Music

Gorth

I accidently stumbled upon this while browsing for music from war movies. Quite unusual but an excellent surprise. Maybe i should try to watch the movie as well.

There's also a

as well. Quite ironic how such a simple melody from a war movie can make a grown man feel like he is at peace with everything.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For a bit of tranquility I'm listening to acollection of pieces sung by the contralto Marian Anderson. Personally I find opera singers hard to tell apart, but her choice of works is compelling in itself.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The acoustic version like this is so much better then the electronic one.

Cruxshadows can be a bit hit or miss at times, but when they're good, they tend to be really good.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Cruxshadows can be a bit hit or miss at times, but when they're good, they tend to be really good.

Agreed. Have mostly found them to be "miss", but then again I'm a fan of the stompier stuff. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I like the Metalized album of theirs.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yet another new Riot song. This album is looking like it'll be better than Thundersteel, even.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Was sorting through and throwing out some old "junk". I hate throwing out stuff. Never know if that C64 magazine from 1984 turns out to contain useful info again :)

Found some old casette tapes too, although I haven't had a player (not even a walkman) for the last decade. Managed to decode some of the almost faded pen writing on the sleeve. Damn there was some music worth recording from the radio back then. That is, if you had the patience to sit and lurk with the fingers on the Record and Play buttons >_

Tried to find some of these old concerts on dvd, but the closest I got was vhs. *Sigh!*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Saxon - The Eagle Has Landed

Continuing my trend of finding out bands everyone else has known about forever :lol:

I still remember seeing them live about 15-20 years ago. Great fun :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I know it only underlines my being a wanker, but I was really in the mood for this as the late autumn sunshine blasts in:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bah, give me Cantaloupe Island instead. I mean, it's funky, but it really is biting Herbie Hanco.ck something awful.

I really like it when the lyrics come to the foreground to such an extent that you listen to them and try and figure them out right then and there. It's what Dylan could do.

That, and this

Watched Midnight in Paris. Cole Porter is so overated. This guy... funky as hell.

Edit : retarded language filter.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Watched Midnight in Paris. Cole Porter is so overated. This guy... funky as hell.

That's a heck of a good flick.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Bob Dylan - Mississippi

off the Bootleg vol. 8 I believe. This song is amazing.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.