Happy Independence Day

Monte Carlo

Happy Independence Day to the Americans on the forums.

We are unveiling a statue of The Gipper in London to mark the day, hope you have a peaceful holiday with friends and family.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me. This is the day when a bunch drunk yanks set stuff ablaze, seriously why you Anglos have to set fires to celebrate. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Bah humbug...oh wait, wrong holiday. :lol:

4th of July is ok...the city fireworks are always fun & we're really close to them. Can get an ice cream and walk to a parking lot and watch 'em.

The over-enthusiastic neighbors popping their loud bang firecrackers until 2am is not fun, however. ...get off my lawn.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me. This is the day when a bunch drunk yanks set stuff ablaze, seriously why you Anglos have to set fires to celebrate. :lol:

How can anyone celebrate WITHOUT fire?

Happy birthday you dumb basatrds. As soon as you work out you rejected an insane tree talking bloke in favour of a bunch of greasy tea-stained merchants you are welcome back.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me. This is the day when a bunch drunk yanks set stuff ablaze, seriously why you Anglos have to set fires to celebrate. :lol:

How can anyone celebrate WITHOUT fire?

Happy birthday you dumb basatrds. As soon as you work out you rejected an insane tree talking bloke in favour of a bunch of greasy tea-stained merchants you are welcome back.

Just realised that perhaps this 4th July is the wrong one to be taking the p***, what with things being a bit fethed.

I actually think the USA is an awesome country, I'm hellaciously glad you're generally on our side and the side of what I like to call 'freedom'. And I'm glad for words like hellacious, which you probably invented.

Rock on, gentlemen. You invented that too.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You're still on about that film? It was crap in 1996 and it's still crap now.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, Battle of LA was much better because it lacked Will Smith. Whenever they started spewing out that armysexual propaganda speech, you could just space out and think about the explosions. The fresh prince of Bel-air have these powers of annyoance that makes it impossible to ignore him.

...also the aliens were not defeated by a MacOS 8 virus in BoLA :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Be fair, aliens with a genocidal superiority complex would be bound to use Macs.

-Elwood Blues

Be fair, aliens with a genocidal superiority complex would be bound to use Macs.

Cant argue with that, bro.

Happy Birthday! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUq8r-RGdM

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Oh, and the obligatory "America the beautiful"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...also the aliens were not defeated by a MacOS 8 virus in BoLA :shifty:

rofl.gif Good one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Screw you, Monarchy!!

You know it makes sense. You're just jealous.

Um, yeah... Jealous...

9A16091B-FF2B-519E-CB9229DFCF5CD90F.jpg

:shifty:

I do like the Brits. And while sticking with certain traditions long past the point of sense is certainly part of their charm, I'm thankful that my ancestors traveled to a place where folks don't take this sort of hereditary silliness quite so seriously.

Edited by Enoch

I will enthusiastically defend hereditary silliness over red of claw and black of tongue embodied in an elected head of state. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

The Brits are cool, once you remove the English and Scots from them :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Since its the colonials celebration time, I'm avoiding making too many snarky comments on the subject... o:)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh my, are people taking me seriously?

I guess people get touchy about the wacky sovereigns-in-name-only that their governments have been allowing to loaf about for the past few generations. Fair enough.

Anyhow, my original "Screw You" was meant more in the spirit of 1776, as the American Revolution and the government that followed it was, to a large degree, an attempt to bring into reality the Enlightenment ideals regarding how lousy government by hereditary hierarchies really was.

I do like the Brits. And while sticking with certain traditions long past the point of sense is certainly part of their charm, I'm thankful that my ancestors traveled to a place where folks don't take this sort of hereditary silliness quite so seriously.

Um, are you sure about that? Lets see we have Kennedys, Roosevelts, Dalys, Vanderbilts, Bushes, Mulenbergs, Bayards, Claytons, Tafts, Samuel & John Adams were cousins and the had a slew of progeny who have held office over the last 200 years. I could go on. We didn't abandon the herditary madness we just changed it a little and slapped a "Made in the USA" sticker on it. You know like we did with hockey and the Canadians, we sure took that one away from them! The only good thing abourt our system is than when one of these fools get into office we only ourselves to blame.

o:)

And if any Canadians complain we'll take another of your teams! Say hello to the Houston Maple Leafs!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

when one of these fools get into office we only ourselves to blame.

Best summary of 'democracy' seen in a long time o:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And if any Canadians complain we'll take another of your teams! Say hello to the Houston Maple Leafs!

Take them, please. The bitter tears that will ensue will be glorious o:)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra