Advanced Gameplay Options

I know there are three difficulty setting, CASUAL, NORMAL or HARDCORE. I doubt that Dungeon Siege III for PS3 may have cheat codes.

I like to add more options for next patch for Dungeon Siege III for PS3 (Unless modding can be offered) below:

Add custom difficulty tab and "Use custom difficulty" checkbox

1. Adjust player damage modifier (10% to 800% in 10% step, default 100%)
  2. Adjust enemy damage modifier (0% (Invincible) to 800% in 10% step, default 100%)
  3. Adjust power sphere recovery rate (10% to 800% in 10% step, default 100%)
  4. Contionous regeneration checkbox (20% of max health point every minute, default DISABLED)

:lol:

Quick question... where are you coming up with these numbers? 800%? That is almost 4 times the Casual damage modifier....

Doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. I think they actually made Casual a little too hard to tell the truth. Makes one think that they lost any clue what "Casual" aka Easy, means.

Truthfully, a lot of the complaints sometimes stem from the fact that people don't want to admit a game is a little too much on the hard side...and will vigorously deny it when questioned. However, as can be implied from ME2 data released, as well as other data given out in other places, many people quite games after a mere hour of play, and most play on casual. I find it hard to believe as many people are playing on hardcore their first go around as they claim.

The casual difficulty on DS3 should be eased up OR this other idea is a good one. I think that a LOT of the complaints are from people that fall into the category I just described above, but instead of claiming that will claim other things such as too little loot (must be too little loot or not enough variety, afterall with more loot they'd be kicking rear arse...right? Don't answer that, it's a sarcastic rhetorical question), or that the hirelings are stupid (afterall, if you are losing it can't possibly be because the game is too hard and you are dying...right...once again...sarcastic rhetorical question), or that the game is too linear (doesn't give you chance to build up your character, afterall, it must be because the game doesn't allow you to do anything but die...right...stop...don't answer...yep...you got it...sarcastic rhetorical question [we'll just call it srq from now on]).

This is something that I've observed in some of Obsidian games, at least more recently. Alpha Protocol also suffered from this (at least at first, and in at least one boss fight midway through if unprepared).

Once you get things down, the games become a LOT easier, and you can handle hardcore, but for first time goers, these games can be brutal. DS3 has this problem. I suspect that many SP players may give up at the first boss battle (freeing the prisoners) due to dying and getting frustrated. Bioware figured out this problem after ME1, and had ME2 casual as a true casual (though ME1 was only hard up until the first 6 hours and then was also pretty easy on easy)....and reaped many benefits. DA2 also got the casual thing going well, and was one thing they nailed...though they messed up in myriads of other ways.

So yes, I can see exactly what this person is asking...and agree 100%.

Furthermore, I think it would make it so as you get better at the game, and hardcore becomes easier and easier...that being able to ramp up enemy damage to you would be awesome...except instead of 800%...make it 1000% more damage at least.

Greylord, I like you as person, you and I share many opinions I have found. That, and you're intelligent.

But here is where I disagree with you as a hardcore gamer since 1984 ( I was 5 when I got my first video game system.. guess what it was) I have played more games than I could even begin to quantify. I always start off on Normal or Medium or what-have-you. And then move onto Hard/Hardcore/Nightmare/etc, but the one thing I have noticed on XBL is that almost all people I meet attempt to gain as many achievements as possible including the ones for beating the game on harder difficulties. Attempt is the keyword and I have noticed that some people ask for help from friends if they can get the cheevos from co-op play as well.

I also disagree that DS3 is hard on casual, I honestly found Normal (my first playthrough) to be challenging yet still easy. The only time I died was when I was fighting Rajani and I hadn't yet mastered the combat system, she was a massive scale-up in difficulty compared to previous bosses. WHICH I LOVED! I am actually so proud of Obsidian for this game, even if others can't see what I see in this game.

I still stand that as is this game is just two things away from perfect single player. Keymapping and New Game+ and I am getting one of those here soon. Here's to hoping for NG+ in the future. Hell, I would buy it as a stand-alone DLC mode. That's how much I want NG+ right now.

The casual difficulty on DS3 should be eased up OR this other idea is a good one.

Nonsense.

Hardcore is casual except for boss fights. If anything all difficulties should be increased so that hardcore is really hardcore and normal is not casual.

Greylord, I like you as person, you and I share many opinions I have found. That, and you're intelligent.

But here is where I disagree with you as a hardcore gamer since 1984 ( I was 5 when I got my first video game system.. guess what it was) I have played more games than I could even begin to quantify. I always start off on Normal or Medium or what-have-you. And then move onto Hard/Hardcore/Nightmare/etc, but the one thing I have noticed on XBL is that almost all people I meet attempt to gain as many achievements as possible including the ones for beating the game on harder difficulties. Attempt is the keyword and I have noticed that some people ask for help from friends if they can get the cheevos from co-op play as well.

I also disagree that DS3 is hard on casual, I honestly found Normal (my first playthrough) to be challenging yet still easy. The only time I died was when I was fighting Rajani and I hadn't yet mastered the combat system, she was a massive scale-up in difficulty compared to previous bosses. WHICH I LOVED! I am actually so proud of Obsidian for this game, even if others can't see what I see in this game.

I still stand that as is this game is just two things away from perfect single player. Keymapping and New Game+ and I am getting one of those here soon. Here's to hoping for NG+ in the future. Hell, I would buy it as a stand-alone DLC mode. That's how much I want NG+ right now.

Don't misunderstand me. I think the SP portion of the game rates up there as an 8-9 score, so pretty good in truth. Once I mastered the art of dodging, the game was pretty easy at all difficulties, became more of timing the dodge for me and hitting between that...oh...and deciding whether to ressurect my companion or leave them till the end of battle.

You can go back to areas (if you don't end the game) and enemies should respawn for you to kill until you get sick of killing. Nets you more gold to invest in the stores to see how much you can get.

I agree, I think it needs Key mapping, and NG+ would probably be nice.

Except for the first few bosses (the first time I played) I haven't found HC terribly difficult. Which isn't to say I don't sometimes take a lot of damage, or never ever die, and it's not to say I'm personally really fast. Still takes me a long time on boss fights because I must spend more than half the fight-time teleporting/dodging instead of attacking. :) Average time tends to be 5-6 mins. for me on HC (2nd playthrough, it was longer on the 1st).

I find it interesting that there aren't more boss-fight videos of DS on YT. Hardly any. Which is either a bad sign re: interest, or a sign that it's difficult to get a video where you look cool/uber/fast. :lol:

I actually agree with Greylord w/the notion that it's likely many players who buy the game may find the boss fights (first playthru) pretty difficult on Normal. Especially if they were hoping for a click-Diablo type combat game (the dodging etc. on PC can have a bad adjustment period). One has to remember that a lot of people who like to come on gaming forums to discuss the ins and outs and stats of games tend to be ... more hardcore, or more experienced w/difficulty mechanics/varied controls, or just plain stubborn, etc ... than the average, perhaps. Maybe. At any rate, imo games are generally designed to be difficult the first time or two through it. I rarely encounter a game that remains combat-difficult with several replays. By then you're yawning & if combat is the only feature you like about a game, you tend to move on. I didn't stick w/Diablo2 for 4 years because of combat (it was item hunting).

And yeah, I've been finding it fun to just kill stuff in one area until they give hardly any exp. before moving on. My pocketbook is a lot fatter & it's been nice to experiment w/some things because of it. I even found one regenerating chest (it respawns upon save reload). Which is probably a mistake, but I'm exploiting it while it's there. haha

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And yeah, I've been finding it fun to just kill stuff in one area until they give hardly any exp. before moving on. My pocketbook is a lot fatter & it's been nice to experiment w/some things because of it. I even found one regenerating chest (it respawns upon save reload). Which is probably a mistake, but I'm exploiting it while it's there. haha

Where? TELL ME NOW!

It's nothing special, just helps the pocketbook a little mostly. One of the chests in the Foundry, closer to the start then the end.

On the other hand, while mucking about with that, a random monster in one of the small 'mobs' I killed to get there dropped the Unique Halo One Eye or something, during one run. Surprised me because the enemy wasn't a boss, mini-boss or anything of that sort.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

While I am suggesting extra options (cheat) which adjust with custom setting, I also like to add coin drop slider 10% to 800% in 10% step (default 100%).

I have played Dungeon Siege I and Dungeon Siege II games. Only Dungeon Siege I game, anyone can "hack" repeatedly without have to dodge often if you select "EASY" difficulty level.

I am not experienced with dodging tactic yet in Dungeon Siege III so even "Casual" difficulty setting, boss fights are very difficult for me. My character died often in one big boss fight near Stonebridge.

I like Dungeon Siege III to have "Extended Option or Advanced Option" that allows anyone to "customize" individual parameters OR add "SUPER CASUAL" difficulty option which allows hacking enemies without have to dodge often.

It's nothing special, just helps the pocketbook a little mostly. One of the chests in the Foundry, closer to the start then the end.

On the other hand, while mucking about with that, a random monster in one of the small 'mobs' I killed to get there dropped the Unique Halo One Eye or something, during one run. Surprised me because the enemy wasn't a boss, mini-boss or anything of that sort.

I actually found 4 that respawn in the Foundry without needing to reload a save. Where you first get to the rotating platform with a switch just beyond a save point there is a room beyond it that has fire jackels in cages. Get those, go hit the switch on that side of the room, then go back and hit the switch on the other side to go back towards the save point... walk past it to the room with fire traps and a Cyclops and a bunch of gobs... now go back across the moving platform. TADA! 4 respawning chests that respawn when you change the rooms. You have to hit the switches though.

I was coming in to post that I realized there are more that respawn right at the beginning, too, just past that first walkway w/the flame spout lines (near the 2nd save point after you talk to the foreman guy who gives u the quest/instructions). The ones up the stairs in the small room w/the cyclops & another one under the walkway.

I'm beginning to think all the chests that are not the bigger, more deco-banded-gold glow-y chests will respawn in the foundry. Which makes me wonder if it is a boo-boo. Maybe it was intentional.