New Vegas is Amazing!!!

DOZAH

I originally posted this on Steam forums and was summarily ignored so I decided to register here and post it to where it belongs.

Out of all the games I've bought during this summersale I've been playing New Vegas all day and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I put off buying it for so long because I played through Fallout 3 about 5 times and thought I was burnt-out on all things post-apocalyptic. I made myself wait until I felt like playing through that game again before I got New Vegas and luckily for me it just so happened to exactly coincide with a sale!

I'd just like to extend my gratitude for such a finely crafted piece of digital art. The much darker tone of the game compared to FO3 is so much more fits the setting exquisitely. Stand-offs between groups of enemies seem so much more frequent and intense and character interactions seem much more complex, both in story and mechanics. The factions add a really nice dynamic to the game, like I'm playing as some kind of cowboy secret agent. It's just awesome. Even though I've only been playing for about ten to fifteen hours, I can't believe how much I'm being drawn into the world and having a blast playing! Hopefully once my playthrough is conclued, this sentiment will remain unchanged and I'll return here to post more love-letters to the developers :)

For all the hard work put into the game and to anyone who might be undecided whether or not they should play the game, you should know it definitely has my two dismembered thumbs-up seal of approval. Just an outstanding experience so far, Thanks!

Good on you, sir. I should add that my housemate/lodger is the of the same view.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Still going strong...despite the Legion assassin's best efforts to thwart me. They're rediculously tough but I can hardly complain when they bring me cool new toys like the thermic lancer. Finally made it to New Vegas at around 30-40 hours in. The challenge level is high, I really feel like medicinal supplies are a valuable resource. I love how the game will irradiate you to hell, then, with your head still reeling from escaping a toxic pit, blow you to bits with some well-hidden landmines. It's great!

Makes me wonder if the game would have gotten more favorable reviews if it had been released slightly later. I picked it up when I was thinking that I should go back and play Fallout 3 and then thought "wait, I'm going to play New Vegas now!" and I really believe I'm appreciating the experience much more for it.

Nevertheless, I suspect this will be the game that keeps me occupied until the release of Bethesda's next opus. I'm probably even going to subject myself to the trials of hardcore mode, eventually. Having a great time of it. Thanks for the hard work and good luck with your future projects.

I need to remind myself to remove NWN's 2 from my backlog. Now if you'll please excuse me, the wasteland beckons...

Depends a lot on the game. If I can see my character all the time and dialogue is voiced, I'd like to have my character a voice too. If I don't see my character all the time or if text is not voiced in general, I don't mind.

I also agree that New Vegas is near-perfect. But the Level's spatial sequencing seems wrong at times. I do have a video that I feel demonstrates that Las Vegas/New Vegas/New Reno but with decent spacing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3qg5jRog9Q

If I were to go back and remake this level I would only populate it with a few props. Art was a big deal for modders because it was one of the only things that was nearly impossible to match. But i feel the level design, or how the arts were placed in how far apart etc have a big impact on what we think fallout is. No doubt some many things were done right in the whole of New Vegas.

But as we progress into the future of Fallout sequels, we see civilization return more and more. That isn't necessary , but it seems to reflect in how 'the-feeling-of-sparse' is coveyed in the world's prop population.

variation is great. i also support the reuse of the props. but sometimes it is hurtful to see our feelings changed from fallout 1 to this new vegas.

Although I already knew about limitations of camera, draw distances, and overall proportions that players will enjoy being a factor, i know some of the VEgas devs thanked Fallout 3 for being the guinea pig of that. ..

tough call. now what we will see in New Vegas's Blue Negas or whatever teh DLC is. Blue moon I guess? Well from that trailer things are much more sensible. the characters themselves beg the game's truthfulness and so one does not mind the new assets or better yet the lack of the re-use of the same-old.

redacted

^ I don't under-...I'm not...what.

In an interview with Tim Cain he said he programmed the GURPS Module. Easily changed to Special . Game calls to it .

Like our personalities are simply hats ontop our brain. our preferences can call into the brain. the joke shakes our perception and with that may come the confusion. but when you settle down, you will see you can still call into that same brain module.

I also don't understand what your post was. Excuse me as I have received 2 PMs since I have resigned in.

redacted

Depends a lot on the game. If I can see my character all the time and dialogue is voiced, I'd like to have my character a voice too. If I don't see my character all the time or if text is not voiced in general, I don't mind.

I also agree that New Vegas is near-perfect. But the Level's spatial sequencing seems wrong at times. I do have a video that I feel demonstrates that Las Vegas/New Vegas/New Reno but with decent spacing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3qg5jRog9Q

If I were to go back and remake this level I would only populate it with a few props. Art was a big deal for modders because it was one of the only things that was nearly impossible to match. But i feel the level design, or how the arts were placed in how far apart etc have a big impact on what we think fallout is. No doubt some many things were done right in the whole of New Vegas.

But as we progress into the future of Fallout sequels, we see civilization return more and more. That isn't necessary , but it seems to reflect in how 'the-feeling-of-sparse' is coveyed in the world's prop population.

variation is great. i also support the reuse of the props. but sometimes it is hurtful to see our feelings changed from fallout 1 to this new vegas.

Although I already knew about limitations of camera, draw distances, and overall proportions that players will enjoy being a factor, i know some of the VEgas devs thanked Fallout 3 for being the guinea pig of that. ..

tough call. now what we will see in New Vegas's Blue Negas or whatever teh DLC is. Blue moon I guess? Well from that trailer things are much more sensible. the characters themselves beg the game's truthfulness and so one does not mind the new assets or better yet the lack of the re-use of the same-old.

Good point, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Dear Doctor ++++ [redacted],

I have been reading a thread on the Obsidian forum, and believe my brain has melted. I can't understand more than individual words.

Yrs,

Hon. W.Q. Wildebeeste

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.