The new and improved Indie thread

Dead State looks cheap and horrible

For an indie game?

DS looks p.cool to me. Love the look, just hope that the controls will not be clunky.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

As for lazy Steam links, they're on mad discount and you can easily see trailer/screenshots there. Everyone is welcome to acquire the game directly from the official website should they so desire and the opportunity exist. I am in no way affiliated with Steam or any subsidiaries.

Heh, I probably came across a little more aggressive than the intention was.

The reason for wanting direct links to the developers is twofold; first, if you buy that way near 100% of the price goes to them. In this case I'd have complained if the links were to Impulse/ Gamersgate/ D2D/ Amazon download or whatever. Developer links also make them less reliant on vendor specific, time limited, special offers for those specifically bargain hunting. For a Grand Indie Megathread type thing links to specific offers are better made in subsequent posts, as and when the offers occur, in my most humble opinion.

Zoraptor is right - never buy from Steam if you actually want to support indie developers. Also, because of the whole verification / etc process stuff, indie games tend to have much slower patching/udpating on Steam - you're getting an inferior product.

I'm intrigued by Dead State and have no doubt Brian Mitsoda can write something interesting, but certainly the graphics currently look way too sanitised. Won't be so important if the actual game holds up, though.

Supporting developers is always nice, but I presume that most people want all their games together in a nice service, not scattered across a bunch of developers' sites that may or may not be available in the future.

Zoraptor is right - never buy from Steam if you actually want to support indie developers. Also, because of the whole verification / etc process stuff, indie games tend to have much slower patching/udpating on Steam - you're getting an inferior product.

Buy 'humble bundle's ;)

Steam is an absolutely last resort and the only reason I have it installed on PC at all is FO:NV.

(I mostly buy on-line from GG and recently from GoG)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm intrigued by Dead State and have no doubt Brian Mitsoda can write something interesting, but certainly the graphics currently look way too sanitised. Won't be so important if the actual game holds up, though.

I just wish it weren't in 50's style... :p

Isn't Age of Decadence supposed to be released in November?

No. If at all, it will be the demo of the first town, but not more.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."