The funny things thread part 3

Tale

Thread pruned a bit. Not sure what the deceased had done to peoples favourite puppies or whatever, but dancing around the fire cackling with glee and celebrating a young persons death as "funny" somehow makes the funny thread lose its funny.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Who died?

Wijnhuis.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thread pruned a bit. Not sure what the deceased had done to peoples favourite puppies or whatever, but dancing around the fire cackling with glee and celebrating a young persons death as "funny" somehow makes the funny thread lose its funny.

Eh, is still amusing slightly. I like the image where they show Charlie Sheen and a caption "No one did more drugs than me" and Winehouse on the bottom with 'Challenge Accepted'.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A Southern small-town prosecutor called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"

She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?"

She again replied, "Why, yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him."

The defense attorney almost died. The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench, and in a very quiet voice, said, "If either of you bastards asks her if she knows me, I'll throw your sorry asses in jail for contempt."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I guess this is a good thread to say this: Tomorrow 12 Eastern Fabio and the Old Spice Guy are having a duel on the Oldspice youtube channel. This for those who thought that the commercial were funny and care enough about those things.

Oro out.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hmm, perhaps we don't know our feline companions as well as we thought.

:lol:

And it actually stopped when it was caught, sort of like a cartoonish moment. Seems a bit to convenient to be real but funny anyways.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Who died?
Amy Whinehouse. Or Winehouse.

I have no idea who this is.

Really? Huh, she won a few awards last year or the year before. She's kind of a jazz singer who hit it big, which I was happy about as it helped a lot of other jazz groups get some mainstream attention.

Anyways the fame really put her on the fast lane to a rock star death. She was a bit of a mess from the start, but as her album got bigger, so did her problems it seems. This was highlighted when she was denied a Visa to attend the Grammies (or one of those music awards) in the US because of her issues. She had to phone in her acceptance speech.

The folks here don't seem to have much sympathy for junkies, but I'm guessing they haven't had many people close to them struggle with addiction. While I didn't find her death surprising, I fail to see how it is a positive thing. The only hope here is that other young people will learn from her tragedy.

Ok, lets try this again. If I have to get my hands out of the nice cozy pockets where they stay again, they wont see the funny in it. They hate working.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Now my post sticks out like a sore thumb.

Well, I suppose dressing up like Edward Cullen could be interpreted as an insult. :sorcerer:

Oops :p