what the EF! Huge Bug!

leadfox

Question

Not only does patch 1.01 on PS3 remove cutscene narration, but if you save before chasing Mu-Mu Joobee in the First People Village there's a bug that doesn't let you leave the area when you reload.

This is ridiculous. I've lost 5 hours of playtime.

And what's with the autosave? I have one autosave from 2 minutes into the game!

Do the devs even read these forums?

:)

6 answers to this question

There should be an autosave just before you fight the chieftain?

Have you defeated the chieftain a nd resolved the situation before trying to leave the area?

The game has made one autosave. Right before I enter Montbarron Estate. Literally two minutes into the game.

It was after I talked to him the first time. I defeated all of enemies in the area and then saved it, from there I'm supposed to chase him but I stopped playing. Two days later I load that save and there are roots blocking the way forward, and collapsed boardwalks the way back to wherever I came from.

I looked at a video walkthrough and those roots shouldn't be there.

There should be an autosave just before you fight the chieftain?

Have you defeated the chieftain a nd resolved the situation before trying to leave the area?

lessen learned i hope - that being, never ever keep just one save game when doing rpg's. any rpg. and never ever rely on autosaves for anything.

too much time invested to lose it all with something like this. i learned just like you did, years ago when playing chronotrigger, not to keep one save.

lessen learned i hope - that being, never ever keep just one save game when doing rpg's. any rpg. and never ever rely on autosaves for anything.

too much time invested to lose it all with something like this. i learned just like you did, years ago when playing chronotrigger, not to keep one save.

Hi brandysnap.

I just joined because I have a similar problem.

Autosaves don't work. Not even one of them. I have to restart the game every time I die. And there is no manual save.

I have been through about four save points or so and they don't do anything.

Is there a button or something. It doesn't even save on Steam.

Maybe the game thinks I'm on multiplayer. There won't be saves in multiplayer, will there? If this was the case there should be a choice to play offline, but there isn't one.

I also read the manual and it doesn't mention saving the game. It only mentions glowing save points that don't work. They dont restore health either. The manual says they do.

Regards from mik_4671

Edited by mik_4671

Save points never save automatically when you walk through - that would be incredibly annoying if saving took a long time, for instance. Anyway, when you stand on a save spot your portrait lights up and shows you the key you need to press.

When you DO save, it should restore your health.