Keybinding and Move Left/Right Patch

So, anyone who thinks a game is bad is a "little whiny sh***"? I've seen numerous user reviews giving valid reasons for this game being bad, and none of them seemed whiny to me.

Yes that's exactly the issue. There are many people on here dissatisfied with the game that simply post suggestions on how it could be improved either now or in the future.

However the majority of the "haters" have only come here and flamed. What gets accomplished by saying "this game sucks" and leaving it at that? Nothing.

Yes there are a lot of people here "whining" mostly because this game isn't exactly like DSI and II. When you moan and complain without and deliberation on how to improve the game or maybe even a simple suggestion of "hey you could change this, or implement this" that's all you're doing is whining.

And these are exactly the people I am referring to. And these individuals are the same people who can't just accept anything in life and like it. Or they only like one type of game and anything beyond that "sucks" to them.

I only wish that every thread on this forum wouldn't be hijacked by the people complaining. By all means create your own thread for the debate. I created one specifically for suggestions to improve the game. But each one gets interrupted by people screaming about how this game sucks.

I just want to hear peoples constructive feedback and suggestions. I don't want to sit here mopping up tears from broken dreams all day long.

I only wish that every thread on this forum wouldn't be hijacked by the people complaining. By all means create your own thread for the debate. I created one specifically for suggestions to improve the game. But each one gets interrupted by people screaming about how this game sucks.

I just want to hear peoples constructive feedback and suggestions. I don't want to sit here mopping up tears from broken dreams all day long.

Oh, the irony. =P

Congratulating a developer of PC games for putting keymapping in their games, is like congratulating a car manufacturer for putting wheels on their cars... or congratulating a brewer for putting beer in bottles.

Fully agree with this. Seems like they are only aware of the lack of keymapping because of user fury/complaints. If DS3 had a more-or-less conventional control and required less key combinations to work, that would have been less of an issue.

Anyway gameplay experience will be certainly much improved when the patch is here.

Congratulating a developer of PC games for putting keymapping in their games, is like congratulating a car manufacturer for putting wheels on their cars... or congratulating a brewer for putting beer in bottles.

Fully agree with this. Seems like they are only aware of the lack of keymapping because of user fury/complaints. If DS3 had a more-or-less conventional control and required less key combinations to work, that would have been less of an issue.

Anyway gameplay experience will be certainly much improved when the patch is here.

If they fix the PC controls and the camera, they'll probably be a decent surge in the online community for all 3 platforms. Even though I don't have trouble finding games now and I prefer to play with my buds anyway, it's always good to have a decent online community. And we all want the camera fixed anyway.

Never gonna happens this forums have a big haters audience that hang around in the forums more than the gamers that really enjoy Obsidian games,.

Never gonna happens this forums have a big haters audience that hang around in the forums more than the gamers that really enjoy Obsidian games,.

Yeah, your telling me. As an Obsidian supporter you get called "fanboy" or something else equally foolish and retarded. But here's the thing IF I am a "fanboy" or anything it would be video-games. I don't care who they come from, if it's a good game I'll like it and support the company for a job well done and I'll be likely to buy their games in the future.

Hanging around to hate just for the reason of hating shows that you have no life.

But we are supposed to be talking about the patch... so to get back on topic.

I'm glad that they are listening to fan/buyer feedback and we are getting the patch. I wonder if they heard the request for NG+ and/or Arena modes. I've seen modes added as DLC (both free and paid for) before, one example would be Ninja Gaiden (XBOX) when they got Mission mode.

I'm glad that they are listening to fan/buyer feedback and we are getting the patch. I wonder if they heard the request for NG+ and/or Arena modes. I've seen modes added as DLC (both free and paid for) before, one example would be Ninja Gaiden (XBOX) when they got Mission mode.

Hmmm... I doubt any kind of DLC will be released like that for this game, but I have to admit that it would be pretty damn awesome if it was, heh. :facepalm:

Hmmm... I doubt any kind of DLC will be released like that for this game, but I have to admit that it would be pretty damn awesome if it was, heh. :facepalm:

Modes like NewGame+ and Arena are easily designed and easily implemented. There is little to no story to write and only a small fraction of existing code would need to be modified. And I am sure if the asking price was reasonable a lot of fans would pay for them. So that would be a payoff vs. man hours. Little work for more money. And the other dozen ways to simplify the business concept.

Think about it... as a Lead Producer you answer to higher company positions on budget management and maximizing profit potentials.

Would it be more profitable to release products that require little in the way of production costs?

OR

Would it be more profitable to risk a large project that costs a considerable amount of money to design and develop, which could possibly fall flat?

Hmmm... I doubt any kind of DLC will be released like that for this game, but I have to admit that it would be pretty damn awesome if it was, heh. :lol:

Modes like NewGame+ and Arena are easily designed and easily implemented. There is little to no story to write and only a small fraction of existing code would need to be modified. And I am sure if the asking price was reasonable a lot of fans would pay for them. So that would be a payoff vs. man hours. Little work for more money. And the other dozen ways to simplify the business concept.

Think about it... as a Lead Producer you answer to higher company positions on budget management and maximizing profit potentials.

Would it be more profitable to release products that require little in the way of production costs?

OR

Would it be more profitable to risk a large project that costs a considerable amount of money to design and develop, which could possibly fall flat?

Yup Arena needs no story what so ever. Just give me some space for my buddies and I to endlessly crunch baddies wave after wave.

Ok, the keybinding makes me curious about this game again (I am left handed). But.. you guys hoping for a new camera in multiplayer.. I can bet my left nut on it being a too huge undertaking for a patch. Maybe in an expansion?

Have you ever heard of a game called Sins of a Solar Empire? One of the first patches for that game was a camera fix.

I'm not saying it has never happened or never will. But I think Obsidian had a good reason for not including separate cameras for everyone in co-op in the first place, and it wasn't to screw with the multiplayer fans.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ok, the keybinding makes me curious about this game again (I am left handed). But.. you guys hoping for a new camera in multiplayer.. I can bet my left nut on it being a too huge undertaking for a patch. Maybe in an expansion?

Have you ever heard of a game called Sins of a Solar Empire? One of the first patches for that game was a camera fix.

I'm not saying it has never happened or never will. But I think Obsidian had a good reason for not including separate cameras for everyone in co-op in the first place, and it wasn't to screw with the multiplayer fans.

I see the logic in the current camera. Its so in coop you can see everything your buddies are doing in the midst of combat, and with 4 players it is quite impressive to watch. What doesn't work in practice is the camera jostling around just because your companions are shifting position at the extreme edges of the screen. This effect can actually trap you in the middle of an open field simply because the other characters are tethering the camera in the opposite direction.

I'd rather chance missing some awesome move my buddy is doing, and instead not die because I couldn't dodge the 14 lightning bolts the boss is chucking at me.

There any word on this? Anybody know anything? I thought the blog said it was coming out this week, but still nothing, and it's nearing the end of the week. Would have been nice to get it at the start of my summer break, not at the end of it....lol

"Alien"

the only thing i can think of - reason the patch being late and no word - is that its going to be part of a franchise deal on steam sometime in the next couple days.

the patch would add one of those 'ticket' achievements and thats what they are waiting for, and why they havent said anything.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "ticket achievement" on Steam?

As to the MP camera...someone suggested just lengthening the "tether" by a little bit. Don't know if that's possible but if it is, seems like a decent solution. Let the player wander a little further out of the fov of the others, but still not enough to allow independent wandering off etc.

They could allow for a longer zoom-out for a bigger fov, which would be another way to handle it, but I have a feeling there's a good reason for not having that in the first place...such as doing so might mean you'd end up seeing the edges of the cells/area borders or something to that effect. Maybe not tho...just a thought.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "ticket achievement" on Steam?
Steam is running a promotion with its summer sale. Each day it reveals new achievements in participating games. Do these achievements and you get a ticket. Tickets can be used towards prizes.

I doubt that's what is delaying the patch.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes, I suspect it's a much more mundane reason of (1) patch runs into last minute bug/trouble, or (2) annoying Steam/xbox/etc certification.

Thanks for the replies... I don't frequent many game developer's forums where they actually have mods that regularly stop by and try to answer questions without belittling the person who asks the questions.

I'm willing to bet it's a Steam certification issue.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes out tomorrow, so I at least have a few days to play it before I have to start classes again!

"Alien"

I don't care what problems they ran into once again this company is doing so bad business by lying to their customers and continuing to fail to make this game playable, so far me and a group of people here www.blogspot.com/65032856 have returned a total of 185 copies of the game and climbing, come join us force Obsidian into making their games playable by putting their full development team back on this game, instead of the 1-2 people they have supporting it now.

I don't care what problems they ran into once again this company is doing so bad business by lying to their customers and continuing to fail to make this game playable, so far me and a group of people here www.blogspot.com/65032856 have returned a total of 185 copies of the game and climbing, come join us force Obsidian into making their games playable by putting their full development team back on this game, instead of the 1-2 people they have supporting it now.

The only thing you idiots are contributing to is that work on the game will be fully stopped.

Also this could have plenty of reasons why the actual release is out of their hands. Certification as already mentioned for example.

Edited by C2B

haters are so ridiculous.