Change name from Obsidian Entertainment to "Obsid Entert"

I won't rag on any specific game because most of the ones you create are really wonderful games when they are finished...about a year after release. When you make a cooperative action RPG and the drops are skimpy and you subsequently tell us that you will add the normal amount of drops available in most other action RPGS through DLC or an addon, this is not what your consumers plop down $50 for. I have stopped getting excited about any of Obsidian's releases and will wait until they are in the bargain bins. That way, I know enough time has passed that the game is actually playable and finished through patches.

Please stop rushing things out. You're starting to get a bad rep. ;)

It is wrong that I imagine this same person complaining about a broken economy if there were more?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

DS III is probably the most finished and bug free Obsidian game.

Ya that is sad considering one of the bosses (maybe all I know atleast 1 for sure) has a predetermined drop. If drops are guaranteed it kind of loses the fun. =/

Funny thing is, if Obsidian listened to you, queue a thousand people going "OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT SO SOMETIMES BOSS DROPS THIS UNIQUE WEAPON AND SOMETIMES HE DOESN'T? OMG OBSIDIAN U SUCK WHY DONT I GET THIS DROP OMG OMG" :lol:

Doesn't mean you're wrong, but generally speaking, just means "this game doesn't do what I want" is not "this game is half done".

Funny thing is, if Obsidian listened to you, queue a thousand people going "OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT SO SOMETIMES BOSS DROPS THIS UNIQUE WEAPON AND SOMETIMES HE DOESN'T? OMG OBSIDIAN U SUCK WHY DONT I GET THIS DROP OMG OMG" :lol:

Doesn't mean you're wrong, but generally speaking, just means "this game doesn't do what I want" is not "this game is half done".

My sentiment exactly. In fact I have no idea what the OP is even talking about. There is plenty of loot in this game. Actually.... there is FAR more loot in this game than other "recent" additions to the dungeon-crawler RPG genre. *cough*DA2*cough*

I gotta admit this is a first for me. I've never seen anyone complain about a game due to the drops you get from enemies before. At least not as the reason they feel the game is unfinished/flawed.

Kudos to the OP.

I get the MP complaints (especially the tethered camera and the fact only the host can save), those seem like legitimate issues. But complaining about loot drops and having them actually affect whether you like/dislike a game? :lol:

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Seriously? I've never played any other Obsidian game other than Fallout: NV for two hours (had to turn it off because of how terrible it was)... Considering how bad DS3 is I can barely imagine how bad previous Obsidian titles are... =/

NWN2, Fallout:NV, and Dungeon Siege III are among some of my favorite gaming experiences of my life.

Comparing it against all other Obsidian games, its their most finished and by far most polished bug free product from them i've seen. Comparing it to the rest of the games that have come out this year so far, its one of the best in terms of polish, being finished, and being fun. Okay maybe fun is subject to opinion, but thats my opinion.

Hunted:The Demons Forge has a bug in the first 20 minutes of the game that if you aren't already aware of, you'll spend the next 30 minutes trying to figure out until you restart it and the guy finally does what he's supposed to do.

DSIII has no such bugs. The game from start to finish, and all side quests, are executed flawlessly. The boss fights are very well done and can be very challenging.

DSIII has no such bugs. The game from start to finish, and all side quests, are executed flawlessly. The boss fights are very well done and can be very challenging.

The only challenging part of boss fights are the all the additional mobs... the bosses themselves are easy as anything. This only tells me that Obsidian can't make challenging encounters without having to resort to spamming the player with lots of enemies... and this is only on hardcore.

Seriously? I've never played any other Obsidian game other than Fallout: NV for two hours (had to turn it off because of how terrible it was)... Considering how bad DS3 is I can barely imagine how bad previous Obsidian titles are... =/

You're suffering from an acute medical condition. It's called, "Being a Cynical A-hole".

Just thought I would let you know.

The only challenging part of boss fights are the all the additional mobs... the bosses themselves are easy as anything. This only tells me that Obsidian can't make challenging encounters without having to resort to spamming the player with lots of enemies... and this is only on hardcore.

I don't know about you, but the HC bosses were challenging enough for me to restart them a few times. But not impossible, and does not drag on unlike some other games with long boss fights due to their 383928392838293 hp bars.

I think generally bosses were a good balance - not too long because of super gigantic HP bars, and not too simple where you just figure out 1 thing and you could toy with them. A little more variation would have made things very interesting though - i.e. bosses that shake things up a bit more in HC mode, say, Rajani summoning hounds, Yaru-Yatum chasing you around, etc.

And certainly they pulled out all the stops with the final battles, they were awesome.

I think generally bosses were a good balance - not too long because of super gigantic HP bars, and not too simple where you just figure out 1 thing and you could toy with them. A little more variation would have made things very interesting though - i.e. bosses that shake things up a bit more in HC mode, say, Rajani summoning hounds, Yaru-Yatum chasing you around, etc.

And certainly they pulled out all the stops with the final battles, they were awesome.

I don't know. Rajani was hard enough for me in co-op due to the tethered camera on Hardcore. Overall, the difficulty is okay for me at Hardcore though and Normal was too easy.

Their only "unfinished" game was KOTOR II. even then it was a good game.

Yes, a whole lot better than KOTOR I, just like Fallout New Vegas is a whole lot better than Fallout 3 in every way you can think of.

I *love* Fallout:NV. I'm from Washington DC, so playing FO3 and running around nuked out DC was really cool. But the touches Obsidian added to NV reminded me of Fallout 2 and its sense of humor. Fallout/Elder Scrolls games always have a ton of bugs, but I think Bethesda's engine and the sheer scope of the game world are more to blame. That is a LOT of game to test and debug. I've played through FO:NV probably about 8 times now, and I don't think i've done every single quest. Love that game.

You're suffering from an acute medical condition. It's called, "Being a Cynical A-hole".

I'm proud of my cynicism and find it insulting that you list that person as one of us.

Take it back! *shakefist*

I have yet to play an aRPG that didn't have this mechanic in some form or another.

Sure Diablo was his own guy, but to get to him you had to break those seals and fight all those minions first. Same thing with Baal. It was the minions that were a pain sometimes, not the boss himself.

Darkstone, Torchlight, original DS's games...they all have some variation of huge mobs + boss. So claiming Obsidian "resorting" to this tactic is somehow uncommon or a poor design on their part feels a bit silly to me.

I did find Normal too easy in general however. But then I also found FNV too easy even on the hardest difficulty, and that was only after a few hours of playing that game...luckily that game has mods.

Companies aren't going to design difficulty around what the hardcore/obsessive/experienced gamer thinks should be really hard for fear of alienating potential masses. I think it's time they did, however, start offering more difficulty level options than "Easy/Normal/Hard". The game player is becoming more savvy and more experienced as a whole (perhaps) and in order to keep replayability the difficulty should be more scalable & customizable. imo.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm proud of my cynicism and find it insulting that you list that person as one of us.

Take it back! *shakefist*

Lulz