Configuring Logitech Rumblepad

Shagsbeard

Question

I've gotten my Logitech Rumblepad to be recognized by the game using an Xbox controler emulator (Toca's). The problem now is that the keybindings for the controler are all wonky. I can't attack with it, and the analog joystick brings up the character menus and whatnot. I can reconfigure every feature on the controler but really have no idea what command should go where. Is there a way to get the "prefered" controler keybindings?

5 answers to this question

You should use the emulator to rebind the controls. The left analog should move, the right analog control camera; the D-pad is shortcuts to menus; the XYABs are abilities and attack, etc.

You should use the emulator to rebind the controls. The left analog should move, the right analog control camera; the D-pad is shortcuts to menus; the XYABs are abilities and attack, etc.

Thanks Tig... The only thing I had to remap was the triggers... they weren't triggering. Still, I find the controls very unusual... probably since I've never used one in my 30+ years of gaming. Definately a 'learn by doing' thing. Everything now works, but the D-Pad moves my character and the left analog functions as the dpad. Any hints on how to swap these functions?

Edited by Shagsbeard

I don't know the Rumblepad personally, but it may have a Analog/Digital swap button on the controller itself, otherwise you could try using the emulator to remap it to get the same result (though that may not work so well given the nature of the analog joystick).

Make sure you're using the latest toca's (which is Vibmod), and fool around in the settings, I guess.

Thanks Tig... The only thing I had to remap was the triggers... they weren't triggering. Still, I find the controls very unusual... probably since I've never used one in my 30+ years of gaming. Definately a 'learn by doing' thing. Everything now works, but the D-Pad moves my character and the left analog functions as the dpad. Any hints on how to swap these functions?

The small button next to the indicator light switches the left stick and d-pad. I use the latest version from here and load the Rumblepad presets and never had to remap any buttons.