from someone enjoying this game greatly!

OK been playing a while and reading complaints and hate and just plain pleas for help from people that are stuck.

My first try I kind of "beelined" as fast as I could moving along and got to the Dapper Old Gent and got my butt handed to me time after time. Read the tips on how to do it but no luck. Then I remember what I find myself telling newbies in various online games that I play/have played- sometimes you may get a mission/quest you are not ready for and you need to "train up for it". Figured that was the same going on for me in DS3 so Instead of trying in vain to kill the Gent with my lvl 15 char I went back a bunch of saves to lvl 7 and then made sure I did each and every mission/quest I could BEFORE i went after the gent.

Between getting to lvl 25 and all the cool equipment I got I killed him first try. So that's my tip- not a game for the "short attention span theater" types and if you are stuck you have probably missed a bunch of "growth" opportunities and should step back a bit . I'm enjoying the game immensely and the camera stuff people complain about just doesn't seem to bother me. I think the story line is great and my only complaint is the actress' voice for Katrina. She sounds like freaking Zsa Zsa Gabor! Not the accent I'm complaining about- its the robotic speaking. The other chars and NPC's are much better and believable.

Hope this helps someone. Enjoy

It's really a shame you can't pick your character's gender, look and class. Like Lucas with firearms. What happens with this system is that you just can't play certain characters.

I tried to play female characters, but it's total immersion breaker.

Don't developers realize that most gamers are male?

Don't developers realize that most gamers are male?

This is completly irrelevant. There are still a lot of female gamers that HAVE to play a male persona in most games. Do you think its always easy for them? :)

There are 2 male options and 2 female options. So, its pretty even.

Edited by C2B

I always found it weird. I mean, OK, people say they want to play their own gender, fair enough. But as a guy, I don't exactly identify in any way with 90% of the male protagonists I control. I mean, an Asian guy that plays Katarina, or an Asian guy that plays the Duke? Am I really going to have a difference in identification?

It's a different story if it's a game where you really develop your own 'voice' through C&C and customise the character's looks and identity considerably. In Diablo 2 I couldn't care less my sorceress was female, it's not like a male sorcerer would have been any less 'weird'.

But does Diablo 3 have a story based around those characters with proper backstory and everything?

No.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

ShadowSchyte Diablo has a very rich background story for the characters and enemies! In the game manual you can find everything you ever want to know about the Great War, Lesser Evils, Prime Evils, Archangels, classes with their "leaders"...and on top of that more then 50% of the items you can find in-game have their names as well. Bul-Katos dual sword set-> Bul-Katos was the leader of the Barbarians, Arkain Valor-> you can read his story in Diablo I when you first find the armor, Barthuc's Claw-> a great warrior who fought in the Great Wars if i remember correctly. Bottom line is that the information is there in-game and on paper, but if you are not a fan you will have no clue about this details. And the background story in Dungeon Siege III is pretty poor and forgettable...on top of that you are comparing Dungeon Siege III with some 2D game made 11 years ago, now this is poor. The thing is even after 11 years 200k+ people are still playing that game, while in a few months this game will be forgotten because it lacks game-play for an ARPG/Dungeon Crawler. Dungeon Siege III has a very nice Combat System but content zero and the map is just some corridors while Diablo has random generated maps. o.O after you finish every ACT you get to watch a Cinematic!

ShadowSchyte Diablo has a very rich background story for the characters and enemies! In the game manual you can find everything you ever want to know about the Great War, Lesser Evils, Prime Evils, Archangels, classes with their "leaders"...and on top of that more then 50% of the items you can find in-game have their names as well. Bul-Katos dual sword set-> Bul-Katos was the leader of the Barbarians, Arkain Valor-> you can read his story in Diablo I when you first find the armor, Barthuc's Claw-> a great warrior who fought in the Great Wars if i remember correctly. Bottom line is that the information is there in-game and on paper, but if you are not a fan you will have no clue about this details. And the background story in Dungeon Siege III is pretty poor and forgettable...on top of that you are comparing Dungeon Siege III with some 2D game made 11 years ago, now this is poor. The thing is even after 11 years 200k+ people are still playing that game, while in a few months this game will be forgotten because it lacks game-play for an ARPG/Dungeon Crawler. Dungeon Siege III has a very nice Combat System but content zero and the map is just some corridors while Diablo has random generated maps. o.O after you finish every ACT you get to watch a Cinematic!

Yes but the standards to which video games are made are much higher now. DSIII is a great game, I think the backstory is fine and the campaign was plenty long enough to be a full value game.

11 years ago, very glitchy buggy games were still praised depending on the features and stories because it didn't take a lot to impress back then. Games like Fallout 2 and Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall were fantastic in their own right and offered massive in game worlds with tons to do. We still want that, but if a game released today with as many bugs as those games nobody would buy them. Even Oblivion and the new Fallout games as buggy as they can be, aren't anything like the games back then.

DSIII is high quality with zero bugs and glitches, you don't often see that even these days. The fact is gamers now mostly want to play only the high end AAA titles like Skyrim. Dungeon Siege had its best stride a decade ago or however long ago it released, and its more difficult to bring new picky gamers into your worlds than it was back in the day when PC gaming was dominant and consoles were still fledgling.

Now Diablo I and II are the exception, not the rule. Samwise and Metzen have always had an amazing talent for writing fiction for their games, and they're both also killer artists. I remember opening and reading the Diablo I manual and being bewildered at the artwork and story to the game. But again, Blizzard always makes 10/10 games and has all of eternity to develop them, which no other developer has such a luxury.

Sorry but Diablo and all of Blizzards Franschises are not that well written at all. Theres usually a ****load of lore to it, but aside from the setting (which is admittingly pretty cool for games) its bog standard, boring stuff with virtually no depth to it. Not to mention copied from other sources. A lot. I enjoy it and its not really that "bad" either. But its not anywhere near something remarkable.

Edited by C2B