question about leveling up?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if enemies level up as ur character does? I'm pretty sure regular monsters don't, but do the bosses? I'm near the end and I'm trying to level up to the max and I'm wondering if its gonna make my last boss fight easier or harder?

It would seem like no for some and yes for others, but i'm not sure.

I know when you gain your first couple levels the mercenaries go from ouch to a joke. But that could also be the fact that you're getting better gear also.

My impression is that they do not level up...they are static. If you remain in your starting outfit/gear (no +stamina or +armor, say), those first mercenaries will still hurt plenty (if you let them hit you, heh) for a while.

That said, a few extra levels (with their attendant minor hit point & stat increases) does not make the boss fights much "easier," altho it might a little bit in terms of dmg. speed. It's your skill at dodging (if you don't get hit, it's easy no matter what), your choice of gear (are you forgoing stamina in favor of attack, or vice versa etc) and your choice of abilities etc. that does that.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As far as leveling up, no the mobs are pretty much non-scaling if you stay in an area you can farm them for loot and xp and they get noticeably easier. The deal with bosses is I can't tell, but a few extra levels has made some boss fights on Hardcore easier if by only unlocking some extra trait points and skill mastery.