So, poison is the only statistic that gives heavy damage over 9 seconds with moderate chance, everything else has moderate or low damage with moderate or low chance with 6 seconds or less.

Am I missing something here, why would you then ever use fire or lightning or bloodletting or anything else instead of poison? Is there some fire or lightning property/effect that is not in the description?

I don't have an answer, but semi-related, I was playing a couple days ago and found myself idly wondering if there were any resistance factors in the game. If there are, they must be hidden, because none of the skills/items seem to reference any.

Anyway, outside of a resistance concept, the only thing I can think of offhand as a possible answer to your question is...that it might be that poison as a whole does less damage per second than the others, so heavy damage over 9 seconds is actually about an equal total damage as, say, moderate lightning over 6 seconds. Meaning they'd be about the same. Dunno tho...just a guess possibility. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Don't elemental attacks have effects besides damage?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, it sais nothing about additional effects besides for Chaos: Withering and Weakening, so I'm assuming the elemental Chaos stats just have nothing additional ( although to be hones I haven't any empirical proof, as I haven't been observing their functions that much).

I haven't really paid any attention to the numbers commonly associated with a stat but here's an idea: the documentation for elemental chaos stats sais that x deals low/moderate/heavy damage, but in the general chaos stat description it sais damage is associated with how high the chaos statistic is.

Now it could be that an item just generally gets properties added to it and the values are derived from the gear level/rarity.

Building on that it could be that the descriptions just say how high the numbers will be relative to the item. So for example if an item has property Chaos: Fire - 20, then if the same item had poison on it it would be 50 or if it had ice for example it would be 5. Am I making sense? Of course this is just an idea, sadly I've scarcely the time to test anything lately.

Don't elemental attacks have effects besides damage?

Ice has slowing effect, nothing else for any other statistic is described. What effects would fire and lightning have to warrant their usage over poison which has higher damage, same chance, over longer time?

Lightning could have an interrupt effect, for example. Poison could cause a reduction in stats. Fire could be just straight up damage; or it could cause your character to do the funky chicken, thus wresting away control of your character.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well for fire (burn) there's talents on the fire girl that gives special abilities 100% chance of applying it, so I guess this is why fire/burn is weaker than poison. Lucas does the same for Bleed via talents (100%). The rest has some kind of bonus secondary effect apart from lighting (the odd ball stat.

BTW Bloodletting/Bleed is another odd ball one with its high chance of moderate damage over 6 secs.

TBH I would like to know more about these effects like what is high moderate and low chances?

And what damage does a low medium and heavy damage type do with power X? I know that high numbers means more damage/secondary effect for weakening etc.

Well for fire (burn) there's talents on the fire girl that gives special abilities 100% chance of applying it, so I guess this is why fire/burn is weaker than poison. Lucas does the same for Bleed via talents (100%). The rest has some kind of bonus secondary effect apart from lighting (the odd ball stat.

Maybe the mage utilizes lightning via a talent?

Ice has slowing effect, nothing else for any other statistic is described. What effects would fire and lightning have to warrant their usage over poison which has higher damage, same chance, over longer time?

If it's 'same chance', then I think the advantage of Fire and Lightning is in the items you find : high-level fire/lightning items can easily have a 50+ effect, a lot less for Poison. Basically, it means that the Fire and Lightning effect have a higher chance to happen than the Poison effect.

This reminds me of Diablo1, where certain ppl spent a long time figuring out all the math for the spell & attribute effects....good times.

I'd guess Sannom is probably closest....judging from the numbers on the items anyway. I rarely (yet) see Ice as a very high stat (2,3,6, etc) per individual item, while Doom can be very high (I've seen 127 at least). Lightning seems to have moderately high possible number, Fire maybe a little less so...not sure about Poison, haven't paid much attention to that, but seems like it's usually lower Fire/Lightning. Bloodletting is typically fairly low too - not as low as Ice but pretty low stat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i did never see the effect of poison working even if i have a weapons with 60 chaos poison. Something must be wrong because the others chaos effect works very well.

Edited by Alpha

Hm. Now I'll have to pay more attention to that. Must admit I haven't been very observant with dmg stuff this game. Hasn't been my focus. I can't recall ever seeing any poison effect either, tho...at least nothing on the scope of glowing green gas aura or some such. But then I haven't noticed anything from Lightning either, outside of the graphic effect on the weapon/fist. There's usually too much chaos going on for me to gauge what dmg is causing what during a fight or even hear specific sounds. Only one I notice is Fire, because well, they're on fire. ;)

Does anyone know if such attacks stack?

For example, if you have a weapon that deals fire damage and you get its activation 2 times in a row do you then get double damage or does the first activated damage have to expire before second is activated?

Hm. Now I'll have to pay more attention to that. Must admit I haven't been very observant with dmg stuff this game. Hasn't been my focus. I can't recall ever seeing any poison effect either, tho...at least nothing on the scope of glowing green gas aura or some such. But then I haven't noticed anything from Lightning either, outside of the graphic effect on the weapon/fist. There's usually too much chaos going on for me to gauge what dmg is causing what during a fight or even hear specific sounds. Only one I notice is Fire, because well, they're on fire. :thumbsup:
Lightning , fire and ice works for me , i can notice the effects in the enemies...but not poison.

Does anyone know if such attacks stack?

For example, if you have a weapon that deals fire damage and you get its activation 2 times in a row do you then get double damage or does the first activated damage have to expire before second is activated?

I would like to know if these chaos elemental effects are cumulative with Rinehart's and Anjali's elemental like attacks. Also, are the chaos effects only applied when using the basic attacks or also for abilities?

Inquiring minds would like to know. :-D

If an effect triggers more times it just overwrites the previous ones. You can't stack them on someone. Same goes for the character abilities. Just keep in mind that if an attack looks like it's elemental, it doesn't mean it has some special effect on it unless it sais so on the ability.