Keybinding and Move Left/Right Patch

There are a lot of issues on the console version.

There are no issues that all the versions don't share, beyond keymapping for PC. In other words, the issues that are present on consoles are also present on PC. PC players are getting keymapping... that's it.

Isn't fair fix only the PC version so PC gamers can enjoy it more than console gamers. Falcon ..why facepalm ? Console gamers have the same right that PC gamers. I know Obsidian support their games ; but in this case seems that consoles versions aren't getting nothing..

I think you are under the wrong impression. After keymapping and platform specific bug fixes, what PC players get, console players get. You're crying about spilled milk and the milk isn't even yours to worry about. Seriously. You're whining about PC players getting a Keymapping patch... Keymapping is something that is supposed to be in EVERY GAME that is released for the PC platform.

Don't think I'm trying to undermine you. But instead I'm just pointing out that this "hot fix" doesn't even concern you, as a console player. Any further improvements to the game after this will be across ALL platforms. So relax.

You misunderstood my post...no i am not crying i am just giving my point of view. I know consoles don't need key mapping . I am just saying that because i read in the Update thread that camera issues would not be possible to fix on consoles like other things. Maybe you find that fair because you have a PC version so no need to "whine" at all like you say.

Edited by Alpha

You misunderstood my post...no i am not crying i am just giving my point of view. I know consoles don't need key mapping . I am just saying that because i read in the Update thread that camera issues would not be possible to fix on consoles like other things. Maybe you find that fair because you have a PC version so no need to "whine" at all like you say.

And who said that camera issues can't be fixed on consoles as well? A forumite? A moderator? A developer?

It's important WHO said that. Until a developer says that... it's not true. And if/when a developer says it... what they mean is not that it's not possible, but that they won't be bothered to do it. And as a student pursuing a career in game development... I know it's entirely possible. I've worked in the game industry as a QA tester and apprentice programmer for the past 5 years, so I know what I'm talking about. They can fix the camera for consoles as well. It's as simple as a patch.

Edited by XxTaLoNxX

I don't know how easy or hard it would be to fix the cameras. To me it simply looks like you could just keep whatever code says to keep players within a certain distance, and just stop it from the dramatic shift when people join. Basically leave it on the same single player camera there is no need to change it.

And the mechanics are clearly in place for this somehow. When you're doing any battle especially boss battles in large areas, your computer buddy can run where ever he wishes without interrupting your camera.

I imagine the same fix for consoles would be the same on PC's.

Once the camera is fixed, DS3's multi-player will get a huge boost in awesomeness. I'd say if the entire community took a vote, now that PC controls are getting fixed, Camera would be the #1 please fix on the list.

Then fix the loot issue plus the gear generation/mastery thing for joining a mp game, and it's flawless in my eyes.

Then we just need DLC :lol:

I don't know how easy or hard it would be to fix the cameras.

It's actually not easy. I can admit that. First, there is the Microsoft memory limits on patches, and thus a patch even for a camera issue has to fit. Second, a complete rewrite of code and another code to nullify the original code. It's not easy, there is a significant amount of work involved. But it is far from impossible... however the main issue is the decisions to weigh what is most important. A patch to fix a camera issue means less space for DLC and future patches (eff you Microsoft) and since Obsidian is a most fair developer there is almost no chance that they would work out a separate patch for PC and PS3.

This isn't meant to discourage people but I am just trying to shed some light on patch situations in the current market strictly because of Microsoft and their failings with the Xbox platform's "small print" that limits developer support for games. For more information you can easily find this information by Googling "Xbox DLC and patch limitations".

I don't know how easy or hard it would be to fix the cameras.

It's actually not easy. I can admit that. First, there is the Microsoft memory limits on patches, and thus a patch even for a camera issue has to fit. Second, a complete rewrite of code and another code to nullify the original code. It's not easy, there is a significant amount of work involved. But it is far from impossible... however the main issue is the decisions to weigh what is most important. A patch to fix a camera issue means less space for DLC and future patches (eff you Microsoft) and since Obsidian is a most fair developer there is almost no chance that they would work out a separate patch for PC and PS3.

This isn't meant to discourage people but I am just trying to shed some light on patch situations in the current market strictly because of Microsoft and their failings with the Xbox platform's "small print" that limits developer support for games. For more information you can easily find this information by Googling "Xbox DLC and patch limitations".

That's good to know I will go look that up.

@soomon: That's a funny way of saying thank you.

Way to deliver Obsidian :lol:

Yeah, kudos on putting in a feature that should've been in the game from the very beginning.

Quit whining and just be thankful. Many developers produce completely garbage games and don't fix them hardly at all, and then the fixes are also garbage. IE. Brink and Splash Damage.

Quality is besides the issue. I doubt whether Brink and Splash Damage have unmappable keys.

Congratulating a developer of PC games for putting keymapping in their games, is like congratulating a car manufacturer for putting wheels on their cars... or congratulating a brewer for putting beer in bottles.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Very good that Obsidian added key binding but my major problem is New Game+! I bought the game on 17th and after 3-4 days i finished the game, after that it's just dust on that Blu-Ray. In a Dungeon Crawler you must have the ability to create a new game with your character and kill monsters, level up and of course get better items. This "feature" is missing therefore there is no point in playing this game. This is not an Adventure game geez...In White Knight Chronicles you are able to make the campaine again with your high level character and on top of that you have tons of side missions that can be played solo or multi player and because of that you can find new, better items, level up more. Even FFXIII in all that linearity you still have an open area ( Grand Pulse ) where you have 63 side quests. What i am saying is that all RPGs have post game content and not via DLC. I play RPGs because i like to collect items and try different builds but Dungeon Siege III does not allow me to do anything of that, just like Dragon Age 2 ( re-play the game so you can chose different options in dialogs, pretty lame imo ). Check the bloody internet and see the definition of this genre!

Just learn from the best, Diablo II a game made 11 years ago and still battle.net has 200k+ active users. Since version 1.07 till 1.13 you got tons of new items, crafting recipes and unique online items, all for free. Dungeon Siege III at this stage fails badly as an Dungeon Crawler therefor it will be forgotten very soon because you don't have why to go in-game. And there is no comparative between Hardcore difficulty from Dungeon Siege III and Diablo II, i would really like to see how many legit players made it to Baal on Hell HC single player. And not mention all the variables from Diablo ( resistance, life/mana leach, damage reduction, faster hit recovery, chance to block, attack rating, Deadly Strike, Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Damage to Demons/Undead and many many many other things + the random stats on the charms, you cannot find 2 identical characters)

very we put this is the exact response i had i was expecting a real dungeon game and got ripped off in other terms unplayable MP with crap camera and from what i read about 7-10h game play with no options to continue your character or rerun boss's for loot i said in another forum they should always take the game play from diablo 2 and work off its mechanics

currently ive only played 1 hour of ds3 and couldnt stand it im preying for camera fix, new game +, more difficulty options,more loot options hell the list goes on but many others have mentioned this so im gonna wait for a good 4-5GB patch to add in well pretty much a new game

very we put this is the exact response i had i was expecting a real dungeon game and got ripped off in other terms unplayable MP with crap camera and from what i read about 7-10h game play with no options to continue your character or rerun boss's for loot i said in another forum they should always take the game play from diablo 2 and work off its mechanics

currently ive only played 1 hour of ds3 and couldnt stand it im preying for camera fix, new game +, more difficulty options,more loot options hell the list goes on but many others have mentioned this so im gonna wait for a good 4-5GB patch to add in well pretty much a new game

Lol wut? Seriously, I tried to follow... but your horrid sentence structure made it near impossible. 4-5GB patch? Lol that will never happen with ANY multiplatform game that includes XBOX360.

First - The game is 5.16 GB on PC already. And it's not a small game by any means. So wanting another 4-5GB patch is just... I don't even know how to say it without being banned.

Second - Fixing the camera + adding NG+ would only amount to MAYBE 500MB. And that is probably an overestimate.

Third - Over half of the games I have EVER played have only 3 difficulty options.

Fourth - Loot options? I've heard this argument already and here is my in depth rebuttal below.

If little whiny sh*** would stop calling the game a bad game and would actually enjoy the game and spread the word that it's a good game, the game would sell more. More sales equals DLC possibilities. As it is now, I am starting to get the feeling that because DS3 is getting unfair "hate" by cynical a-holes who are telling everyone not to bother with the game... well we may not actually get any DLC for a game that has endless DLC possibilities. And with DLC comes more loot. Also for PC players, IF the fan-base was big enough and in constant demand of a toolkit, we might get one. Because I have seen developers tell fans they won't get one and then after about a year of persistent demanding/pleading from a highly dedicated fan-base... they cave.

So in summery, sthu and just enjoy playing video games. This industry is becoming a f***ing barren landscape filled with cynical little sh**s who bitch, whine and complain until they are blue in the face and persuade other people from buying games. This leads to less money for awesome developers to make better games, and then we sit back and have to watch as they go bankrupt and disappear. Then the market gets flooded with CoD and b.s. games like Brink and DA2. SO STHU!

Lol wut? Seriously, I tried to follow... but your horrid sentence structure made it near impossible. 4-5GB patch? Lol that will never happen with ANY multiplatform game that includes XBOX360.

First - The game is 5.16 GB on PC already. And it's not a small game by any means. So wanting another 4-5GB patch is just... I don't even know how to say it without being banned.

Second - Fixing the camera + adding NG+ would only amount to MAYBE 500MB. And that is probably an overestimate.

Third - Over half of the games I have EVER played have only 3 difficulty options.

Fourth - Loot options? I've heard this argument already and here is my in depth rebuttal below.

If little whiny sh*** would stop calling the game a bad game and would actually enjoy the game and spread the word that it's a good game, the game would sell more. More sales equals DLC possibilities. As it is now, I am starting to get the feeling that because DS3 is getting unfair "hate" by cynical a-holes who are telling everyone not to bother with the game... well we may not actually get any DLC for a game that has endless DLC possibilities. And with DLC comes more loot. Also for PC players, IF the fan-base was big enough and in constant demand of a toolkit, we might get one. Because I have seen developers tell fans they won't get one and then after about a year of persistent demanding/pleading from a highly dedicated fan-base... they cave.

So in summery, sthu and just enjoy playing video games. This industry is becoming a f***ing barren landscape filled with cynical little sh**s who bitch, whine and complain until they are blue in the face and persuade other people from buying games. This leads to less money for awesome developers to make better games, and then we sit back and have to watch as they go bankrupt and disappear. Then the market gets flooded with CoD and b.s. games like Brink and DA2. SO STHU!

11l4yfk.gif

Heh... Sorry. I saw this earlier today and couldn't help myself after reading that post. :sorcerer:

Edited by hopfrog16

I do like the part about 5gb not being a small game, i dont know what games you have been playing but most games for the pc 4-5gb is the standard for a small game, most games run over 5gb now

And you know that GB are totally useless to determine how much content a game has? Do you know that just by stripping out videos from games you can bring most games down to -~4GB?

Mass Effect 2 for example can be brought down to 4GB by "just" reducing the video quality. Not removing anything.

The Force Unleashed 2 has only content for 3-4 hours yet it is like 13GB. Edit: (though I don't have TFU2 so thats just from heresay)

Edited by C2B

Actually, to fix the camera and a NG+ mode I think could be done under 50mb...or even maybe under 10mb...a far cry from even the 500mb.

As for the first post...I'm a little confused. If I understand Darkstarxxx correctly, he/she has only played 1 hour? But is already wanting new game+...though they couldn't stand the 1 hour they played of it?

Am I missing something here?

If one can't stand one hour of the game...why would they be begging for a New Game + already?

Scratching my head on this one.

Ok, the keybinding makes me curious about this game again (I am left handed). But.. you guys hoping for a new camera in multiplayer.. I can bet my left nut on it being a too huge undertaking for a patch. Maybe in an expansion?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ok, the keybinding makes me curious about this game again (I am left handed). But.. you guys hoping for a new camera in multiplayer.. I can bet my left nut on it being a too huge undertaking for a patch. Maybe in an expansion?

Have you ever heard of a game called Sins of a Solar Empire? One of the first patches for that game was a camera fix.

Wasn't NWN2 patched in a better camera as well?

yes, obsidian patched all sorts of things into the games user interface based on feedback and moaning.

it took them a while, but they did it. so itll likely take a while here aswell.

at least they are doing something. mage knight apocalypse was never patched, nor was dawn of magic. at least obsidian arent as bad as that when given the option to patch.

Thank goodness... I had dropped playing the game out of frustration for not being able to move around like I wanted or remap keys in a manner more suiting to my style of play, so I'll definitely start playing it again... Looking forward to it! I've got a week off for summer break too, so if they release it earlier in the week, then I'll be spending a LOT of time with it! o:)

"Alien"

It isn't the fault of the customer if they don't enjoy a product. Your assessment of the industry is different than mine as well. I think game developers are trying to hard to please "bigger audiences" by catching some kind of crossover audience purchases. Study the genre of games you make and try to make the best one in the genre. The reason why certain features become kind of standard is because people really enjoy them. After Halo on original Xbox their control scheme became the default for console shooters. Gamers, by and large, loved it. Likewise with replayability options and continued advancement of a character in ARPG's ... people love this part of ARPG's and to ignore it is grievous error. The folks who are fine with a single playthrough won't be hurt by having more replayability options but the other crowd will greatly benefit. Even casual gamers benefit from a game with a thriving hardcore fanbase.

If game developers keep streamlining away features that ADD REAL VALUE to a game in favor of "pretty graphics" and "voice acting" then I hope a bunch of them do go out of business because it will mean that gamers are starting to demand more features and more gameplay options for their money.

No. Our assessment isn't very different. I agree that there are features that become industry standard. I agree that New Game+ should be in almost every game, as I agree that Keymapping is a standard. What I don't agree with is people calling foul when the game doesn't meet their expectations and then go on to bad mouth the game... IF it's a good game even without such features. Yes, those features add a lot. I want them in DS3, but I can also say that DS3 is a good game. Even though it's not 9/10 or 10/10 caliber.

I think my point is that I am just getting tired of spoiled gamers. As a person who has worked in the game industry as a QA tester and now as an apprentice programmer I take offense. Because I know how much work, love, blood, sweat and tears go into game development first hand. I have tested some horrible games and some great games, I have sat up for nights on end contemplating algorithms for fixes and just for regular programming. It's literally brain melting. Once you start to go down that rabbit hole you start to see things you take for granted in games differently.

No. Our assessment isn't very different. I agree that there are features that become industry standard. I agree that New Game+ should be in almost every game, as I agree that Keymapping is a standard. What I don't agree with is people calling foul when the game doesn't meet their expectations and then go on to bad mouth the game... IF it's a good game even without such features. Yes, those features add a lot. I want them in DS3, but I can also say that DS3 is a good game. Even though it's not 9/10 or 10/10 caliber.

I think my point is that I am just getting tired of spoiled gamers. As a person who has worked in the game industry as a QA tester and now as an apprentice programmer I take offense. Because I know how much work, love, blood, sweat and tears go into game development first hand. I have tested some horrible games and some great games, I have sat up for nights on end contemplating algorithms for fixes and just for regular programming. It's literally brain melting. Once you start to go down that rabbit hole you start to see things you take for granted in games differently.

Spoiled indeed. Go play the buggy crap-looking mess that is Hunted, and tell me DSIII is still a bad game.

Then again they will still say its a bad game, that is their opinion and they are entitled to it.

Just like we're entitled to our opinion that DSIII is one of the better games to come out this year.

So, anyone who thinks a game is bad is a "little whiny sh***"? I've seen numerous user reviews giving valid reasons for this game being bad, and none of them seemed whiny to me. But what bothers me the most is when you say: "stop calling the game a bad game and would actually enjoy the game and spread the word that it's a good game, the game would sell more." Essentially, you're telling everyone who dislikes the game to just shut up and like it and tell people it's good so that it sells more copies, and the more it sells, the better the game will be. Why should people who don't enjoy a game be expected to wait for it to improve? What's wrong with expecting a good game in the first place, especially when a lot, if not most, DLC is an additional expense?

One of the biggest problems with PC games is that they cannot be returned - there is no incentive, therefore, for a game manufacturer to improve their product beyond what has already been sold. Heck, I'm not even sure PC game can be returned if it's defective. The only way a PC gamer can make a point about a game that is disliked is via word of mouth. This game is getting hammered on Amazon reviews, and while I understand this is only one site, I think it probably presents a good enough cross-section of users to be valid.

I enjoy playing video games. I enjoy playing GOOD video games. But you know what? I'll be darned if I'm just going to "sthu" when I'm dealing with a game that I perceive as being problematic and bad. If "awesome developers" want more money to "make better games" there's really a very simple answer: Make a good game in the first place, and go up from there.

So, anyone who thinks a game is bad is a "little whiny sh***"? I've seen numerous user reviews giving valid reasons for this game being bad, and none of them seemed whiny to me.

Yes that's exactly the issue. There are many people on here dissatisfied with the game that simply post suggestions on how it could be improved either now or in the future.

However the majority of the "haters" have only come here and flamed. What gets accomplished by saying "this game sucks" and leaving it at that? Nothing.

Yes there are a lot of people here "whining" mostly because this game isn't exactly like DSI and II. When you moan and complain without and deliberation on how to improve the game or maybe even a simple suggestion of "hey you could change this, or implement this" that's all you're doing is whining.