Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

I want a show of hands. Who does not own the original Deus Ex and does not mind using Steam?

I have a (1, one, uno, ichi, ein) spare copy available to gift out. Be honest here. Let me know if you've never played it. Only played on PS2. Or you owned it, but lost the discs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i bought deus ex the first weekend after it came out, and still use the disc about once per year

as a coaster!!

zing!

just kidding i use it to play awesome deus ex

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I already have the first one, but I've always wanted to try Invisible War, just to see....

I honestly picked up IW on some Steam sale for dirt cheep just out of morbid curiosity. To be honest, save your money and time and watch some YouTube LP of it.

It's not worth your time playing it. At all.

I already have the first one, but I've always wanted to try Invisible War, just to see....

No! Preserve your innocence. We need people untouched by the horrors of Invisible War in this bright new era of Human Revolution and thinly veiled Greek mythology references.

No! Preserve your innocence. We need people untouched by the horrors of Invisible War in this bright new era of Human Revolution and thinly veiled Greek mythology references.

^^ what he said.

I mean, the game isn't so much bad, as just hopelessly mediocre. If it were worse, I might enjoy it more! :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's the least subtle reference to the Icarus myth (flying too close to God/messing with nature), really.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

JCD's meme is better.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The 'what a shame' one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Icarus is seriously overused - of course I don't know enough about Greek mythology to actually get any other references, so in essence I guess I have myself and people like me to blame.

Fortune favors the bald.

Maybe it's because I did Classical Civilisation at college.. but the core of greek myths and literature.. pretty muchb seem to get repeated through stories of all sorts out of europe the past 2 millenia.

That might just be the whole.. essential arcehtypes or some such. Or it might be that I'm a wee bit drunk at the moment.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I want a show of hands. Who does not own the original Deus Ex and does not mind using Steam?

I have a (1, one, uno, ichi, ein) spare copy available to gift out. Be honest here. Let me know if you've never played it. Only played on PS2. Or you owned it, but lost the discs.

Haven't seen anyone but Gifted1 really look at this yet, but I have three copies left over from the Christmas sale that I still need to give away if there are any more people out there that might be interested.

It's the least subtle reference to the Icarus myth (flying too close to God/messing with nature), really.

It's actually expanded a bit with some pseudo-sociological theory in the novel. I found it plausible.

Not seeing what the issue is here, actually expecting that your customers know the myth? Not going for the LCD? :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Haven't seen anyone but Gifted1 really look at this yet, but I have three copies left over from the Christmas sale that I still need to give away if there are any more people out there that might be interested.

I own it, but the disc is really worn, so if no one else wants hem, I'd be grateful for one.