Keybinding and Move Left/Right Patch

I thought weeks have 7 days.

Well a patch is probably not gonna release on saturday or sunday.

Theres still some time though to release the patch. Hopefully it arrives.

Alvin/Nathaniel were absent from the boards this week. This actually makes me very worried. Hope its not gonna end in a AP like Situation.

I thought weeks have 7 days.

Normal weeks, yeah.

Game developer weeks, no.

Unless they're on a deadline/crunch to get a game published last second or something, most of their "normal business" stuff is done Mon-Fri. There's always exceptions, but for the most part, in any company, for any game, anywhere, you're not going to see updates to the game occur on a Saturday or Sunday.

So, the bottom line remains: It's toward the end of Friday, and still no patch. They said it'd be out this week.

What gives?

"Alien"

P.S.

That was posted 8 days ago, btw, if you want to reaaaaly get technical about it.

Edited by AlienOne

And that's why developers hate to give deadlines for patches.

Because you know, what happens when you try and get into a highly complex set of code that has myriad dependencies on each other, and change a couple of things? Other stuff breaks. And you have to fix that. And test. and fix. And test.

(Because this patch is meant to contain bugfixes, etc., not just keybinding, remember.)

And that's why developers hate to give deadlines for patches.

Because you know, what happens when you try and get into a highly complex set of code that has myriad dependencies on each other, and change a couple of things? Other stuff breaks. And you have to fix that. And test. and fix. And test.

(Because this patch is meant to contain bugfixes, etc., not just keybinding, remember.)

Yeah right. But you know as a customer it is my right to know why there is a delay (if there is). Silence is no communication to treat the buying community.

Changelog

Keybinding has now been implemented into Dungeon Siege III

Added two new controls that will allow the players to move left or right. This is included on the keybinding screen.

Fixes an issue where the gamepad would default to on, even if you have no gamepad plugged in.

Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where if either the host or the client is using a gamepad and are playing with someone who is using the mouse/keyboard, the host hangs when switching to the ending cutscene.

Fixed an issue with certain graphic cards where it would occasionally display large black pixels in the middle of the screen.

Fixed a potential crash when players try to reconnect after disconnecting during a conversation.

We've implemented a fix that will revert the A/D reversed issue for people that are still reporting this issue.

Fixed a potential crash when players would join a Multiplayer game in a certain order.

Just checked, keybinding & strafe should solve 95% of the controls problems. :)

Pity about no camera changes (yet?), but that was expected.

OK, for those of you who have the game and the patch (I've only played the demo and am holding off on buying the game until my issues are fixed):

- Does this keybinding patch allow rebinding of mouse keys?

- Is it possible to bind "mouse controls camera rotate/tilt" to the right mouse button?

OK, for those of you who have the game and the patch (I've only played the demo and am holding off on buying the game until my issues are fixed):

- Does this keybinding patch allow rebinding of mouse keys?

- Is it possible to bind "mouse controls camera rotate/tilt" to the right mouse button?

-Yes

-You can't really tilt the camera as there are two fixed positions as of now but you can rotate it and bind it to the right button.

-You can't really tilt the camera as there are two fixed positions as of now but you can rotate it and bind it to the right button.
Cool. Is the camera rotation slow like it was when you could use alt or whatever to rotate the camera with the mouse, or is it fast / adjustable? Edited by gaesadair