Interview with Project Director Rich Taylor

Listened to the interview. I got a sad vibe from him, kind of like hearing some compliments was really refreshing. That's kind of sad, the game is good and they deserve more props for it honestly. Anyway, the most interesting thing he mentioned was that the key binding patch for the PC could be released as early as tomorrow. He sounded a bit hesitant when asked about DLC...which is a shame, really want some more stuff...would gladly pay for it. Let's hope it can happen.

Didn't get a sad vibe from Rich. Yes, he was hesitant on talkin about the possible dlcs, which could mean that we are getting one or we ain't getting one. Damn NDAs. Either way, I hope there's news on that front soon. At least Square is letting Obsidian patch the game and didn't pull "a Sega" on the title.

I agree that they should have gotten more props for the game, seeing all these 6/10 reviews makes me wonder if I played completely different game than the reviewers.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Didn't get a sad vibe from Rich. Yes, he was hesitant on talkin about the possible dlcs, which could mean that we are getting one or we ain't getting one. Damn NDAs. Either way, I hope there's news on that front soon. At least Square is letting Obsidian patch the game and didn't pull "a Sega" on the title.

I agree that they should have gotten more props for the game, seeing all these 6/10 reviews makes me wonder if I played completely different game than the reviewers.

No, you played the same game, it simply means you are easily satisfied with low quality games. If anything this game got higher scores than it deserved.

They should have just built on what DS 1 and 2 brought before. Party based dungeon crawler with open ended stat/skill progression, seamless levels, tons and tons of loot and a mule, in depth multiplayer support and a community toolset. They could have improved on making the combat less passive but buidling on its strengths in the character progression system and the party based approach. They could have worked to release an even better toolset for the public to create great mods and they could have focussed on building a thriving MP community.

Obsidian could have respected Chris Taylor's original vision for Dungeon Siege a bit more and just worked to improve it in the areas where it needed it but not completely reboot the game mechanics. That's what Chris gets for selling out his own idea though but I do feel bad for the guy. I hope he at least got paid well.

Obsidian could have respected Chris Taylor's original vision for Dungeon Siege a bit more and just worked to improve it in the areas where it needed it but not completely reboot the game mechanics. That's what Chris gets for selling out his own idea though but I do feel bad for the guy. I hope he at least got paid well.

Chris Taylor is actually pretty happy with the game and signed off what Obsidian did with Dungeon Siege III. Also he originally was the one who wanted to focus on one player charachter instead of a party for a proposed third game. :lol:

@Matt-C Ever even thought about the concept that people view aspects of quality different than you especially in a medium like Video Games? For me, DSIII has a higher quality in the aspects of a game I value than the first two. Of course I can see how that differs if you are a full on Diablo Style ARPG Player.

Edited by C2B

No, you played the same game, it simply means you are easily satisfied with low quality games. If anything this game got higher scores than it deserved.

GO AWAY I am getting completely fed-up with you disingenuous assertions. If you don't like the game fine, post what you thought was wrong with it and MOVE ON. Right now all you are doing is trolling. Or do you really believe that YOUR opinion is the only valid opinion?