Is the price tag appropriate?

38 euros for 30 hours of fun (so far). I would call that a ******* good deal. I usually dislike h&s / action rpgs because the combat is boring clickfest. Not the case with DS3, hc and co-op was pretty intense from time to time :lol:

Hate the living, love the dead.

"Geez, Dark Alliance 1 and 2 were even worse than Dungeon Siege 1 and 2. "

You jokin right? DS games (not coutning 3 hopefully) are amongst the worst games ever. BGDA series are pretty damn fun games with greta graphics, fun combat, a pretty darn good character system espciailly for an action (light rpg) game, and worthwhile stories.

How cna any sane perosn - espciially an Obsidian fanboy like youn - truly believe that the DS games ar ebetetr than the BGDA games. L0LZ

I didn't really like either of the BGDA games. Didn't really like Dungeon Siege either, but I still have it, so I guess I liked it slightly better than BGDA and DA2.

As to this game, I didn't feel cheated by it in terms of price, so for me the price tag was appropriate. YMMV.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"WTF? All this people buying the game for 30-40 euros, am I the only dumbass who bought it for 50 euros? "

HA! if I were to buy it now, it be $70.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

WTF? All this people buying the game for 30-40 euros, am I the only dumbass who bought it for 50 euros?

If you are in europe you can buy any game for less money by ordering from uk stores.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

WTF? All this people buying the game for 30-40 euros, am I the only dumbass who bought it for 50 euros?

If you are in europe you can buy any game for less money by ordering from uk stores.

Yep, shipping takes time though which I why I prefer the tax free shops from

Hate the living, love the dead.

My Dungeon Siege was paid off by my other pre-order cancels. After I discovered several games were garbage, their pre-order deposits became DS3 payments =D Combined with employee discount I paid about 20$ for this game. But I think its worth the full 60$ still.

This day if anyone blind faith purchases a title without renting or research, its just a bad idea. I recently got burned on Brink for 80$ game and strat guide, and the game was horrible. Of course Splash Damage lied to the community about the product they were actually receiving.

Dungeon Siege III was the exact opposite, its beautiful and fun and despite being very linear I enjoy it very much.

I just tend to look at whether I enjoy a game enough for me to replay it once or twice, if I do then I consider it to be worth it. DS3 is certainly in that category for me even though it might be shorter than some other games. As way of comparison, I believe Torchlight came at a cheaper price and (I believe) lasted longer as well and had the whole random factor on replays. However, I simply didn't enjoy it enough to even finish one playthrough despite me really looking forward to it.

There are other interesting examples of this as well. Mass Effect 2 was a game that I enjoyed a fair amount on my first playthrough but I simply can't stand to replay it, I find it almost unbearable. So naturally I don't find the purchase to be particularly worth it at this point. Dragon Age: Origins on the other hand is a game that I can continually replay and still find enjoyable even though I've seen what the game has to offer.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0