Delay Problem

karac67

Question

Hey, I just loaded the game up but when the initial screen comes up with the "Load Game" "New Game" options etc... there is this horrific delay. I move the mouse and the cursor won't move for at least 5 seconds. Everything is staggered and delayed.

My computer is not that old. I run Diablo 2 on it without any problems. Processor is fast enough, hard drive is big enough and graphics card is Nvidia. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions they are welcome.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Diablo 2 is a very, very, very, very old game, so it's hard to say. Can you give the specs on your computer? Do you have the latest graphics drivers?

Diablo 2 is a very, very, very, very old game, so it's hard to say. Can you give the specs on your computer? Do you have the latest graphics drivers?

Nvidia Gforce 6150 is the graphics

4 GB memory

AMD Phenom 9150e quad core processor 1.80 ghz

500 GB Hard Drive

HP a6700f

Thanks.

A little bit of digging shows that what you probably have is a very old, integrated graphics chip - i.e. not a 'proper' dedicated graphics card but a cheaper solution. Unfortunately, it's really not going to be good enough for anything released in the last couple of years, unless you get lucky and pull through on the lowest settings. It's also far below the minimum specs listed for the product.

Have no idea with AMD processors these days but you might want to check if that's up to scratch, as well. But unfortunately it just sounds like your computer is short, by far, of running the game.

A little bit of digging shows that what you probably have is a very old, integrated graphics chip - i.e. not a 'proper' dedicated graphics card but a cheaper solution. Unfortunately, it's really not going to be good enough for anything released in the last couple of years, unless you get lucky and pull through on the lowest settings. It's also far below the minimum specs listed for the product.

Have no idea with AMD processors these days but you might want to check if that's up to scratch, as well. But unfortunately it just sounds like your computer is short, by far, of running the game.

Thanks for your help, are you saying i need to buy a new graphics card or a new computer?

Thanks for your help, are you saying i need to buy a new graphics card or a new computer?

Bump - last question hopefully. Based on my specs, do i need a new graphics card or a whole new computer? Thanks again!

im assuming that you arent using a laptop.

with that in mind, you need a new graphics card.

you dont even need an expensive card, a reasonable mid range card will do.

if youre unsure about what one to get, then go to somewhere like newegg, set yourself a price, then pick a graphics card thats close to price and then post the link of it here asking if its any good.