Very disappointing

Me and my friends loves to play multiplayer. We had so much fun with DS2, played it several time, because there was no other games like that. After that we tried Titanquest, Sacred and the Space Siege (which was a failure), and all we looked forward to was DS3 (and Diabolo, if it ever comes).

SO now it is here, we gathered, was looking forward to a weekend in the name of multiplaying... But No... that was not going to happen. So.. we had to make do it with good old L4D2 instead! Our money was spend for absolutly nothing and the weekend was ruined!

1. DS3 is not made for gaming on a PC

2. DS3 is not made for multiplayer on a PC

Now we have all bought the new DS3, and none of us can use it for anything. In NO way it lives up to what you could expect from a DS game. It is entirely appropriate to make a new game and try different new things, but is there anyone who can explain why it has not been made clear that the DS3 was not suited to multiplayer and PC! It is in my eyes a highly significant information and the lack of it expose either amateurism or deception!

Damn you Obsidian, how the **** could you do it! Is it possible to get the money back? Well guess not, and guess you dont care!

Edited by Octavius

You could state what your problem is exactly. That might help.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

but is there anyone who can explain why it has not been made clear that the DS3 was not suited to multiplayer and PC!

How exactly should they have made it more clear? All previous reports we had about the game pretty much indicated that it will work best with a controller/local co-op. Though, it was expected to have better PC controls but those were worked on towards the end and didn't manage to make the deadline. So, its now beeing worked on in patches.

Edited by C2B

Though, it was expected to have better PC controls but those were worked on towards the end and didn't manage to make the deadline.

Please tell me you're kidding.

No? Honestly I have no idea if they didn't manage to make the deadline or if there was some other problem that crept up with the new controls. But we know that different controls should have come towards the end but they never managed to get into the final version which left us with the "old" version. Thats also probably why Nathaniel said he had liked to work on them some more before release.

Ok, let me handle this.

1) The only thing that is not PC friendly is that there is no Keymapping. Other than that the game runs better on PC than on consoles.... Unless you have a **** comp.

2) It's pretty much known now that multiplayer is a bit messed up because of the camera issues. We have no official word on a fix or improvement. BUT you can still enjoy the game as a single player game.

But here's the good news the devs had said over and over again that they are listening and that they are working on improving the game. Hell we are getting our first patch already and guess what.. it's Keymapping! YAY! So take a chill pill. Relax and play the game. It's actually a good game once you give it a chance.

People need to be more realistic with the camera issue. While its not great, its not game breaking and is still playable even with 4 people. Yes it needs some tweaking, but its not something that needs to be scrapped entirely and reworked from the beginning.

As far as the OP is concerned, I have no idea what you're talking about. Playing with 2 people is the best experience multiplayer thus far, as you can easily retain control of the camera. 4 people not so much, but again its still playable just not great.

MP is not the only feature that count in a game. The tethering and camera are awful but the game is still playable. I beat the game on hardcore with 3 randoms friends yesterday and was fun.

Edited by Alpha

1) The only thing that is not PC friendly is that there is no Keymapping. Other than that the game runs better on PC than on consoles.... Unless you have a **** comp.

There is almost no noticable difference in how the game runs or looks on 360 or PC. I tested the demo for both platforms and only went for the console version because the PC controls were awkward.

DS3 is not made for multiplayer on any machine, PC or console. The tethered camera is a technical deficiency of the highest order and destroys multiplayer ... tethered camera is only TOLERABLE in couch co-op games because until a console can run two instances of the game at once and output to two devices then we are stuck with shared screen or splitscreen for couch co-op games. For online the tethered camera is inexcusable. Lack of persistent character saves also hurts multiplayer.

And of course MP is not the only reason to pay a agem but the OP clearly stated that MP was the focus for him and his friends.

There is almost no noticable difference in how the game runs or looks on 360 or PC. I tested the demo for both platforms and only went for the console version because the PC controls were awkward.

I completely disagree with this. There is a difference, at least that I can notice. In fact it's a huge difference. But maybe that's because you used the demo for your benchmark.