News Int. Inc. hack phone of missing (dead girl)

Walsingham

Their six-day-a-week sister tabloid, The Sun, will simply move to a seven-day-a-week operation.

200 staff have been laid off as a result of this, but the editor at the time (now a chief exec and a close familiar of Rupert's) remains in post using the "I was only the boss how was I meant to know?" defence.

I wonder how many of that 200 might be tempted to talk to the polizei about where some other bodies are buried? *chuckle*

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Monte, if it turns out that they killed people for their own stories, I'm blaming you.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sacrificing the entire paper is the equivalent of setting fire to the files and fleeing in the staff car. There is no way a company as amoral as News Int. would have stood by the bastards in charge of this, not just Rebekah Brooks, if said bastards couldn't tie things in even higher. I'm looking directly at Murdoch. I'm thinking it needn't even be a case of evidence on tape. I'm thinking Rebekah Brooks sitting in front of a Commons committee testifying that she had instructions to behave in this way from The Boss. I'm also thinking that the politicos have been itching to give Murdoch a kick in the nuts for at least twenty years and this might be the only break they'll have to do so.

Of course, rather like Gaddafi loyalists, many will be thinking that now is precisely the time to rally round the disgusting git and win enhanced status when things calm down.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

_53927517_newsint_getty.jpg

BBC pic says it all. :shifty::lol:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Daily Mash gets it perfect yet again.

REBEKAH Brooks is clearly keeping the Murdochs out of jail, it has emerged.

As James Murdoch closed the most successful newspaper in the western world rather than sack a devious harpie, experts said that harpie must have some weapons-grade **** up her sleeve.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/busines...t-201107084049/

Andyes, the News of the World really did have the biggest circulation of ANY English language daily.

-Elwood Blues

Martin Bishop, media analyst at Madeley-Finnegan, said: "No-one was calling for the paper to be closed, apart from the usual Twitter monkeys. If they had sacked Brooks and waved a batch of former executives off to prison, then slowly but surely things would have returned to normal, what with the British public being, you know, idiots.

"I reckon there's a refrigerated dungeon full of Brazilian kids and Rupert eats a fresh one every day."

The Onion bores me. This is absolutely hilarious.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I should like to point out that between you chaps, and the Daily Mash, my patriotism is eroding like a child's sandcastle as the sea comes in.

-Elwood Blues

Tell you what, we'll swap. You become a Texan American, I'll become British.

btw, anyone know a hot british chick who wants a mail order husband?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Tell you what, we'll swap. You become a Texan American, I'll become British.

Not sure about the accent, but I reckon I could handle the guns and steak.

Seriously, though. What in the name of unholy funt does that woman have on Murdoch that she's worth hanging onto? It's not as if chippy sociopathic harridans are particularly rare in British industry.

Maybe it's that she's ginger?

-Elwood Blues

I'm sorry to get a bit off topic, but is it true Hugh Grant wore a wire on these people? :)

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Sun has now been accused of - quite logically - having illegally acquired Gordon Brown's daughter's medical records ...so the good people of Britain could have her cystic fibrosis paraded before them like a common Frenchman.

I rather think that the Great British Public bear a portion of the blame for our vapid insistence that we be allowed to pry into each other's ****ing private lives. It's mental. We have a robust and healthy debate on every counter-terror measure, yet we'll accept any violation whatsoever in the name of News International making a profit by titillating us.

~~~

Aside: Brown also accuses the Sunday Times of trying to get him fired as Chancellor of the Exchequer.

If only they had succeeded.

EDIT: Got it wrong. It was Brown's son. :)

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I've noticed a lot of hacks, even on my main daily - the Telegraph - breaking ranks and accusing this of being a leftist witch hunt.

I've got no time for this view at all. Murdoch's a towering ****er, and he should be hunted with hounds. You don't set up a group with no restraint and give it massive incentives to break the law, then pretend you had no idea it would break the law.

-Elwood Blues

Murdoch's face coming at me from the screen is quite unpleasant.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hope this doesn't doesn't provoke a situation where reporters are afraid to do real investigative reporting, not that the News of the World did much of that, but there is momentum now that the outrage is so strong that could take a wrong turn, both in terms of legislation and self censorship.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I think hacking family members' and victims' cell phones is a reasonable place for reporters to be afraid of going in investigations.

They have no cause to be afraid of classical methods, interviews, undercover work, and informants.

I hope this doesn't doesn't provoke a situation where reporters are afraid to do real investigative reporting, not that the News of the World did much of that, but there is momentum now that the outrage is so strong that could take a wrong turn, both in terms of legislation and self censorship.

I respect your opinion enough to know you don't mean it this way. But a variant of your argument is what got us into this mess in the first place.

The Press Must Get the Truth has been a mantra applied to an insane degree. We don't accept the police invading our privacy without some kind of elected oversight, and extremely strict rules (usually). Even IF you take the view that the fourth estate are our protectors and servants they must still be bound by our values and standards? Just saying...

-Elwood Blues

Apparently the UK does have 'public good' exceptions for some crimes- that's how they justified blagging Gordon Brown's bank details.

I don't think (well, hope that) good journalism won't be effected. Especially since this whole kerfuffle kicking off is largely the result of some good investigative work by a Grauniad journalist and as otherwise Mr PI's diary probably would have sat gathering dust in the Met archives forever.