I finally played the game: thoughts on co-op ( I liked!!)

Hi, guys!

I want to write this to encourage you to play the game. I am having so much fun playing the whole game in online co-op with my brother. I?ve been skeptic about the co-op aspects of this game because of what people told here. Poeple are right in a lot of their comments. Co-op is not perfect, but it has some things other co-op games don?t have.

Before playing co-op: if you want to finish the game in co-op, play with someone that will only play if you are online, that way you will get the feeling that the co-op character you are playing is yours. If you enjoy the story and dialogues, find a partner that likes it too.

Things that went right with co-op:

Sharing - you share the gold and the inventory with your fellows, so anyone can pick anything from the ground, because it will end up showing in the same inventory. Also, the loot is exclusive to the characters, so when you see an item that belongs to Reinhart (as an example) it will show his portrait in the loot, so if any other character gets this loot, it will show directly on Reinharts part of the inventory. Everyone can sell everything that is not equipped in the merchants, even if the item belgons to another character. I loved that. Note: the loot actually changes the appearence of your character, but since there isn?t a bigger version of your character on the inventory (Obsidian mistake), maybe you won?t notice the changes in the beginning.

Abilities - Your abilities really help in co-op. Don?t let people fool you: this game was made for co-op. You can feel that when you play with friends. This game features a lot of nice abilities and powers to get. I really enjoyed it.

Dialogues - When the host strarts a conversation with important NPC?s the game will focus on it, so even the co-op partners will see what happens (similar to neverwinter nights), with the difference that players can select what answers they would rather the host chooses. So, in fact, everyone feel that are part of the story too.

Never stop action - you don?t depend on your friends to unpause the game and follow you, because the AI take over their characters everytime they enter the menu screen, similar to Left 4 Dead. Nice addition this one.

Local and online co-op mixed - Nice touch. You can play local and online at the same time, even with a guest logged.

Things that didn?t go right with co-op:

Camera - I?ve playing the whole game in 2 player co-op and the camera really got on our way sometimes, because everyone share the same screen. Camera rotation is exclusive from all players, but you will alll be tied to the same screen nonetheless. It is not so bad and it is perfectly playable, but it could be better. Also, you can?t zoom in to see how nice your character (and your friends?) are looking. Now, I imagine how chaotic would be playing co-op in 4 players. But I got passed of this issue and I am having a lot of fun, but it needs improvement.

Your Character is not yours - As I mentioned above, if you get to play all the time with the same people, this won?t be groundbraking at all, but if you don?t have some good friends, that will be an issue to you.

4 players offline co-op - Where is my 4 players local co-op?

General notes: the controls work like a charm with the xbox 360 controller.; this game is similar to how I imagine co-op could work in Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Overall, I think Obsidian did a great job implementing some features we are not so used to see in co-op games. I just wish they could change the camera. They need to fix this. But, in the end, I am glad I bought 2 copies (one for me and another for my brother), cause we are having a lot of fun.

Thank you! :ermm:

Great review bud. Glad you guys are having fun with it.

Hopefully they address the camera soon, its really the only thing keeping the co-op from being completely amazing.

Yeah. The camera really needs some fixing. I wish I cuold zoom in to see how my character looks in co-op