Dungeon Siege???

All in all, I believe I have been constructive enough and given the developers feedback for a

improved game. All one needs to do is READ what I had writeen to see that.

You shouldn't be rude when you are trying to present constructive arguments. Your post was rude and I wouldn't be surprised if developers would simply ignore it for the language in which you present your arguments. No one takes foul mouth seriously.

Also, it would be nice if you would just write in a normally sized font.

Edited by Vilhelm

Alright, after breaking down and finding an xbox controller to plug in to play the game is actually playable! that's what frustrates me the most though... I have to use a controller to even feel comfortable playing this game! :lol:

Alright, after breaking down and finding an xbox controller to plug in to play the game is actually playable! that's what frustrates me the most though... I have to use a controller to even feel comfortable playing this game! :lol:

There is a keybinding patch. You don't need a controller.

He's right. If Matt-C thinks DS3 is 3/10, then 3/10's the score he should give. Why inflate it?

Of course, that's Matt-C's opinion. No more, no less. *shrug*

Opinions aside. Because 3/10 means the game is unplayable not only due to bad design but bugs and a complete failure on multiple fronts. If you are going to give a game such a low score then you really need to explain why. An example...

10 - As a rule all games should start here and then be graded on merits.

-1 - No New Game +

-1 - No Keymapping

-1 - Multiplayer camera is bad

Those are my complaints against DS3, at the moment... that sets it at a 7/10. That's passing. But there is more!

+1 - I liked the story. Short as it was I was very immersed and at the end... I craved more.

+.5 - The gameplay was solid.

+.5 - I had fun

That brings it back up to a 9/10 in my opinion, and I just illustrated why. As I said with such a low score... you really should illustrate it further. Explain why you scored it so low.

Actually reviewing video games for a living I can tell you that game reviewing is never scored like that. Most games that are reviewed are broken down by features and aspects and generally are compared to the best performer in the category. For example, DS3 would most likely be rated against and compared to Diablo 2 or maybe something more modern such as Titan Quest. In my opinion DS3 deserves a 6/10 it lacks many features that are pretty much assumed to be present in similar titles. That is a huge problem that would make the score dip down immensely. Now if Obsidian adds in persistent characters, separate cameras, separate gold, open access to modding, random loot tables for all creatures, and perhaps some random extra powerful mobs I can see that score being more around 8/10.

id have to agree with this the most all the features you mentioned SHOULD be in there but were left out if they were added the game would be 100x better.

the big question is tho CAN it be done and patched in or was our 60$ wasted and us left hangin

the big question is tho CAN it be done and patched in or was our 60$ wasted and us left hangin

My 80 CHF (different currency) weren't wasted. Got a decent amount of fun out of it. The features listed for example are pretty uninteresting to me. On the other hand DSIII does some things/features better I'm more interested in regarding games.

Not to say that the same counts for you (it obviously don't) and that you are not justified, just saying that there are different opinions.

Edited by C2B

My 80 CHF (different currency) weren't wasted. Got a decent amount of fun out of it. The features listed for example are pretty uninteresting to me. On the other hand DSIII does some things/features better I'm more interested in regarding games.

Not to say that the same counts for you (it obviously don't) and that you are not justified, just saying that there are different opinions.

So you aren't still playing Dungeon Siege 3 online? Did you already beat the game with all four characters? Getting "a decent amount of fun" doesn't sound satisfactoy to me, you should be way more stoked about it. I was hoping the ardent defensders of the title would be showing a little more enthusiasm still.

So you aren't still playing Dungeon Siege 3 online? Did you already beat the game with all four characters? Getting "a decent amount of fun" doesn't sound satisfactoy to me, you should be way more stoked about it. I was hoping the ardent defensders of the title would be showing a little more enthusiasm still.

Never played online. On my fifth playthrough (Playthrough 2-3 were rather run through the game for dialog bits on casual). Had one playthrough local with a buddy. Around 50 hours played.

And decent is decent. If you are interpreting it as a device to reassure your own worldview, your problem.

Edited by C2B

5th playthough is pretty enthusiastic though, that's more what I would hope to see.

"decent amount of fun" sounds like what I felt about DA2 (basically crap but some decent amount of fun to be had because I liked the characters). I just interpret decent as pretty run of the mill and frankly when games are run of the mill it doesn't get me very excited to play them.

5th playthough is pretty enthusiastic though, that's more what I would hope to see.

"decent amount of fun" sounds like what I felt about DA2 (basically crap but some decent amount of fun to be had because I liked the characters). I just interpret decent as pretty run of the mill and frankly when games are run of the mill it doesn't get me very excited to play them.

I've had plenty of fun with DSIII. I'm only taking a break now to play Fear 3 (which is awesome).

If they fix the camera and tweak the loot, I foresee a huge surge in its multiplayer community. I still enjoy jumping into random games and helping out, i'd just like my character to not be a gimp when I do so. I jumped into someones Hardcore final boss fight as Reinhart, and I think I was doing like 30-50 damage with his standard entropy attack.

Fix the camera, fix the loot = win

Well, there are only a few games that have ever really *wowed" me compared to other media/activities. And theres really only a handful of games that reached decent for me.

Edited by C2B