XBOX 360 4mb patch: what does it fix?

My game arrived and I put it on my console yesterday for the first time. I was prompted to download a 4mb patch, but I didn?t see anything related here in the forums.

Can anyone explain?

Edited by rafoca

My game arrived and I put it on my console yesterday for the first time. I was prompted to download a 4mb patch, but I didn?t see anything related here in the forums.

Can anyone explain?

Hotfix

Probably just solved 1-2 minor issues. Was probably the one for the console texture bug.

Can anyone explain?

Hotfix

Probably just solved 1-2 minor issues. Was probably the one for the console texture bug.

4mb is considered a big patch on xbox live. Maybe there is something more, or maybe the textures thing required all 4mb.

Thanks!

Seriously, what does it fix? And yeah 4MB is about as big as most Xbox patches get. F:NV has an 8 MB that saves on the harddrive instead of the cache ... largest patch I have ever seen on Xbox Live.

newest F:NV patch is 16 MB...

Huh, interesting. Is that just the xbox limitation? Microsoft's rules? PC patches get way bigger than that all the time.

A new record I think. Is it a good patch? I was getting corrupt save games all the time after the zion patch. I use multiple saves but still annoying.

Haven't realy tried, I just wanted to check the engine improvements they proclaimed they 've made (which is indeed true) and some reworked perks.

Huh, interesting. Is that just the xbox limitation? Microsoft's rules? PC patches get way bigger than that all the time.

I thik it's a mix of MS rules and the fact that a console is only one system with no variants, PC patches need to include every possible configuration (ATI, Nvidia, etc etc).

Yeah it is a MS thing. I think the original limit was 4 MB ... has to do with the fact that there are some Xbox 360 sku's that don't come with a hard drive or other memory unit so patch's are generally (except the 8MB and up ones) stored in the temporary cache on the console.

Thanks but I meant the Dungeon Siege patch for Xbox 360 ... this thread has been here for days and not a single employee can just chime in and tell us exactly what the patch fixes.

They are too busy rolling around in piles of cash and having pillow fights with supermodels.

That's no excuse. It only takes two minutes to post a patch log for Xbox 360 Title Update 1 thread.

An excuse isn't needed. How will it change your life not knowing 1-2 insignificant changes? A large amount of patchlogs don't even list the most minor of the changes, so aren't "complete" either.

Whats your problem here to begin with? Complaining for the sake of complaining?

Edited by C2B

That's no excuse. It only takes two minutes to post a patch log for Xbox 360 Title Update 1 thread.

Look, there are maybe a handful of Obsidian employees that come anywhere near this message board, and it is unlikely that they are the ones who did anything with the patch. It is not part of their job. In fact it really is the publisher's responsibility to get this type of information out for people, and given how minor it is, it probably won't happen.

An excuse isn't needed. How will it change your life not knowing 1-2 insignificant changes? A large amount of patchlogs don't even list the most minor of the changes, so aren't "complete" either.

I just think posting a patchlog for the console patch would be cool. It's standard for PC but hasn't become something that has caught on with consoles and I think it should. "Here's our patch, it alters your software you purchased from us in the follwing ways: ....'technical stuff'" They want our money, I want better customer service. These guys don't work on a chain gang brah, they have a sweet job making a living wage in an air conditioned office. I'm not asking them to spilt blue rock with an axe all day or anything.

Change logs are absolute common place in software development work, especially when the company has worked to address issues which have been documented, it doesn't take more than a few moments to drop a note of the changes onto the official forum of the game, I don't think the request for them to be posted is at all unreasonable, he's not complaining for the joy of it, he's complaining because its an irregular practice not to do it.

The fan boys on here reminds me of the phrase "unsinkable rubber ducks"

It's relatively common to see video game companies release small updates with no announcement or changelog. Whether you like it or not that's a simple fact. Unless, hang on, wait! I like DS3, so that must mean what I say is wrong. :p

Personally, I always thought it is weird game companies (including Obsidian, in this case) do that. Changelogs don't take long to write and they should be provided as a matter of course. Just never thought it was that big a deal. *shrug*

As I said earlier, this is most likely the publisher's responsibility. There is a chance that Obsidian didn't even handle the final steps for such a small patch. If you notice, the official technical support section is handled by Square Enix. This is simply a forum hosted by Obsidian, we get a few developers in from time to time, but if you expect someone to drop what they are doing to address your needs, you are going to be disappointed. It is first and foremost a place for fans of Obsidian to gather.

It is also a gladiatorial pit for people who like to argue over RPG's. Two men enter, one man leaves!

It's relatively common to see video game companies release small updates with no announcement or changelog. Whether you like it or not that's a simple fact. Unless, hang on, wait! I like DS3, so that must mean what I say is wrong. :ermm:

Personally, I always thought it is weird game companies (including Obsidian, in this case) do that. Changelogs don't take long to write and they should be provided as a matter of course. Just never thought it was that big a deal. *shrug*

Pretty much this. Its nowhere near an irregular practice. Again, most changelogs don't even have minor fixes listed and even if they do in many cases its just listed similiar to this

- Fixed multiple Minor Issues

@MonkeyLungs: Fair. But again, we already somwhat know what fix it was or what it tried to fix. Its not like this already means that further, bigger patches won't be documented.

Also, you may be strongly the underestimating video game industry crunch there.

Edited by C2B

The funny thing is that the small 360 patches actually fixes a lot of things. If you have PS3 and XBOX 360, the same patch fixing the same things on both consoles would be like: 4mb on xbox 360 and 40mb on PS3.