Music

Gorth

Yeah, Iron Man is a classic. I like a lot of Ozzy's solo stuff. Can't understand the drug mongering bastard, but he's had some great music, like Thank God for the Bomb, Crazy Train, and Diary of a Madman.

I was even more of a fan of Iron Maiden, though. Talk about music with real stories.

One of my alltime playlist titles is the Trooper.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Anvil - Metal on Metal

Band started off here too, which was a surprise. Heh, also the name of the application I work with.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Iron Maiden got big, but Riot are a better overall band, imo. I mean, just compare this to Maiden's recent stuff - and Riot have been around longer, too!

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Hey, Iron Maiden had some good music back in the day. A lot of songs pulled out of classic literature or ancient mythology.

I love this thread. My fave by far, getting to hear other folks music suggestions.

Right now, listening to one of my favorites from 80s era Men at Work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKPzEGCYZI

I think this video is the one they had on MTV back when they actually played music videos.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It reminds me of walking in the Scottish highlands last summer. I can imagine myself with a bottle of whiskey, a tweed jacket and a pipe. Sitting on top a corbett watching the wind blow down by the trees down at the glen, watching the larks dance in the air and the sheep quietly trimming the grass. Along the loch you can see some boats sailing towards the local port while the sun breaks through the clouds. That's the imagery that i get from this song.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It reminds me of walking in the Scottish highlands last summer.... Sitting on top a corbett watching the wind blow down by the trees down at the glen, watching the larks dance in the air and the sheep quietly trimming the grass. Along the loch you can see some boats sailing towards the local port while the sun breaks through the clouds.

Aye. Scotland's shatteringly dull, isn't it?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It reminds me of walking in the Scottish highlands last summer.... Sitting on top a corbett watching the wind blow down by the trees down at the glen, watching the larks dance in the air and the sheep quietly trimming the grass. Along the loch you can see some boats sailing towards the local port while the sun breaks through the clouds.

Aye. Scotland's shatteringly dull, isn't it?

How can you fail to appreciate one of the most beautiful countries in the world?

This is about a man who buries his rivals in the garden he's making for his lover.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i've been on a massive
binge lately

All I can say is, go back to the drugs.

Speaking of which:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbKzAzltTC8

Learned this guitar solo in a few hours. Fun, though pretty simple as far as Frank Aresti soloing goes - no tapping at all.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Shows you never get too old to learn something new. Stumbled across this video on TV a short while ago and actually liked it. Might have to check her discography.

Lana Del Rey - Video Games

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I like the music, and the visuals are pretty damn good. I'd say the Utah Salt Flats at dawn for the win there..

o O (and they left a 40 grand Yamaha piano alone, in the desert, for several hours in the early hours of the morning so they could shoot some more of the video elsewhere..then return for the dawn..)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Carl Albert rules.

I can play the first half of that solo, finally. Now I need to figure out what is actually being played during that crazy legato in the second half...

Some township guitar playing.

Drives me nuts to see talent like this sitting in a dusty alley and half-baked greenhorns flooding the domestic airwaves.

-Elwood Blues

Video is so awful, but catchy

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Video is so awful, but catchy

ROFL. Brings back memories.

-Elwood Blues

is my favorite guitar still pic sorry no music, guys.

:lol:

-Elwood Blues