No more Exp?

Minnimaus

Question

Hi,

I have a problem, I recognized, today, that I do not gain any ExP from Monsters no more.

Only for Quests.

Before I saw in the bottom left corner where I see my Face and where I see the EXP Bar.

I'm now on level 22. Maybe its normal to gain no more EXP at this level...

But I thinks its total nonesense? Maybe you can help me.

ITS THE GERMAN PC VERSION.

Thanks in Advance

7 answers to this question

All or just some?

I noticed that "minions" that spawn during boss fights (ala the tribesmen during the fight with Maru-yatum) don't generate XP, so I'm wondering if that's what you're seeing.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

^^^

that fight is really frustrating on hardcore with the minions attacking you.

Also happens when fighting Drakomir if i remember well.

XP should counts always as long as your character is not lv 30 IMO.

The dev need fix that .

^^^^

That fight is actually fairly easy once you figure out that M-Y fires his green wavy energy thingies three times and then pauses.

Dodge, dodge, dodge, AoE and/or range attack on M-Y, one-hit kill the tribesmen to replenish Focus, repeat.

It takes a long time to kill him, but so long as you keep moving, you can get through that fight without taking any serious hits.

I can see why XP does accumulate in those fights as it would be quite easy to just sit there and grind out 5 levels in every boss fight.

Edited by Achilles

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

No,

I dont do gain any nomore... No matter if boss or minion or any normal enemy.

And as I said, I'm on lvl 22 and i only get the EXP from the Quest rewards.

Any ideas?

Edited by Minnimaus

Maybe your problem is that your over-leveled for where you are?

Well you could try this use Steams "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" option in the games properties, then Steam runs a quick check on your game files and fixes any errors it finds. It will rule of any chance of corruption of a data file.

There seems to be a "level cap" to areas. That is, yes you can be "over-leveled" for where you are. When you outgrow an area/level of monsters, instead of gaining only, say, 1-3 exp per kill, like many games do, you just get none. I noticed this early on when grinding for levels early in the game.

For instance, in the Glitter mines, when I hit lvl25, the exp. from killing stuff stopped abruptly. I can't remember exactly how much I was getting per kill, average, at clvl-24, but I know some were still giving 59xp and the like. Turned lvl-25 and it was immediately 0. Quest exp. only. (none was gained when I left Mines & went to finish the Foundry either, Foundry may stop earlier) I'm assuming when I reach the next main plot quest area it'll start again.

Whether this "exp gain cap" is intentional or not, I have no idea but I don't personally see it as a bug/problem (that areas stop giving exp. after a certain chr-lvl) - 1xp, 0 xp, either way, in a game, if you're grinding for lvls, it means it's time to move on.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I came across this myself over the week and came to the same conclusion as LadyCrimson.

Odd that they would put the level cap at 30 (and offer an achievement/trophy for hitting it) and then limit how much XP you can get. :)