Fix the poor AI and other reported flaws

AFAIK you can't release an official patch without the publisher's approval, either.

Separately, while I love AP and wish it would get a patch too, but if we look at it from a PR perspective, it would be a waste of resources - it won't matter to those who never bought the game, and for those who did, 90% of them will already be done with it. It would be nice, but it wouldn't be bang for buck.

They can't. Sega won't fund a patch.

How about patching it to keep the company name from going into the dirt? It's just one patch that would fix most of it.

I didn't find the AI particularly bad...

I do play FPS games a lot though, and if you consider AP having bad Ai, I recommend you stay away from a majority of FPS games that have come out in the past 2 years. Most have them going to pre computed positions, which you can memorize after the first fire fight in each area. AP isn't so different, though most FPS games aren't configured to let you use stealth at all...they just don't have the...errr...AI...for it.

I do find it curious how you come to complain about Dungeon Siege (of which I am a fan of I and II, and do frequent the forums of III so I DID read your complaints there)...and then after such a long time THEN decide that you must complain about AP as well.

I suppose now you are going to complain about the IWD Ai and Baldurs Gate Ai as well...at least if they had forums here?

Maybe you should head on over to Bioware and complain about the AI in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 (ME was worse though, they had enemies that would crash headlong into crates and keep trying to run through them...though it didn't particularly bother me, I can see how you may want to thrash Bioware for that Ai and other bugs in ME or ME2).

I believe that's the game AP is compared most often to, ME...which to tell the truth I like better, but if you want to bring up bugs and AI, ME actually had worse...just so you know where to complain next.

I expect the BW boys will eat you alive perhaps though.

Don't you mean "fund a second patch"

???

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

How about patching it to keep the company name from going into the dirt? It's just one patch that would fix most of it.

I didn't find the AI particularly bad...

I do play FPS games a lot though, and if you consider AP having bad Ai, I recommend you stay away from a majority of FPS games that have come out in the past 2 years. Most have them going to pre computed positions, which you can memorize after the first fire fight in each area. AP isn't so different, though most FPS games aren't configured to let you use stealth at all...they just don't have the...errr...AI...for it.

I do find it curious how you come to complain about Dungeon Siege (of which I am a fan of I and II, and do frequent the forums of III so I DID read your complaints there)...and then after such a long time THEN decide that you must complain about AP as well.

I suppose now you are going to complain about the IWD Ai and Baldurs Gate Ai as well...at least if they had forums here?

Maybe you should head on over to Bioware and complain about the AI in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 (ME was worse though, they had enemies that would crash headlong into crates and keep trying to run through them...though it didn't particularly bother me, I can see how you may want to thrash Bioware for that Ai and other bugs in ME or ME2).

I believe that's the game AP is compared most often to, ME...which to tell the truth I like better, but if you want to bring up bugs and AI, ME actually had worse...just so you know where to complain next.

I expect the BW boys will eat you alive perhaps though.

First, I have nothing against Bioware. I never said anything about Bioware so I don't know where all that rant came from. Bioware doesn't rush out their games.

Second, my post may have sounded like I was commenting on DS3, but in essence it was the repeat broken release syndrome that is starting to be associated with Obsidian Entertainment. One more broken, unfinished release where patches get nixed and we can rename them Troika.

Edited by Tigranes
Don't troll.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...