Music

Gorth

Bask in the awsomeness of this:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A.A. Bondy ~ I Can See the Pines are Dancing

thanx again Drabek, he's become one of my all time favs

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

No the best song is the one from the beginning of Beauty and the Beast.

The Bells of Notre Dame is my favorite.

I found out about Lindsey Stirling over my holiday break and have become a pretty big fan.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

One of the better songs from the Todd and the Book of Pure Evil musical episode.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was going through some boxes in the guest room and came across some cd's I haven't listened to in a long time. I'd forgotten how much I love Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Listened to it with my new headphones. Awesome!!

I was going through some boxes in the guest room and came across some cd's I haven't listened to in a long time. I'd forgotten how much I love Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Listened to it with my new headphones. Awesome!!

“There is no dark side in the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"”

While I like DSotM, I probably like Wish You Were Here a little better. And of course Syd Barrett was a genius, so Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Saucerful of Secrets are must listens since he's on Piper (and possibly some of Secrets). Albums I always go back to (as well as some of their movie music, like Obscured by Clouds).

Also -

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On the second October 2010, U.S. President Barack Obama extended the ban on the sale balalaika in the U.S. until 2020. For ordinary Americans who want to enjoy the sounds of the balalaika, no other way but to make it yourself — buy a balalaika in the store will not be possible for at least another seven years.

This is absurd, but I am too lazy to google this.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It's not true - found about 3 websites selling and/or promoting balalaikas in the US in a matter of minutes and only one website mentioning a ban (which was incidentally a russian blog) sooo..

-

I'm not usually a big fan of folkish music, but I started listening to First Aid Kit and I really dig it.. I'm usually a pretty exclusive rock and electronics fan, so this is an interesting deviation :)

Fortune favors the bald.

little nostalgia. 1999 was an awesome year for music and movies.

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Gordon Lightfoot,

.  Canada, you have a treasure in this man.  If one were to have a song written about one's life, I think you could do little better than Gordon when he was in prime back in the 1970s. Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/