Installed from Impulse. Won't launch...

xylan

Question

Greetings!

I just purchased this game off of Impulse. After waiting a few hours to download it, all that seems to happen is a very brief MS-DOS window pops up then disappears. It then causes me to sign into Steam. Not really sure what is going on here.

Looked around a bit for this, and it says there is some sort of patch that was released around June 22nd to fix this problem? I haven't been able to actually find any location where to download that patch though heh.

Anyone have any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

Wherever you buy DS3, you need to play it through Steam - as it is a Steamworks game. (Yes, it's crap... it does tell you that before you buy, though, at least.) What happens when you do sign into Steam?

And of course, patching happens through Steam as well.

Wherever you buy DS3, you need to play it through Steam - as it is a Steamworks game. (Yes, it's crap... it does tell you that before you buy, though, at least.) What happens when you do sign into Steam?

And of course, patching happens through Steam as well.

So far, it seems that it loads Steam up, then promptly begins downloading the entire game from there. Makes no sense that it downloads off of Impulse, only to go download from Steam....... I mean who designed the logic in that!!??

I assume you've checked that it actually did download the whole thing from Steam? In my case, the download site simply gave me... a link to Steam. If it did, search these forums - someone had a similar deal with the boxed copy and there was some fix to stop Steam from doing that.

It's one of the joys of Steam becoming so big, I'm afraid.