I've been stuck trying to kill Ehregott, the Master Thief at the bottom of the Crypt in Stonebrige, for weeks! I first got to him as a 16th level Katarina and barely made a scratch on him so I went away and did every other mission I could and returned at 20th level and still I can't make a dent! What am I doing wrong!!

I've finished the entire game as Katarina on hardcore but for the Ehregott fight I had to reduce the game level to Standard.

I can't help feeling that this boss is badly unbalanced being SO much harder than any other boss!

Can anyone else offer advice on killing this SOB with Katarina on hardcore?

I've been stuck trying to kill Ehregott, the Master Thief at the bottom of the Crypt in Stonebrige, for weeks! I first got to him as a 16th level Katarina and barely made a scratch on him so I went away and did every other mission I could and returned at 20th level and still I can't make a dent! What am I doing wrong!!

I've finished the entire game as Katarina on hardcore but for the Ehregott fight I had to reduce the game level to Standard.

I can't help feeling that this boss is badly unbalanced being SO much harder than any other boss!

I should probably mention I'm playing this on a PS3.

I feel your pain, this guy is hardcore. Although he would probably be a lot easier if not for the homing electrical bolts of his robots. I played him as Lucas, but I didn't have a clear strategy : abuse the healing spell, try to hurt him with a long-range ability, and never, ever stay too close to him because of his charge. Speaking of that, try to recognize it by ear and prepare yourself to dodge! That attack is probably the strongest he has!

I didn't find his hit points all that strong (but I haven't played as Kat), but he can take a while because his attacks/helpers means it's difficult to get your own attacks off sometimes. Kats curses should help tho, are you using those? What's your stamina/hit points? Try switching gear to another config w/focus on other stats to see if it works better? I find, with Anjali at least, that against the bosses high-stamina works best over almost everything else, unless you're a super-dodging master. Just means you kill a bit slower.

Dodge like a madwoman and if your healing ability is Mastered, use it to help your companion survive longer.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He's one of the harder bosses, but not that bad if you work it out. it feels like he's super strong / has tons of HP because you have to dodge so much and he kills you so quick, but in fact it just feels that way.

The homing electrical bolts are slow and easy to dodge if you're aware - I found that a good way is to roll/teleport across them (i.e. they're coming in from the left, when they're near roll left, so you roll 'past' them), which can make them confused and hit each other/theground and fizzle. Arguably the greater threat is his charge ability, due to the small platform, but Ehregott's attacks are pretty formulaic and after a while you can tell when he takes a half second to gear up for it.

Don't bother reviving your companion unless you get a lucky lull, or you will die. Just dodge pretty much all the time; use empowered heartseeker to take out automatons when they come in; otherwise just normal shots & heartseeker on Ehregott as you dodge, curse if you have time. Obviously don't bother with anything that takes time like hound or flintlock.

LOL, with Lucas on hardcore this fight was so easy the first time I actually thought it was a miniboss, didn't even come close to dieing with him in 3 playthroughs.

L2P.

Oh, and people are saying that Katarina is extremely overpowered, especially against bosses, so to lose with her...

LOL, with Lucas on hardcore this fight was so easy the first time I actually thought it was a miniboss, didn't even come close to dieing with him in 3 playthroughs.

L2P.

Oh, and people are saying that Katarina is extremely overpowered, especially against bosses, so to lose with her...

Hey, nice! I actually just fought that guy today. I too used Kat on hardcore, and tried probably a good 10+ times before I managed to get him. Winning solution was to just focus as much as possible on him and ignore the monster additions.

Hey, nice! I actually just fought that guy today. I too used Kat on hardcore, and tried probably a good 10+ times before I managed to get him. Winning solution was to just focus as much as possible on him and ignore the monster additions.

That's actually the same strategy with Dapper Old Gent, avoiding all robots and very quickly destroying all stations and generators with heroic charge/endless wrath.

Lucas is especially effective in both fights because of his super speed heroic charge which does both the striking and evading, couple that with endless wrath and you can't die.

• 1 year later...

L2P.

Lol meta, you must be uber leet.. can i see you xbox360 or ps3 account to see you have 100% completed DemonSouls, DevilMayCry 4, DarkSouls and i guess this noob 100% for this game?

Cause if you dont have all of them.. then i would say you need to L2P.