Gunderic Manor Door Password Bug

objecttothis

Question

In the Gunderic Manor you can walk up to the door leading further into the manor and it gives the password as one of the choices before you find the piece of paper with the password scribbled on it. This is a bug. You shouldn't be able to select the password until your character has actually seen what it is.

5 answers to this question

In the Gunderic Manor you can walk up to the door leading further into the manor and it gives the password as one of the choices before you find the piece of paper with the password scribbled on it. This is a bug. You shouldn't be able to select the password until your character has actually seen what it is.

On what Plattform is this? Didn't happen for me (PC)

Are you talking about the brute force approach? Or is this different?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This is on the PC. I went straight to the door and the top right option was the password, but I had not found any lore that showed me the password. It was only after exploring and finding a secret room that I found the password scrawled on a piece of paper did I actually have the password.

When I did this it gives you an option to give a password or back out. If you don't know the password given by the clue in the book it throws a fireball at you. The choice to try a password is correct, but if you are saying that you can give the correct password without that knowledge then it is a bug but not a global one as i'm sure most people have to find the clue first.