HUD opacity options?

reted

Question

I did a search for "HUD" and "head up display", didn't turn up anything. Probably because its a dumb question.

Anyways, the question is. Are there any options to adjust HUD opacity? I have a plasma TV, that's why I'm concerned. From playing the demo (which was great) it seems the HUD will be hell on my TV, and there are no opacity options on the demo. I'm hoping there is in the full game.

7 answers to this question

No options to adjust HUD opacity in current options screen. You can adjust gamma for the game as a whole.

Thank you sir! I wonder if the option may be added through a future patch.

I'm really craving a good RPG to play until RAGE or Dark Souls comes out. I just know I'll end up playing for 8 hours straight and be stuck with my characters face forever burned onto my screen!

Thanks again for the help.

I don't know if a lot of games offer that option, these days - I only remember it on older PC games like Unreal Tournament, etc.

Seems like your TV settings mimght be a bit weird, though, if the HUD is that bad. Rest of the game looks fine?

I don't know if a lot of games offer that option, these days - I only remember it on older PC games like Unreal Tournament, etc.

Seems like your TV settings mimght be a bit weird, though, if the HUD is that bad. Rest of the game looks fine?

I've been seeing a few games offer it lately, although not many. I know Infamous 2 has it and I want to say Two World's 2 did but I'm not certain.

I have my brightness and contrast settings below 50 (out of 100). I knew image retention is always an issue with plasma type TV's when I purchased the TV. But the true 500hz refresh rate and much truer black's is what made me decide to get a plasma. Also the TV has built in anti image retention software it just doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. Also it's not really that much of an issue if I can force myself to take a good 30min break every hour or so, but that's especially difficult with an RPG game, the desire to continue looting and leveling is just too strong!

Its not so much the mini map I'm worried about. Mostly the character icon, available abilities, health and mana bar's that could be an issue.

As long as your TV has had plenty of varied usage time since you bought it (like, 100 hours or so of non-gaming), that slight burn in after image you notice from gaming won't stick. Just play some regular TV in-between gaming sessions.

Our 50" plasma, hubby played Borderlands for 8-9 hours a day for two weeks (Xmas vacation, heh) and it's just fine.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah I did do the whole break in period by watching blu ray movies or cable. Although honestly it was probably closer to 70hrs before I first played a game on it. Never really had any issue's until Fallout New Vegas, I was playing 8hrs a day for weeks before I even noticed the HUD causing image burn. And like an idiot never noticed the HUD opacity options in the menu until after my first playthrough (approx 65hrs). That one stuck for a couple week's before it finally went away. More recently with Infamous 2 I played about 20hrs before looking for opacity options (hence the name reted). The sillouette of the energy bar is still on there, although you have to be pretty close to the screen to see it.

Its a Panasonic Viera 50"