News Int. Inc. hack phone of missing (dead girl)

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14024668

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/cri...ing-claims.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/pr...or-2306961.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/newsoftheworld

dowler-brooks_620301t.jpg

Strong indications are that News of the World journalists 'hacked' into the phone of a missing teenager, effectively intruding onto a crime scene, and - so early indications insist - actually deleted messages on the phone. The deletion of these messages convinced police and family that the girl might be alive. In fact as was recently shown in court she had been abducted and was either being raped, was dying, or was dead at that time.

Deletion or no I don't see how one can regard this as anything but evidence that Murdoch media empire is out of control and beyond the pale. I won't insult anyone's intelligence by pretending I liked the group prior to this incident, but this is a 'smoking gun' moment. News international seems to be closing ranks around the editor at that time, and the only epxlanation I can think of for them not behaving as normal and drop kicking her into the baying mob is that she has proof the action was endorsed at a higher level. This is not so peculiar since the NoW is in many ways the 'Guards Shock Army' of News Int. Their investigators break a lot of stories using unconventional methods, that are then picked up and run with by associated Murdoch media.We know that they have already accepted allegations of hacking politicans' phones, and (of course) the phones of pointless celebrities.

I put it to the forum that in a democracy the media must be free. But when the media considers itself completely beyond the constraints and values of the society it claims to serve then that relationship is corrupted. Because information is not information in any abstract way. It is shaped in focus and content by the qualities of the media delivering it. And in this case the media concerned has shown it does not represent our values. It s***s on them.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sad case. Here's hoping several get strung up from all this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It seems indications are that journalists - from somewhere - accessed the phones of relatives of the 7/7 terror bombings. Pretty much to get reactions.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with our news media?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbys...nes-hacked.html

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Also, reading up on this now, it's startling to see firstly my own ignorance and secondly how connected into these goons the Prime Minister is. Indeed, not just this PM but the last one and the one before that.

Can it really be the case that democracy in this country is indivisible from Rupert Murdoch's jowly assent and winged minions? Whose fault is that?

-Elwood Blues

Any system where politicians are professionals is a perversion of democracy. You no longer elect your representatives, but your rulers from a small pool of oligarchs. Parties exist to maintain the status quo etc. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The theory is that this private investigator hacked the phone right ?, not that a journalist told him to do it. I guess it all comes down to what he was expected to to do, whether those expectations were stated or not.

If internal e-mails point to bribery of police officers, your theory doesn't seem too likely. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It seems indications are that journalists - from somewhere - accessed the phones of relatives of the 7/7 terror bombings. Pretty much to get reactions.

You have to ask? OK, let's start with a basic flaw: British journalists chiefly write for other British journalists.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

You have to ask? OK, let's start with a basic flaw: British journalists chiefly write for other British journalists.

Makes sense. Excuse my being thick, but what's your next point?

-Elwood Blues

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke...dshire-14043959

_53889984_dadge.jpg

Man who helped woman after terror ttack had his phone hacked? Police are investigating...

Busy little ****ers, aren't they?

-Elwood Blues

According to a former editor at the News of the World it's not a big deal.

*jaws on floors*

-Elwood Blues

*jaws on floors*

I'm now visualizing Wals looking like Clive Owen (with a beer gut) on "The International" hunting down executives :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

A rather large number of Australians loathe Rupert Murdoch and News Ltd.

You see, it all started in Australia. Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to give birth to this jerk-off. Then he bought up a bunch of indeopendent Australian media companies such that over 50% of Australian media is now controlled by one company. Then, thank the gods, he ditched his Australian citizenship and decided to become a Yank. Best thing he ever did for this country. But it doesn't change the fact that he uses his near-monopoly on the media to repeatedly try and dictate what our politicians must do.

**** him. He's a downright lying **** bastard who is ruining Australia's democracy.

Edited by Krezack

*jaws on floors*

I'm now visualizing Wals looking like Clive Owen (with a beer gut) on "The International" hunting down executives ;)

Not far wrong. :(

I noticed this morning that The Sun is running with the story that Rio Ferdinand is accused (by them) of having 10 mistresses. And The Times* was actually just not on the shelves. The Daily Mail has the story front page, but while I think they are bowling green fascists I guess they aren't stupid enough to think their hyper-judgemental readers won't have noticed the story.

I mention this to underscore the way Murdoch media functions as a coherent action group. It's not acceptable to claim it's an ordinary business and the subcomponents are free agents.

*These are both Murdoch papers.

-Elwood Blues

notw-coffin_1940050d.jpg

I really don't know why I'm surprised, given the targetting of the family of an abducted child during a criminal investigation, but it seems the Murdoch affiliated (see above) newspaper targetted the phones of dead soldiers' families.

For those of you struggling a bit with this story abroad. This is FOX NEWS' parent company.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Makes sense. Excuse my being thick, but what's your next point?

That they're all totally amoral and borderline sociopathic in their obsession with 'getting a story', and will happily ignore any and all social norms in order to do so? If you aren't one of them, you're a target.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

That's true. But thinking about this, and without for a moment excusing the revolting scum, but 'story' is a term partly defined by us, the media consumer.

Although, as I say, I think that 'story' is only partly defined by us, the people. Most people believe that what is in the news is the news, rather than - for example - what they need to know being the news. The latter being something which increasingly doesn't live in newspapers.

Not sure why the amoral goktards at News Int./Murdochland have decided that we should be force fed mawkish tripe like French info-geese, but they obviously have. I suspect it's trickle down of a sick leadership at the highest level into the fertile ground of half-awake sycophants and sociopaths. Rather like - and I'm choosing a deliberately provocative analogy - the abuse at Abu Ghraib.

-Elwood Blues

Gee.. I never knew Murdoch could do such a great impression of Pontius Pilate... :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Clever move, Mr. Murdoch. Clever move.

Really their only move, now I suppose they will burrow down and wait this out. This is the problem with these scandals, a lot of righteous indignation but no one to use this momentum to forward legislature or civil action against these wrongdoers.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif